X-Men Days of Future Past (SPOILERS)

Nictarion

One thing that bugged me was the guy with the white hair at the very begining of the movie (the one checking the bodies) supposed to be Quicksliver or just a random mutant?

I thought it was just a random mutant, the main part of that was his digging up the X man belt, and then getting splatted by the sentinel. Quicksilver would have just legged it if it was him.

Remender's run on X-Force was fantastic! I highly recommend it.

I would definitely recommend the run, though it has some weaker parts. However the Age of Archangel, dealing with Apocalyspe, was one of the best comic runs, both art and story wise, that I can think of in recent memory.

Just incredible stuff.

Soooo when Quicksilver is in the Avengers film(s), is he going to be played by Evan Peters? 'Cause he really made the role come alive, such excellent casting.

I know they have to walk on egg shells with Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch but I don't see how a particular actor could be precluded. This is a much smaller scale issue, but I've noticed that when different companies hold the rights to, say, an anime series and the movies for that series, they generally still have the same voice actors.

That's a shame. Not surprising, but very disappointing.

Also, I don't think the Avengers film can actually call him "Quicksilver." I could be wrong, but I read on another forum they will just be referred to as Peidro & Wanda Maximoff and not as Quicksilver & Scarlet Witch. I'm guessing it's for legal reasons to do with MARVEL's licensing of the mutant catalog to FOX.

But whatever he's called, Bryan Synger has thrown down the gauntlet with Quicksilver. He had the best scene in DOFP. Whedon definitely has a lot to live up to with the character, and the exciting thing is if anyone is up tot he task of topping such a scene it's Whedon.

Also, I don't think the Avengers film can actually call him "Quicksilver." I could be wrong, but I read on another forum they will just be referred to as Peidro & Wanda Maximoff and not as Quicksilver & Scarlet Witch. I'm guessing it's for legal reasons to do with MARVEL's licensing of the mutant catalog to FOX.

This is not gonna be a problem. The MCU has already established a habit of only sparsely using 'superhero' names and in specific contexts. Black Widow and Hawkeye are extremely rarely referred to as that. Captain America and Iron Man also usually just go by their real names. I actually like this detail. It makes the whole thing a lot more believable.

But whatever he's called, Bryan Synger has thrown down the gauntlet with Quicksilver. He had the best scene in DOFP. Whedon definitely has a lot to live up to with the character, and the exciting thing is if anyone is up tot he task of topping such a scene it's Whedon.

It's funny, but it seems like everyone is talking about 'that scene' in connection with Quicksilver. Which is interesting to me, because while it was a cool scene (people at my theater weren't exactly in stitches over it), it was still more of a fun gimmick. Up until that point (and afterwards), Quicksilver wasn't really that interesting, more annoying. I feel that there's a pretty good chance that Whedon won't top Quicksilver by giving him an Even Cooler Scene, but by actually using him as a fleshed-out character, likely through his connection to his sister. If he can channel some of Simon/River's relationship from Firefly, X-Men's Quicksilver and his cool scene aren't going to have the same lasting value. We'll see.

(Also, people's opinion on the respective Quicksilvers will depend hugely on what they thought of the movies in general. It seems that people remember the separate elements a lot more fondly if they liked the overall product a lot.)

They can't refer to them as mutants, I think, since Fox owns all the movie rights. Funny thing though is that everyone thought Evan Peters would be the bust in this role and now the onus is on Evna Peters to do even half as well as Peters did.

Also, fun fact: The siblings in Avengers were husband and wife in Godzilla.

This is not gonna be a problem. The MCU has already established a habit of only sparsely using 'superhero' names and in specific contexts. Black Widow and Hawkeye are extremely rarely referred to as that. Captain America and Iron Man also usually just go by their real names. I actually like this detail. It makes the whole thing a lot more believable.

Yeah, I wasn't saying it was a problem for me that he likely wouldn't be called "Quicksilver" in Avengers 2. A rose is a rose and all that. I was just pointing it out for Baelor Swyft (such a great handle & avatar, BTW.) to expect to see the same character w/ the same powers but by likely a different name.

