[Books & Show Spoilers] the Viper

Don't be so sure. My Unsullied friend didn't understand a word of Oberyn's introduction scene, and when I began trying to explain it he stopped me and said "Wait, wait: what's Robert's Rebellion? And when did Tywin sack King's Landing? I thought he lived there!"

Sure, most unsullied might not get the full background story, but they will understand that Elia was Oberyn's sister, and of course Oberyn keeps repeating what the Mountain has done to her and her children. I assume many show viewers might not care so much about the when and why.

Me neither. Red Viper is much catchier than Oberyn and easier for the audience to remember. It would make sense if the characters would address him as "Prince Oberyn" but talk about him as the "Red Viper of Dorne".

EDIT: P.S. Come to think of it, has Olenna ever been called the Queen of Thorns on the show?

Ha! That's how she's introduced!

I hope Oberyn goes "My name is Oberyn Martell. You killed my sister, you raped her, you killed her children. Prepare to die."

He even got somewhat of a similar accent.

(I obviously apologise for a joke that's probably been made before)

I do not think that means what you think it means. Funny my friend:-)

Sure, most unsullied might not get the full background story, but they will understand that Elia was Oberyn's sister, and of course Oberyn keeps repeating what the Mountain has done to her and her children. I assume many show viewers might not care so much about the when and why.

My unsullied friends need EVERY single thing explained to them. The show is lacking in some regards.

My unsullied friends need EVERY single thing explained to them. The show is lacking in some regards.

So do some readers and some watchers of Breaking Bad. I bet they are still enjoying te show at a level below the maximum, so it's not a problem

You think Drogo is going to come back? I agree that Quentyn could be viewed as a Sun that rises in the west and sets in the east, but the end part of what she says ("then he will return") kind of indicates that it's not a prophecy so much as MMD's way of saying "he's gone."

"When will he be as he was?" Dany demanded.

"When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east," said Mirri Maz Duur. "When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves. When your womb quickens again, and you bear a living child. Then he will return, and not before."

watch elio and lindas video on the prophecies...the third video explains this whole thing as a "set of conditions" rather than prophesy that were (maybe) accidently set forth cause of the magical element that surrounds Dany. Interesting stuff

Archived