[Book Spoilers] EP410 Discussion

Ran

But like... that's the whole point of art, man. It affects people deeply and gets them to feel.

They did with LS last year, with Coldhands this year, with Strong Belwas, with Garlan and Willas Tyrell, with.....

Yeah, I would think it stupid too if you just blurted out to me "So in the books Catelyn gets revived and she's hanging Freys" which is a poor answer because we don't yet know LS's full story in the books.

No, man. I went from the ASOS epilogue all the way to Brienne's scene. I tried to sell how important she is to Jaime, Brie and who knows how many others but they thought it was stupid as fuck.

Mind you my family is extremely artistic, well read and understand artistic merit.

Also, yes art should make you feel. But it's one thing to feel and another to be 2 steps away from a razor.

I was livid about the lack of UnCat,and then one of my friends suggested that they're probably saving it for something like season 5's cold open, since it has more to do thematically with scenes from the fourth and fifth books than with the third-book material from this season. Not just with Jaime and Brienne, but with the idea of resurrection, the Freys getting taken out and so on.

I think he's onto something and until he's proved right or wrong, that's what I'm predicting. She's going to open next season and set the tone.

you really need to not let it get to you this deeply. I would be more upset over their killing off a character that is still quite alive in the books we have available, Namely Jojen, Pyp, Grenn all touched my heart and had a part to play and all are dead.

While I wished she had come in that is going to be now that I think of it more a major undertaking explaining her to an audience of readers/non-readers alike and you know some will still NOT like the results.

but such is life not everyone is always going to be happy.

I promise I am not as broken up about it as I seem, just tremendously annoyed. I doubt care about the character coming back to life as much as I see it as a supernatural interference upon the Frey's infringement of guest right. It is the start of a movement where Frey's and Bolton's are disappearing and before you know it they are getting baked into pies and served to their families. I want the Frey's and Bolton's to start getting their just desserts and am annoyed that we went through a whole season without any significant revenge occurring

I think he would have said anything if it would have induced Arya to kill him in that moment. I didn't get the sense that there was any genuine remorse. I never thought his "confession" over Mycah had any element of sincere remorse in the books, either, but I did feel that he felt horrible over letting Sansa get beaten by the Kingsguard and about "taking" the song from her.

The show version of the dialogue seemed to confirm what I always thought about the books: that when the Hound says he "should have taken her," he meant "I should have raped her," not "I should have removed her from King's Landing."

Book version:

"I took the bloody song, she never gave it. I meant to take her, too. I should have. I should have fucked her bloody and ripped her heart out before leaving her for that dwarf."

TV version (bearing in mind TV Sandor has no idea that Sansa married Tyrion):

"And your sister. Your pretty sister. I should have taken her. The night the Blackwater burned. I should have fucked her bloody. At least I'd have one happy memory."

I think they did the best they could to show the "Bad Hound" in that sequence. It's true he shows no real remorse. He's really only regretful of the fact that he's apparently mortally wounded. I thought it was an ok sequence but definitely lacking.

When BR said 'and now you're here Brandon Stark' in a kind of sinister way I was thinking 'The non reader are going to think BR is some sort of monster that has tricked Bran into coming to him and will hurt him'...then he said the 'walk/fly' line and it ended on a positive:p

Couple other things. Why not have BR have one eye? He said ' a thousand eyes and one' anyway, so why not? Jojen dead? So, that means....what? Anything? Trolling paste? Idk. Aryra and the hound,, perfect all around I felt. Already mentioned how I loved the overhead Stannis formation shot, but adding 'Stannis, stannis , stannis' would of been epic. Everyone in Mereen needs acting classes before next season. Arya and the Hound will be missed.

I think you are right but there is still a lot of material they need to work through. Arya's storyline rocks, as does Jon's, Cersei gets some of what is coming to her, another royal wedding, the first view of Dorne, the jamie and brienne plots aren't terribly interesting though, so I grant you that ;)

I'm a big defender of AFFC. Probably because I like the Dornish plot but the logistics of introducing all of the Martells and all of the Greyjoys is going to be a problem. The leaked casting list has the sand snakes and Doran, Trystane and Areo but not Arianne, Quentyn or Arys and there's no mention of Euron and Victarion. My guess is Season 5 is a lot of invented non-book plot.

I was livid about the lack of UnCat,and then one of my friends suggested that they're probably saving it for something like season 5's cold open, since it has more to do thematically with scenes from the fourth and fifth books than with the third-book material from this season. Not just with Jaime and Brienne, but with the idea of resurrection, the Freys getting taken out and so on.

I think he's onto something and until he's proved right or wrong, that's what I'm predicting. She's going to open next season and set the tone.

I highly respect your opinion and I think that you are right about this. I mean, last season many fans were expecting the PW for the season finale and we ending having it this season. So, it could happen.

I promise I am not as broken up about it as I seem, just tremendously annoyed. I doubt care about the character coming back to life as much as I see it as a supernatural interference upon the Frey's infringement of guest right. It is the start of a movement where Frey's and Bolton's are disappearing and before you know it they are getting baked into pies and served to their families. I want the Frey's and Bolton's to start getting their just desserts and am annoyed that we went through a whole season without any significant revenge occurring

Yes. LSH is so symbolic. The Starks just get crapped on time and time again, and a little payback would be satisfying to a lot of people.

Couple other things. Why not have BR have one eye? He said ' a thousand eyes and one' anyway, so why not? Jojen dead? So, that means....what? Anything? Trolling paste?

The non readers don't know anything about BR and the Blackfyre Rebellions and it probably won't be brought up so they can miss out on it.

I think they did the best they could to show the "Bad Hound" in that sequence. It's true he shows no real remorse. He's really only regretful of the fact that he's apparently mortally wounded.

LOL like in that Futurama episode:

[Character dying of "boneitis"]: My only regret is that I have boneitis."

That "a thousand eyes and one" line loses some of its punch when Bloodraven is clearly shown to have two functioning eyes.

Good to see you on the show forum Apple. So did you notice Tormund's line about Jon never being a kneeler again. I'd say that's pretty strong foreshadowing 😃

Gotcha I still have Faith that payback is coming for both families next season. At least I hope.

hmm I was under the impression that went with CGI because of how enormous the Wolves were supposed to appear and they couldn't do that correctly with Dogs? in I guess make them appear larger than they were on screen.

I'm probably too demanding.

Archived