Details most wanted in a World of Ice and Fire

I want to know more about how the Seven Kingdoms eventually formed.

I want to know more about the religions, the Weirwoods, the Children, and also more about the religious history in Essos and the Southern Isles.

I want to know more about the wildlings lived, ate, etc, in such extreme weather in the North, especially during previous winters.

I want to know more about the connection of magic to fire, and possibly to ice?

I want to know more about Valyria, it's cutlure, it's people, and how the Targeryns fit into the whole story. Where they the only surviving family?

I am only going to list things I think might have a realistic chance of being in it,

* more on House Blackwood

* name of Egg's third son

* identities (house and parents) of women Egg's sons broke betrothals to

* identities (house and parents) of women Egg's two youngest sons married

* identities (house and parents) of men Egg's two sisters married, and the names of their children

* names of any children of Prince Duncan and Egg's third son

* identities (house and parents) of mothers of the children of Prince Daeron, Prince Aerion, Maekar I, Prince Rhaegel, Baelor Breakspear, Daemon Blackfyre, Daeron I, and Viserys II

* identities of the rest of the children of Jaehaerys I, and whether any more of his daughters married into great houses (I suspect Jocelyn Baratheon had a Targaryen mother).

* some extent of an account of Summerhall and the lead up to it

* more about Aegon IV's great bastards

* names and identity of Edric Dayne's father and mother

* Orys Baratheon, who his parents were legally, and more about the rumors about him and Aegon

* the Velaryons and their history with the Targaryens and Valyria

* the aftermath of the Dance of the Dragons, Aegon III's regents and council

* explanation that was given (and any rumors) about why Bloodraven was imprisoned

* more heroes, myths, legends, etc. about the Age of Heroes, and about founders of houses (like was done with the son of Caster and Lann)

* clarification on when the Faith Militant uprising actually took place, and whether usurpation perhaps played any role

* more on how Dorne and the Seven Kingdoms interacted before they were brought into the kingdoms, but during times when kings did not actively try to conquer them

* the story behind Viserys II being presumed dead and showing back up at some point

* some idea of how long the Citadel and maesters have been around (how long were they around pre-conquest, were they around pre-Nymeria, did they show up with the Andals, or did they develop in Westeros only after the Andals arrived?)

* more about the COTF, the First Men invasion, and the Andal invasion

Woolfield? Wylis Manderly's wife, Leona, is from it.

The Wiki doesn't say who holds it, but wool=sheep=Ramsgate makes sense. Especially since the wiki does say that Ramsgate is sworn to the Manderlys.

-Shadowlands

-Long Night

-Westerlands

-Iron Islands

-Kingsmoot

-Vale of Arryn

-Reach

-Riverlands

-Lands of Always Winter

-Valyria

-Yi Ti

-Ashai

-House Bolton

-House Lannister

-Produce of every major house

-Empires

-Notable Kings and what they have done

-Southrous

-Ironborn houses: Greyiron, Hoare, Greyjoy, Drumm, Harlaw etc.

I want to know more about the planet, like all the continents, including ulthos and sothoryos (forgot how to spell it) and their inhabitants.

I especially want to learn more about the fantasy parts of the books. Like The Others, COTF, weirwoods, religions, long night, Valyria + doom, decline of magic, dragons and all the other fantasy elements.

And the iron born.

I'm a detail-whore, and I think a single book can never compile the whole thing, specially when you consider sparse data, hard to categorize.

I only hope someday a maester (GRRM) or maesters (Elio and Linda) write a heraldry book, heavily illustrated, mentioning the words, herlooms (including famous blades) and seats of all existing and extinct houses (i.e. all the ones in the series, wiki and app). Some houses could even have their origins, famous members and traditions detailed.

Archived