[BOOK SPOILERS] Nitpick Without Repercussion

Myself, I hope all this Brienne and Sandor fighting info in the finale is as accurate a piece of info as Stannis and his appearance at the end of The Watchers on The Wall. ~fingers crossed~

Maybe Shagga and Chella attack Sandor? That reminds me, did they ever address their disappearance on the show after Tyrion's injury?

ETA: My daughter just loves all the book references to the well armed clans in the Mountains of the Moon.

Your daughter has great taste! :D

I always chuckle when reading about the clans (and their names). Much, much easier to digest than Essos-style monikers. :P

Your daughter has great taste! :D

I always chuckle when reading about the clans (and their names). Much, much easier to digest than Essos-style monikers. :P

She does have good taste. She also eyerolls at her over obsessive mother, but that's another story.

I'd love to see the Up Armed and Armored Mountain Clans in the Vale on my screen one of these seasons.

If Jaime goes to Dorne purely to deliver Gregor's skull/Oberyn remains, I MIGHT be okay with it, maybe. It could be used as an introduction to Dorne/the rest of Oberyn's family. Show them giving him the stink eye and maybe offense at him being crippled? Sort of like how they sent Tyrion as envoy and it was insulting. Plus, his demeanor around the Sand Snakes could establish them as not to be fucked with, maybe? Maybe he could be under orders to bring Myrcella back but he talks to her and she's perfectly safe and happy, so he decides to disobey Cersei? IDK, just trying to think of some justification for sending Jaime there that won't be ridiculous. I am doubtful it will make any sense and he will probably just teleport to the riverlands and then up to the wall and then to Pentos. Travelling at the speed of the plot since season 2!

D&D have finally succeeded in frying my brain, AGAIN. Although, I expect to be in rare ranting form for the last episode.

Yes, Jamie delivering the head to Dorne isn't a bad way to get him there...which means they probably won't do it.

And, gee whiz, if they had given Ellaria more to do this season than lay around half naked in a brothel feeling up various whores....maybe then the audience would already have a Dorne character they could identify with. Or, even god forbid, have cast Prince Doran already and had him in this season for a couple of minutes...that they could have stolen off the worthless Sam and Gilly or Khaleesi doing up Missandei's hair. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

Some say he is still paddling to this day.

I suspect he's hiding in THE brothel. Not only may he be worthy of endless freebies, but room and board?

All, joking aside, I am one who didn't mind that Pod scene. I do wonder what they are going to do with Gendry. I can't see him really returning to the Brotherhood with them having sold him off, unless D&D decide to either get amnesia about that (and hope we do, too) or once it's clear LS is the leader (And Arya's mother) perhaps they will put Gendry back with the Brotherhood? I can't quite figure that out.

Some say he is still paddling to this day.

:crying:

If Jaime goes to Dorne purely to deliver Gregor's skull/Oberyn remains, I MIGHT be okay with it, maybe. It could be used as an introduction to Dorne/the rest of Oberyn's family. Show them giving him the stink eye and maybe offense at him being crippled? Sort of like how they sent Tyrion as envoy and it was insulting. Plus, his demeanor around the Sand Snakes could establish them as not to be fucked with, maybe? Maybe he could be under orders to bring Myrcella back but he talks to her and she's perfectly safe and happy, so he decides to disobey Cersei? IDK, just trying to think of some justification for sending Jaime there that won't be ridiculous. I am doubtful it will make any sense and he will probably just teleport to the riverlands and then up to the wall and then to Pentos. Travelling at the speed of the plot since season 2!

They better give Jaime a scene where Doran/Arianne/sand snake confronts him with the death of Elia, Rhayneys and Aegon and asks him why he did not protect them. That's the only way they can justify that clusterfuck they'll be creating there.

D&D have finally succeeded in frying my brain, AGAIN. Although, I expect to be in rare ranting form for the last episode.

Yes, Jamie delivering the head to Dorne isn't a bad way to get him there...which means they probably won't do it.

And, gee whiz, if they had given Ellaria more to do this season than lay around half naked in a brothel feeling up various whores....maybe then the audience would already have a Dorne character they could identify with. Or, even god forbid, have cast Prince Doran already and had him in this season for a couple of minutes...that they could have stolen off the worthless Sam and Gilly or Khaleesi doing up Missandei's hair. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

I do think they have plans with Indira. It would be quite the waste of money if they keep on using her like in season 3.

I suspect he's hiding in THE brothel. Not only may he be worthy of endless freebies, but room and board?

All, joking aside, I am one who didn't mind that Pod scene. I do wonder what they are going to do with Gendry. I can't see him really returning to the Brotherhood with them having sold him off, unless D&D decide to either get amnesia about that (and hope we do, too) or once it's clear LS is the leader (And Arya's mother) perhaps they will put Gendry back with the Brotherhood? I can't quite figure that out.

The only thing I really had against the Tripod scene was the fact that it took up precious minutes of screentime. That could have been used better elsewhere, but the scene itself was quite solid (though of course campy as hell).

I just hope they don't put him back with the BwB. They already pulled a character assassination on the BwB and all it's members, so they should just cut their losses and roll with it. They probably won't, but I'd prefer it if he popped up in the Vale somewhere. Eventually replacing Mya Stone.

