Will Arianne be Queen ?

Here Shaggydog

If Sansa comes out of hiding right now, she's more likely to be betrayed and sold to Cersei by that Mad Mouse or some other person. And since her husband hasn't been found/killed, she's still married and I don't see her being 'safely widowed' any time soon given that her husband is on the other side of the world. Sansa's position as Lady Lannister will repulse the Northmen, indeed her own brother disinherited her.

Stannis is going to be in a strong position with the Iron Bank backing him. He's a great general and will probably defeat Bolton. Even if he does get killed, his daughter will inherit his strong position.

You underestimate LF's ability to see and remove obstacles. He'll keep Sansa safe precisely because she is the key to his plans at the moment. He'll get the marriage to Tyrion annulled (possibly by producing Tysha), find a way to have her cleared of any charges related to Joffrey's death, and have her ready to marry Aegon as soon as the kid has been charmed into it.

Robb's will hasn't been found yet, which means Sansa isn't disinherited yet. And according to the crown, she is the heir to Winterfell.

I like Stannis but his victory is by no means assured. I'd really like to see Shireen become a power player, but she needs a mentor who can show her how it's done. Neither Selyse nor Mel will be any help, her grandfather Florent is dead, and Patchface is...well if she can understand him she could learn something, but he seems to deal more in prophecy than political theory.

You underestimate LF's ability to see and remove obstacles. He'll keep Sansa safe precisely because she is the key to his plans at the moment. He'll get the marriage to Tyrion annulled (possibly by producing Tysha), find a way to have her cleared of any charges related to Joffrey's death, and have her ready to marry Aegon as soon as the kid has been charmed into it.

I don't really underestimate LF but even he can only do so much. Once he reveals Sansa, she won't be safe anymore or at least as safe as she is now. As for producing Tysha, I believe only a few people know of the story (Jamie&Cersei and maybe Ser Illyn) and there is no way Cersei would help LF in this. LF after all will only reveal Sansa post-Cersei's fall. The tough old High Sparrow is also another tough obstacle to count on, Power to dissolve marriages is in his hands and those of the Faith Council.

As for LF scheming to marry Sansa to Aegon, I don't think so. If Sansa marries Aegon and later discovers how LF betrayed her father, he will lose everything. He probably intends to keep her close.

Robb's will hasn't been found yet, which means Sansa isn't disinherited yet. And according to the crown, she is the heir to Winterfell.

Yet quite a few probably know about the will, the Northerners (Lady Maege and Galbart Glover) were likely sent North with it by Robb. And a number of Riverlords (Edmure and Mallister) witnessed the making of the 'proclamation'. And several Northerners must have shared Robb's sentiments. The only way I could see LF wiggling out of this is by claiming that Robb was under age (15 at his death?) and could not legally disinherit his sister or even make a will but that is flimsy.

^^The post above explains why I said Sansa/Aegon would be too sweet. We want the best for Sansa and many of her supporters want her to be queen ( I don't, but that's a different story). With Sansa marrying Aegon she gets a good-hearted, not unintelligent, handsome guy and she gets to be queen loved by all so people root for it. And this would be a sweet ending. I'm assuming that those who want this ending don't think Sansa (or Aegon) will die during the Dance of the Dragons 2, but I may be wrong. I just think that it's extremely unlikely that Aegon will survive and I'm certain that if he loses, Dany will kill those closest to him. Besides, I think that Rickon will be the first Stark revealed to the North, so Sansa doesn't offer much to Aegon.

No, it wouldn't. I don't want Sansa to be the queen by marrying some guy. I don't want Sansa to end up in a loveless political marriage. Sansa herself doesn't want either of these things anymore, so why should her fans want it? "What is best for her" is that she gets to decide her own fate, rather than being used as a pawn and have as her best hope the possibility that at least the guy they marry her off is relatively nice (and Aegon, while no monster, is far from a great guy, from what we've seen of him - arrogant, rash, entitled... exactly the kind of guy Sansa is not drawn to, even though she would have been at 11 because she would just see his beauty, 'gallantness' and princely status and assume he is a great guy).

And that's just under the assumption that Aegon will live and rule long and happily. Which I don't see happening. I am sure that Aegon is fake and that he's going to have a bad end, not different from most other similar pretenders to the throne (though he may get to be on the throne for a few months before that, like False Dmitry I), so being his queen is just about the last thing to wish for your favorite character.

I've always had a soft spot for Sansa/Aegon, simply because he is a decent dude her age she is not closely related to.

Well that's a really low bar to set. You could just root for her to remain single, you know.