Also, another example of a non-code named popular characters are Kitty Pryde and Jean Grey. Well, more so Kitty as Jean goes by Phoenix sometimes in the comics. However, no one refers to Kitty as "Sprite," her actual code name. At least the fans don't; just ask Rivers Cuomo. ;)

But yeah, I agree it's enjoyable hearing the characters in the X-Films and Marvel U films speak like normal people and use non-code names w/ each other. In fact there's a great little joke in Amazing Spider-Man 2 where Gwen accidentally calls Peter "Peter" and not "Spider-Man." We really could have a code name thread. ;)

This question may come a little late, but is there any hint in any of the movies how Charles came to look like Patrick Stewart again after his death at the hands of Jean and subsequent inhabitation of that patiet in the hospital?

...It's funny, but it seems like everyone is talking about 'that scene' in connection with Quicksilver. Which is interesting to me, because while it was a cool scene (people at my theater weren't exactly in stitches over it), it was still more of a fun gimmick. Up until that point (and afterwards), Quicksilver wasn't really that interesting, more annoying. I feel that there's a pretty good chance that Whedon won't top Quicksilver by giving him an Even Cooler Scene, but by actually using him as a fleshed-out character, likely through his connection to his sister. If he can channel some of Simon/River's relationship from Firefly, X-Men's Quicksilver and his cool scene aren't going to have the same lasting value. We'll see.

(Also, people's opinion on the respective Quicksilvers will depend hugely on what they thought of the movies in general. It seems that people remember the separate elements a lot more fondly if they liked the overall product a lot.)

Well, I think everyone is talking about that scene for two reasons: 1) it's the best a "speedster" character has ever been handled on film, and 2) it wasn't featured in the trailers, so it was a big surprise. The sentinel fights were spectacular, but I'd already seen them in almost their entirety form clips and trailers online.

And I think there's no question the Maximoff twins will play a much larger role in Avengers 2 than in DOFP (poor Wanda only gets a silent cameo), but as far as an action scene utilizing Peidro, Whedon definitely has a lot to live up to. Whedon used Hawkeye and Hulk better than anyone could've expected, so coupled with Synger's use of Quicksilver, I have high expectations for Whedon in regards to that character.

This question may come a little late, but is there any hint in any of the movies how Charles came to look like Patrick Stewart again after his death at the hands of Jean and subsequent inhabitation of that patiet in the hospital?

According to the movie-makers: the patient was his twin brother (identical you'd assume,) who's mind was wiped by Xaviers powers in the womb. That explains why they look the same, why Xaviers twin is also a paraplegic is beyond me.

According to the movie-makers: the patient was his twin brother (identical you'd assume,) who's mind was wiped by Xaviers powers in the womb. That explains why they look the same, why Xaviers twin is also a paraplegic is beyond me.

If he has never moved on his own in his entire life, I guessthe body would still be severely incapacitated despite being inhabited by another mind. Doesn't explain why he can move his arms though...

If he has never moved on his own in his entire life, I guessthe body would still be severely incapacitated despite being inhabited by another mind. Doesn't explain why he can move his arms though...

Whilst the muscles would have wasted terribly, he's had all the time from The Wolverine to DoFP (which has got to be around ten years) to rehabilitate.

I remember that back in the 80's Xavier got a cloned body somehow and that it took him awhile to learn how to walk in the new body because he had a mental block or something like that. So maybe the body could have walked but Xavier had some sort of problem with this for psychological reasons or maybe his own mind had forgotten how to fire off the synapses to his legs properly but who knows.

Strangely I am willing to buy into Cassandra Nova, but not this load of crap. Either way, I did not really need an excuse to ignore X3.

If we're being picky, how does ensuring the sentinel program doesn't get started mean that the pheonix force never inhabits Jean Gray leading to her death? And why is Wolverine even at the school if he never gets experimented on by Stryker?

Archived