[Books & Show Spoilers] the Viper

And it will be so lame if Oberyn just cuts Gregor then dies, the impact of the whole thing was that Oberyn was completely sure of winning, everything was done and if he hadn't stepped in, he'd still be alive. That feeling of hope and then sudden despair was something the reader shared with Tyrion from when the Snake vaulted the Mountain to when he had his face crushed

And it will be so lame if Oberyn just cuts Gregor then dies, the impact of the whole thing was that Oberyn was completely sure of winning, everything was done and if he hadn't stepped in, he'd still be alive. That feeling of hope and then sudden despair was something the reader shared with Tyrion from when the Snake vaulted the Mountain to when he had his face crushed

I think Oberyn will have him on the ground, then he turns his back, Clegane gets up and grabs him.

Oberyn acting cocky? Yes.

Oberyn acting like an idiot and pulling the most cliche move in a fight scene and turning his back? I hope not.

Oberyn acting cocky? Yes.

Oberyn acting like an idiot and pulling the most cliche move in a fight scene and turning his back? I hope not.

But that's the thing, what he does in the books is every bit as stupid. He had Clegane, all he needed to do was wait and let the poison do it's job. OR take that GIGANTIC sword and get some distance and slice at his more vulnerable parts. He did THE most stupid thing possible.

The red viper wants to her the mountain himself say Elia before he dies. he wants to hear him confess. That's why he dosent kill him right away.

This does not explain why he did it from that close. He could have hacked or poked at Clegane's joints form a distance and tortured him into confessing.

The red viper already knew he had killed him. he got close to look into his eyes and hear him confess. he no longer cared for his safety, the only thing that matters was justice and for him the mountain had to confess for it to be true justice.

completely agree...i hope they do it exactly like the in the book

I wonder if they will make Oberyn's death graphic. Most main characters don't get a totally graphic death unless your Joffery (which still wasn't all that). I also wonder if there will be any other casualties in the battle, such as an innocent by stander getting cut in 1/2 or something.

I wonder if they will make Oberyn's death graphic. Most main characters don't get a totally graphic death unless your Joffery (which still wasn't all that). I also wonder if there will be any other casualties in the battle, such as an innocent by stander getting cut in 1/2 or something.

Well Cat's death was quite graphic. But Oberyn's death is quite...unique.

I don't even know how they would go about showing that thing with fist in the mouth and teeth crushing in pieces. The only reason I see for them changing anything is if there is no way to make it look....realistic.

i think i read somewhere that the teeth part has been omited

i would be okay with that...no need for a zoom up slow mo of his face caving in...but camera panned on Gregor while he's pounding Oberyn's face in, or while he appears to be crushing something and bellowing his confession...then after he's done, a quick glance to show it was his face he crushed, not just choked to death...

imo, that wouldn't be tooooo graphic and sufficiently horrific

i would be okay with that...no need for a zoom up slow mo of his face caving in...but camera panned on Gregor while he's pounding Oberyn's face in, or while he appears to be crushing something and bellowing his confession...then after he's done, a quick glance to show it was his face he crushed, not just choked to death...

Almost hate to say it, but I want to see that scenario play out like the books. And I AM a pacifist!!! so what does that tell you, hmmm? Maybe all you violent sorts should be wary of us pacifists lest we unleash our suppressed bloodlust on YOU! Muahahahaa :laugh:

Maybe parts of teeth in the air as the mountain punches Oberyn's face as well?

I wonder how are they going to show his death. Its like D&D were disucssing the death of Ned Stark, they had to decide in which frame(!) to cut to not show the sword beheading Ned.

They can't go too far, I think they will show The Mountain getting Oberyn to the ground and then taking his head and smashing it to the ground with full force and cut the frame at the moment when the head touches the floor.

I strongly believe they won't ruin it, they must show Oberyn's superiority in this fight, they must show he is the better fighter and greatly skilled warrior.

On the other hand they did show Hound stabbing that dude in the inn in eyeballs. That was pretty gross...so who knows maybe they go wild with Oberyn :P

Also when Jaime stabbed Jory in the eye. I swear I felt that dagger go through my own eye.

Also when Jaime stabbed Jory in the eye. I swear I felt that dagger go through my own eye.

Same here! That was horrible. I hate when something happens to the eyes. I almost looked away during Kill Bill 2.

Have you guys ever watched Rob Roy ? The fight could be like the last fight in Rob Roy where Oberyn holds Gregor at spearpoint, but then Gregor grabs the poisoned spear and then cleaves Oberyn.

Archived