I highly suspect lots of ranting from me, at the end of the season and during the long wait for the next one. As someone who does also enjoy the show but not worship at D&D's altar, I highly suspect that I will make peace with some things on rewatches but also become more pissed off at things like..........Ellaria eternally feeling up whores and even looking bored with it herself. One thing I've noticed in repeeking at some of the Oberyn and Ellaria scenes is that they presented their sexuality as if it was a drug........they 'partake?' as if having sex with a person (whore or not) was about partaking of a substance, not spending time with a human being. That IS a super nitpick of mine and will be going forward.

I do think they have plans with Indira. It would be quite the waste of money if they keep on using her like in season 3.

The only thing I really had against the Tripod scene was the fact that it took up precious minutes of screentime. That could have been used better elsewhere, but the scene itself was quite solid (though of course campy as hell).

I just hope they don't put him back with the BwB. They already pulled a character assassination on the BwB and all it's members, so they should just cut their losses and roll with it. They probably won't, but I'd prefer it if he popped up in the Vale somewhere. Eventually replacing Mya Stone.

I do agree on the time needing to be spent elsewhere. And, things like that Podrick scene seem to have emboldened them to add tons and tons of filler this season, sad to say. My main nitpick is that they devote entirely too much time to their inventions, like Grey Worm and Missandei. It's an okay revision, but they spend too much time on it while putting the scenes in all the wrong places.

I hope he doesn't go back to the Brotherhood either, but I highly suspect that the show might use the new leadership as a reason for trying to get away with it. It seems reminiscent of The Hound and his code........til he needed to steal from someone that is.

Lol yes probably.

I highly suspect lots of ranting from me, at the end of the season and during the long wait for the next one. As someone who does also enjoy the show but not worship at D&D's altar, I highly suspect that I will make peace with some things on rewatches but also become more pissed off at things like..........Ellaria eternally feeling up whores and even looking bored with it herself. One thing I've noticed in repeeking at some of the Oberyn and Ellaria scenes is that they presented their sexuality as if it was a drug........they 'partake?' as if having sex with a person (whore or not) was about partaking of a substance, not spending time with a human being. That IS a super nitpick of mine and will be going forward.

I thought I had made my general peace with understanding D&D after the clusterfuck that was Season 3....but, if they do have Brienne meet Arya and the Hound, that will be a new high for stupid in the show.

Ugh, I had thought for a second that they were going to have the blonde brothel guy be "Satin" ....which would have been a way they could have, if they wanted, show a little of the reality of the plight of the sex workers being disposable, the alleged reason for Ros existing. But, apparently he was just blonde eye candy and nothing more.

I wouldnt' have had a problem with all the brothel sex if there h ad been something else shown, show the two of them alone for fuck's sake, show us they are in love, show there is more to the relationship than a love of orgies....

I thought I had made my general peace with understanding D&D after the clusterfuck that was Season 3....but, if they do have Brienne meet Arya and the Hound, that will be a new high for stupid in the show.

Ugh, I had thought for a second that they were going to have the blonde brothel guy be "Satin" ....which would have been a way they could have, if they wanted, show a little of the reality of the plight of the sex workers being disposable, the alleged reason for Ros existing. But, apparently he was just blonde eye candy and nothing more.

I wouldnt' have had a problem with all the brothel sex if there h ad been something else shown, show the two of them alone for fuck's sake, show us they are in love, show there is more to the relationship than a love of orgies....

I just rewatched the episode 10 preview. In one of the shots with Hound and Arya, we're looking over someone's shoulder, who has a black plate armor on... So I think that pretty much confirms, that Brienne will meet the Hound. But the question is, will she bite his ear off and fight, or not?

Some of S3 was the roughest season for me (inspite of the many clusterfucks of S2), and I think it was because it was the first time I watched week by week instead of all at once. I read the books a few years ago (after stubbornly not reading them even after a friend gave them to me knowing I would like them. Well, I'm stubborn and it took awhile for me to actually open them, LOL) and not until I had read the whole series did I do S1 and S2 on dvd and OnDemand. I spent alot of S2 going WTF??? but then, popped in the next episode. S3 taught me that the week by week drip of episodes in comparison to a marathon can amount to what was called Chinese Water Torture in my youth, I guess now we call it Water Boarding. The way many of the actors handle the material makes it hard to throw in the towel with the show. Not to mention, the show looks beautiful. It did and does have so much potential, but the more I go forward with the show, the more convinced I become that D&D do not write fanfic better than some preteens do.

As far as Oliver, ughhhhhhhhhh, I just don't like him, LOL He seems shifty. Granted, that one snippet about him not being on offer (for whoring and for Prince Oberyn) had promise, but with D&D it was more about Oberyn and nothing about Oliver, really. Now, though, I'd take him up at the Night's Watch in place of Lil Ollie and his 'wazzzzzzzzzzzzzz up' nod to Jon Snow after killing Ygritte. I'm telling you, I've seen soap opera writers who are considered butchers to that medium write better dreck than D&D. I do not like their lil creation of Ollie at the Wall. I'd rather have Oliver be Satin, truth be told.

Wot is this devilry

The music, Marcus Aurelius, or Richard Harris??? I love me some Richard Harris. Did you ever see him play Sulla? It was a two part tv movie, I believe. One of his last roles, along with The Marcus and Dumbledore.

He is shifty, but that is why I thought him as "Satin" would be a nice touch, we could see him going from being a boy whore, who also spies for LF...up to the Wall, to confront real problems...as well as bias against him..... and could have gotten actual character development!!!! But, I guess not.

Archived