I could imagine them falling in love, with her being the cynical one in the relationship... or Aegon falling for Alayne Stone and only after Sansa has returned to the North realising that he did what his father did... but I don't see any of that really happening.

I don't. Not her falling in love with him, anyway.

His personality is Waymar Royce 2.0, that's the kind of guy she was drawn to when she was a 10-11 and a "stupid little girl" as she thinks of it now. Her tastes and desires as a pubescent 13-year old are quite different now.

The only major character I can see falling for Aegon (not in a very deep way, probably) is Arianne.

No, it wouldn't. I don't want Sansa to be the queen by marrying some guy. I don't want Sansa to end up in a loveless political marriage. Sansa herself doesn't want either of these things anymore, so why should her fans want it? "What is best for her" is that she gets to decide her own fate, rather than being used as a pawn and have as her best hope the possibility that at least the guy they marry her off is relatively nice (and Aegon, while no monster, is far from a great guy, from what we've seen of him - arrogant, rash, entitled... exactly the kind of guy Sansa is not drawn to, even though she would have been at 11 because she would just see his beauty, 'gallantness' and princely status and assume he is a great guy).

And that's just under the assumption that Aegon will live and rule long and happily. Which I don't see happening. I am sure that Aegon is fake and that he's going to have a bad end, not different from most other similar pretenders to the throne (though he may get to be on the throne for a few months before that, like False Dmitry I), so being his queen is just about the last thing to wish for your favorite character.

Well that's a really low bar to set. You could just root for her to remain single, you know.

I don't. Not her falling in love with him, anyway.

His personality is Waymar Royce 2.0, that's the kind of guy she was drawn to when she was a 10-11 and a "stupid little girl" as she thinks of it now. Her tastes and desires as a pubescent 13-year old are quite different now.

The only major character I can see falling for Aegon (not in a very deep way, probably) is Arianne.

Agree with everything you said. I would go so far as to say that between her ties to her mother's lands, the Vale, (there is some Stark blood there as well), and Winterfell (post-Bolton usurpation), she may acquire enough power on her own to rival a much-diminished IT, (especially one in hock to the Iron Bank).

I actually think it a possibility she ends up with the Tyrell heir after she sends LF on an all expense paid trip to the seven shells. :)

The Boltons only have it because no one knows where Sansa is, and they claim to have Arya. If Sansa comes out of hiding she gets Winterfell because the eldest daughter would inherit first. Stannis isn't going to get very far with his claim unless he starts kicking some serious butt. The Northmen will follow a strong leader who's getting the job done, or a Stark. Right now we don't even know if Stannis is alive. It's not too big a stretch to imagine that at least some of the North would rally for Sansa, especially when they find out fake Arya is fake.

Alia of the Knife, great points about the potential Arya/Cersei dynamic. But I still think Myrcella is the YMBQ.

I actually like Myrcella, :) but I think since it's from Cersei's perspective, it's got to be something that will make her lose all sanity, and seeing a 14~16 year old Arya, it will be like the woman who stole her dreams, (Lyanna), is back from the dead.

Also, to add to Arianne as queen, the Sand Snakes, except Sarella, would likely be her advisers. Their solution to a problem usually involves a spear, a dagger or poison; the Sand Snakes are impulsive, rash and utterly lacking in caution. I think Arianne will serve to drive a wedge between Aegon and Connington, who would likely be advising caution in dealing with Dany and Tyrion.

Connington, however, shares the Sand Snakes' lust for revenge. I could see him and them organising show trials and mass executions of anyone associated with the former government.

Connington, however, shares the Sand Snakes' lust for revenge. I could see him and them organising show trials and mass executions of anyone associated with the former government.

Connington lusts for redemption more than revenge. Connington is cautious, and he doesn't want to do anything that makes Aegon seem illegitimate. I don't see him doing mass executions, it goes against what he said that "we want to win the stormlands, and we won't do that with slaughter."

I actually like Myrcella, :) but I think since it's from Cersei's perspective, it's got to be something that will make her lose all sanity, and seeing a 14~16 year old Arya, it will be like the woman who stole her dreams, (Lyanna), is back from the dead.

That would work quite well, I'm just not sure there's time for it before the series ends.

No, it wouldn't. I don't want Sansa to be the queen by marrying some guy.

Hi, Vocal Minority, how ya doin? That guy's point was that it would look way too much like a Happy Ending. And it does kinda look like that. Let's face it, Sansa would be tolerant of someone like Aegon, versus someone like Harry the Heir. Most readers would find this to be a happy ending for her if this hypothetical happened. Or the closest one would get in this story.

