(BOOK SPOILERS) Discussing Sansa XI: Lies and Arbor Gold

Sad thing is that George has no one to blame but himself for this. He's had plenty of time to finish this series but he is milking this cash cow for all that is worth at the expense of his series, potential, legacy. If the show finishes before the books it just will not be the same as it could have been. George has said in many of interviews he enjoys his dump trucks full of money. The world traveling, the writing an episode a season, the side projects, the tv spots, etc are all things that take GRRM out of the one room he will write in and further delay the release of this damn book, let alone another after it. And it's looking more and more like the show is going to pass the books before it's all said and done, especially knowing that TWOW is not coming out this year. It will be a real slap in the face to his avid readers for them to have to avoid the internet for 5 years while he finishes ADOS because he wanted to cash in.

No. Shut up and deal with it.

I have to say something: I need, (need!) a scene with Roose and Littlefinger together, only so we can marvel at the fact that human voice can be so soothing and so fucking annoying.

loooooooooool

The Vale storyline is not turning out great for voices. Someone on the recap thread stated that Sophie Turner has one of the worst actress voices they've ever heard, and although I think that's overstating it, she does have an irritating voice. Put her voice and Littlefinger's garbled-Irish-by-way-of-a-Batman-voice-imitation in a scene together, and it's like nails on a chalkboard.

Michael McElhatton, on the other hand...his voice is like amber flowing over velvet. He should be doing audiobooks, if he isn't already.

Peter Dinklage actually has a lovely speaking voice outside GOT, in my opinion, but THAT ACCENT. SWEET CHRIST.

This made me laugh so hard, I don't even know why

I know some people say Sophie has a whiny sort of voice, but I like it. And her acting was on point too.

Forgive me, I am a simple lad who knows nothing of subtelty, but what was with that black necklace?

It obviously means she's gone over to the dark side. Everyone knows people who wear clothes that are all black and...feathery are oh, so evil.

Oh, simple lad, go crush some beetles or something!

Sansa is dangling her virginity at TV Littlefinger and he is acting like a schoolboy in heat rather than the book schoolmaster. Arya though, with the hound at the Vale. Who knows if they turned away or are we going to have a sister reunion that is not in the books?

Sansa is dangling her virginity at TV Littlefinger and he is acting like a schoolboy in heat rather than the book schoolmaster. Arya though, with the hound at the Vale. Who knows if they turned away or are we going to have a sister reunion that is not in the books?

no, they turned and walked back to the horse parking lot at the beggining of the ravine

The scene where LF told SR he was going to learn how to use a sword may be hinting that the sickly Robin and Harrold storyline may be removed entirely. The kid who plays SR is in his teens, so it would be weird to portray him as a sickly little boy, and the show has always been conscious about the economy of characters, so the tv show may go on a different arch where LF grooms Robin to be a good figurehead for the Vale. LF's main motivation for making Harrold the heir of the Vale(or at least he claims) is because they need a strong adult leader rather than a sickly boy.

I believe Sansa is sticking with LF because just like Arya, she wants revenge on all who wronged her family, and is only now comprehending that it might be possible after all. . But she needs to do it with subtlety and intrigue and manipulation, and who better to teach her that than the master himself?

I believe in the end that Sansa will be directly responsible for the end of Cersei, and once she knows LF's part in her father's death, LF himself. Maybe even Meryn "f-ing" Trant. "What do we do to those who hurt the ones we love?"

Minor nitpick here: for a wimpy, spoiled, teat-suckling mama's boy, Robin didn't appear too broken up about mommy taking a flying leap.

I think her identity will still be hidden and she will continue playing Alayne to all the others in the Vale. Those three old lords will want it that way. That would be the safest thing to do until they are ready to make a move.

And nobody outside of that meeting room knows Sansa is in the Vale, so no wonder her sister was turned away at the gate.

The scene where LF told SR he was going to learn how to use a sword may be hinting that the sickly Robin and Harrold storyline may be removed entirely. The kid who plays SR is in his teens, so it would be weird to portray him as a sickly little boy, and the show has always been conscious about the economy of characters, so the tv show may gone on a different arch where LF grooms Robin to be a good figurehead for the Vale. LF's main motivation for making Harrold the heir of the Vale(or at least he claims) is because they need a strong adult leader rather than a sickly boy.

Good point! At first I was like, "why is he letting him go away with Royce and the rest when in the books he wanted the exact opposite?", but that's because LF wants Robin to stay in the Eyrie so he can poison him.

However, if he means to use it as a replacement of Harry then it makes perfect sense to send him to the other lords, get them to know each other, to teach him how to fight, and in general, to be the figurehead LF needs to unite the Vale

The scene where LF told SR he was going to learn how to use a sword may be hinting that the sickly Robin and Harrold storyline may be removed entirely. The kid who plays SR is in his teens, so it would be weird to portray him as a sickly little boy, and the show has always been conscious about the economy of characters, so the tv show may gone on a different arch where LF grooms Robin to be a good figurehead for the Vale. LF's main motivation for making Harrold the heir of the Vale(or at least he claims) is because they need a strong adult leader rather than a sickly boy.

I thought he sent Robin off so he's blameless if anything happens to him, clean hands and everything. And now LF is convincing the Vale Lords to open rebellion, well it wouldn't be hard to label an assassin as the Hands catspaw. Its actually more clever than in the books if they go that route.

I thought he sent Robin off so he's blameless if anything happens to him, clean hands and everything. And now LF is convincing the Vale Lords to open rebellion, well it wouldn't be hard to label an assassin as the Hands catspaw. Its actually more clever than in the books if they go that route.

No, I'm pretty sure that SR is getting merged into HTH.

Good point! At first I was like, "why is he letting him go away with Royce and the rest when in the books he wanted the exact opposite?", but that's because LF wants Robin to stay in the Eyrie so he can poison him.

However, if he means to use it as a replacement of Harry then it makes perfect sense to send him to the other lords, get them to know each other, to teach him how to fight, and in general, to be the figurehead LF needs to unite the Vale

We have no real idea of what their story next season will be like, but it's possible that they're going to play this as Littlefinger realizing that Robin is just not king material (even puppet king) in the course of their tour, and begins looking for a replacement. Robin's fate seems like it's meant to be a big deal in TWOW's Sansa story, and under the current plan there's no reason he would ever be in danger.

Ah bugger, I kinda hoped she'd stay Alyane. Ah well, C'est la vie.

Anyway, haven't seen the episode, but I do wonder if her reveal is the controversial chapter? Also I am wondering if there is a lot to her storyline in TWOW as they have skipped Feast. Bodes well for lots of Sansa chapters in the next book hopefully.

Archived