[Books & Show Spoilers] the Viper

Anyone else deathly afraid that we won't get the fight dialogue? I can't help but be worried. I was hoping we would hear EEELLLIIIAAA! or SAY HER NAME! in the promo, but nope...

I'm glad we didn't hear that dialogue in the promo, to be honest... much more powerful to hear it in context with the episode itself.

They'll include the dialogue, no fear on that part.

Agreed, they already gave away a lot in the promos this season compared to last seasons.

I think we can be sure we will get the 'I am going to KILL that' line because of the Ellaria line we got.

But come on guys, D and D (and the camera) LOVE Pedro Pascal. This is going to be an epic Oberyn showcase, with a lot of great lines.

Americans should stop screwing the rest of the world in such important matters. They need to raise up and petition their government to move their holidays away from GoT airing times.

I'm joking, in case someone didn't notice

North-er Dakota should have their Victoria Day holiday the same day as Memorial Day instead of the week before.

Pedro Pascal is going to nail it! He's been beyond phenomenal this season. D&D seem to have gotten extremely good at writing dialogue this season, so everything uttered prior to and during the trial will be amazing.

By the way, I know the talk is all about the trial, but the other scenes look to be incredibly well done also. That Sansa scene looks incredibly tense and well done (like all Sansa scenes this season), and the raid of Mole's Town will give us some welcome Wildling action. Most of all though (apart from the trial), I am excited for Theon and Ramsay's scene, which looks to extremely eerie. If they pull all these moments off, I can see it becoming my all time favourite episode of the show (I can also see them topping it with the very next episode, and topping even that with The Children). :) I can't wait for the things we will witness in the next four weeks!

My wellbeing depends on Pascal nailing "If you die before you say her name, ser, I will hunt you through all seven Hells."

My wellbeing depends on them keeping that line in the show :)

That will probably be saved for Ep 10. I think they might have Dany banishing Jorah in this episode.

Agree with that; Dany's season ending almost has to be her locking up Viserion and Rhaegal :crying:

My wellbeing depends on them keeping that line in the show :)

At least we know we're getting: "You are going to fight that?" "I am going to kill that."

And then he's gonna say "your sister" and you get Littlefingered :D

:lol: I love the thought that Littlefinger is trolling not only the characters, but on a meta level he's trolling the interviewers(he told them Littlefinger had a less creepy, more paternal relationship with Sansa this year), and now he's trolling the book readers when they think he's about to say their favorite line. The troll train never stops when Littlefinger's conducting.

That will probably be saved for Ep 10. I think they might have Dany banishing Jorah in this episode.

Well, either one or the other is happening in episode 8. The way I see it, the bones would just be presented in 8 and early in 10 we'll see the dragons getting chained and Drogon escaping. Later in the episode, Dany banishes Jorah. But now that I think about it, your way makes more sense.

Agree with that; Dany's season ending almost has to be her locking up Viserion and Rhaegal :crying:

definitely...

jorah banishment beginning of ep 9 before the huge battle at the wall

ep 10 beginning children bones

end of ep 10, her standing in front off or walking out off Rhaeghal and Viserion being locked up...

speaking of which, i seem to rmr a lot of hate regarding how mutineers actually locked Ghost up...do you expect the same about how Dany actually lured them in to the "cage"?

Are you kidding me?? Quentyn Martell will definitley make it into the show. Who else would try to steal her dragons and then get burned alive in the process?

I'm not saying I want this to happen, but knowing D&D they could merge Quentyn with Hizdar zo Loraq, because I can't remember Hizdar doing much in the books (Except for the Dany marriage and stopping the second sons, but they happen before the dragon burning

Americans should stop screwing the rest of the world in such important matters. They need to raise up and petition their government to move their holidays away from GoT airing times.

I'm joking, in case someone didn't notice

I'll be celebrating Memorial Day to honor those that died. F GOT that day.

"those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it"

- Santayana

Anyone else deathly afraid that we won't get the fight dialogue? I can't help but be worried. I was hoping we would hear EEELLLIIIAAA! or SAY HER NAME! in the promo, but nope...

I don't see how the fight dialogue could be skipped. It's integral to the entire scene. Without it, we don't see Oberyn's or Gregor's characterization reach their zeniths. First of all, Oberyn's hubris would come off as empty if his misstep doesn't come from his obsession to bring justice to Elia by forcing her murderer/rapist to admit his culpability. And the reason the scene is so interesting for the Mountain is that it adds an element to his character--taking him beyond the cliche sadistic, brutish giant--when he calls attention to Oberyn's slip-up about the order in which the crime unfolded. To me, his dialogue shows a new level of weird, cold calculation on his part.

Now, if any dialogue is cut, it'll be Clegane's, I would think. Maybe the showrunners will want to keep it simple and keep him a vicious brute. But the fight wouldn't be "the culmination of 20 years of anger and hatred and thirst for vengeance coming to a head," as Weiss has described it, if we don't get some incarnation of Oberyn's lines.

Archived