That's how I see it. Like the first Dance of the Dragons, it will be fought without mercy on either side.

Yeah. I dont think Aegon is gonna win that. Which does mean that Arianne will likely get iced. ( :crying: I love me some Arianne) But it will make for some bomb reading!

That would work quite well, I'm just not sure there's time for it before the series ends.

She was twelve at the end of Dance, and by the next couple of books, she will probably be between 15~16.

And as "Mercy," she seems to be catching on quick, (cough,cough). :)

I think most people miss the point that Arianne is Aegon's cousin. If Doran forces him to marry her, then that would be quite a herring to the people of Westeros that hey, this may be not be the legitimate Aegon Targaryen if Doran will not back him immediately because Aegon is nephew. And what a waste of a potential marriage alliance.

Now I can see Aegon having an affair with Arianne and getting her knocked up.

If Arianne is to become Queen (i doubt it) then it would either be through Jon Targaryen (to repair relations for the new regime after Lyanna and Rhaegar) or some other Baratheon claimant.

I think most people miss the point that Arianne is Aegon's cousin. If Doran forces him to marry her, then that would be quite a herring to the people of Westeros that hey, this may be not be the legitimate Aegon Targaryen if Doran will not back him immediately because Aegon is nephew. And what a waste of a potential marriage alliance.

If Arianne is to become Queen (i doubt it) then it would either be through Jon Targaryen (to repair relations for the new regime after Lyanna and Rhaegar) or some other Baratheon claimant.

Agreed.

I don't think it would tell them that it's not the real Aegon. Cousin marriages are acceptable in Westeros.

I disagree that proposing marriage alliance between Dorne and Aegon would be viewed as a wasted alliance for either side. Doran planned a similar marriage pact with Dany/Viserys and Aegon should be an even better match. Doran is known to Westeros as being extreamly caucious so I do not think the people of Westeros would be that suspicious that Doran would not just join Aegon immediately. For Aegon, creating a solid bond with the only army besides the Vale to remain intact does not seem like a bad play to me. As a Targaryen, marrying a cousion would probably not seem that wierd either.

I disagree that proposing marriage alliance between Dorne and Aegon would be viewed as a wasted alliance for either side. Doran planned a similar marriage pact with Dany/Viserys and Aegon should be an even better match. Doran is known to Westeros as being extreamly caucious so I do not think the people of Westeros would be that suspicious that Doran would not just join Aegon immediately. For Aegon, creating a solid bond with the only army besides the Vale to remain intact does not seem like a bad play to me. As a Targaryen, marrying a cousion would probably not seem that wierd either.

But, Aegon marrying Arriane doesn't bring the kingdoms back together, and Dorne isn't really strong.

They are good good at defense, but not necessarily offense.

Right now, the North, (a territory as big as all the kingdoms put together), is independent and this time, Aegon doesn't have dragons, at least yet.

The Iron Islands are up in the air, High Garden and Sun Spear are at odds.

Two "foreigners" doesn't put the kingdom back together.

But, Aegon marrying Arriane doesn't bring the kingdoms back together, and Dorne isn't really strong.

They are good good at defense, but not necessarily offense.

Right now, the North, (a territory as big as all the kingdoms put together), is independent and this time, Aegon doesn't have dragons, at least yet.

The Iron Islands are up in the air, High Garden and Sun Spear are at odds.

Two "foreigners" doesn't put the kingdom back together.

Ok so the marriage alliance will not unify the country on its own obviously but, looking at your list, who better for Aegon to marry than Arianne? As of right now, he can't marry Margery or Sansa and he isn't going to wait for Dany to get her ass to Westeros. As to his prospects for conquering Westeros, his golden company+Dorne+Targeryen Loyalist+the Stormland lords, I think his chances of at least taking the South and KL are pretty good.

Ok so the marriage alliance will not unify the country on its own obviously but, looking at your list, who better for Aegon to marry than Arianne? As of right now, he can't marry Margery or Sansa and he isn't going to wait for Dany to get her ass to Westeros. As to his prospects for conquering Westeros, his golden company+Dorne+Targeryen Loyalist+the Stormland lords, I think his chances of at least taking the South and KL are pretty good.

:dunno:

Personally, I don't know why she'd want to be Queen of "Fuckedupteros" and rule through someone, rather than stay in nice, sunny Dorne and rule on her own, without every pain in the ass wanting to start a war over the slightest slight.

The Red Keep even looks like a tomb. :stillsick:

Archived