[Books & Show Spoilers] the Viper

Crackpot theory,

Tywin has shae hung as he promised. either before or after the viper mountain fight.

Motive to punish tyrion for not taking the tywin approved NW option

finding this out is the last straw for tyrion

Saves the unsullied from watching tyrion kill shae and adds to tyrions motives to kill tywin

^There was a shot in the second trailer for season 4 that showed Shae in a bed that isn't Tyrion's. Since that shot hasn't shown up yet, that's as good as confirmation that things will go down as they did in the books.

^There was a shot in the second trailer for season 4 that showed Shae in a bed that isn't Tyrion's. Since that shot hasn't shown up yet, that's as good as confirmation that things will go down as they did in the books.

I noticed that too. Can't have it be any other way; Tyrion needs to start his descent towards becoming a grayer character in the show.

^And he has already, so they're on the right course. The trial broke him and he's been pretty dark and moody of late. Him doing the deed will still shock and surprise people but they've made it emotionally plausible now.

Since Tywin is so much more likeable on the show, I wonder if people will actually be upset at his death. I can already foresee certain viewers complaining that having him sleeping around ruins his character, despite that being the whole point of that particular reveal.

^And he has already, so they're on the right course. The trial broke him and he's been pretty dark and moody of late. Him doing the deed will still shock and surprise people but they've made it emotionally plausible now.

Since Tywin is so much more likeable on the show, I wonder if people will actually be upset at his death. I can already foresee certain viewers complaining that having him sleeping around ruins his character, despite that being the whole point of that particular reveal.

Yeah the trial scene did start to turn it around but the killings will really get his hands dirty and officially begin the journey IMO. Still, that material and the Oberyn-Tyrion scene in Ep.7 were Dinklage's Emmy-nom reel this season undoubtedly since he really nailed them.

You're right to think that people will probably react that way as well. The show did a great job of never hinting at it (that Tywin sleeps around, not that he had Shae taken since that was made clear), as you'd expect, but since we had so much more Tywin in the show than the books because of no POV chapters that was a street they could have walked down and I'm glad they never did.

^I think there were some hints in Alex Graves' two episodes "the Lion and the Rose" and "Breaker of Chains" about Tywin's proclivities. Very subtle ones that are down to Charles Dance's facial expressions and reactions but are noticeable nonetheless. When he met Ellaria for example when he said "charmed" he seemed to be sizing her up. Also when Tywin barges in on Oberyn at the brothel in 403, he looked at the girls as they passed him (he did it discreetly but I saw it). Not to mention his remark to Cersei at the wedding breakfast, telling her to send Shae to the Tower of the Hand before the wedding.

Since Alex Graves will be directing the Tower of the Hand confrontation I think he put in these Tywin moments with the future revelation in mind. Or maybe I'm overanalyzing.

^I think there were some hints in Alex Graves' two episodes "the Lion and the Rose" and "Breaker of Chains" about Tywin's proclivities. Very subtle ones that are down to Charles Dance's facial expressions and reactions but are noticeable nonetheless. When he met Ellaria for example when he said "charmed" he seemed to be sizing her up. Also when Tywin barges in on Oberyn at the brothel in 403, he looked at the girls as they passed him (he did it discreetly but I saw it). Not to mention his remark to Cersei at the wedding breakfast, telling her to send Shae to the Tower of the Hand before the wedding.

Since Alex Graves will be directing the Tower of the Hand confrontation I think he put in these Tywin moments with the future revelation in mind. Or maybe I'm overanalyzing.

Right-I included the Shae one; interesting on the other points-I'll have to go back post-season and rewatch to catch them so good catches on your part. I should have been more clear; we've been around Tywin a lot, since Season 1, and I don't think there's ever really been any mention or subtle hints period prior to this season, where the examples you've offered, aside from Shae, are the subtlest of hints, if you can even call them that, possible. They're almost more of a goody for acute watchers such as yourself to pick up on along the way before we get to Ep. 10. Though now I will need to see at some point when I'm sick over a weekend or something and watch the first three seasons over if there were ever any other subtle hints, gestures, etc.

Nah, this is spot on. Dance did seem a bit too giddy when he said that Tower line :) And his very presence in brothel given his disgust with whores was...interesting.

Saves the unsullied from watching tyrion kill shae and adds to tyrions motives to kill tywin

Ohh poor Unsullied let's spare them the reality of what Tyrion has been pushed to become, God forbid he's not perfect in the eyes on TV viewers.. No they need to do it by the book. He needs to kill both Shae and Tywin.

Ohh poor Unsullied let's spare them the reality of what Tyrion has been pushed to become, God forbid he's not perfect in the eyes on TV viewers.. No they need to do it by the book. He needs to kill both Shae and Tywin.

Not only is Shae annoying, she cheated on Tyrion with his own father. Unsullied are going to be dancing naked in the streets with joy after she is gone.

Not only is Shae annoying, she cheated on Tyrion with his own father. Unsullied are going to be dancing naked in the streets with joy after she is gone.

This 100%.

Tyrion is not a gray character. Not even in the books.

This 100%.

Tyrion is not a gray character. Not even in the books.

Grey characters can still kill annoying ones. Tyrion is the greyest of all the greys that ever greyed.

absolutely...most of my unsullied friends have started HATING on Shae after the trial....

plus its very important for Tyrion to kill both Shae and Tywin....he has not done anything truly evil so far in the show...its extremely important that they take the time to show him choking the life out of Shae and the swift kill of Tywin....

im more concerned whether they will be able to really explain Jaime/Tysha...unsullied be like who.... :ack:

P. Dinklage can pull it off but still hope they do it well...it is after all one of the most important scenes

I always expect them to be in lockstep with whatever the mothership is doing.

Bahaha! :cheers:

Grey characters can still kill annoying ones. Tyrion is the greyest of all the greys that ever greyed.

Ser Grey Greyness, of House Grey.

Archived