[Book Spoilers] EP410 Discussion

Ran

I'm not really sure about the choice to have Shae try to stab Tyrion lol, I think it would've been better to just have her be a bit coy and dismissive, not murderous.

Fighting is more in keeping with TV Shae. Also, as others have said, perhaps D&D wanted to justify her murder.

So, what did I miss by sleeping? :D Was Stannis scene good? I see he looks gorgeous on tumblr caps ^^

I'm not a Stannis fan, but I was whooping for him because he was so damn cool.

I'm just waiting until GRRM or D&D addresses the LS backlash within the next day or two, as it was addressed last year that ending Mhysa with her resurrection "didn't even cross their minds."

They will have to address it. It is exploding on twitter right now.

Well, it wasn't as bad as their adaptation of the visions at the House of the Undying, and that only because they, you know, never bothered to adapt the visions at the House of the Undying.

No Stannis chanting but still in line with TV Stannis. Also, Jannis Bromance is a go.

Well, it was nice that we actually got Stannis talking with Mance, because those two are just amazing actors. Both stood their ground perfectly. Jon saving Mance was a nice touch.

I think the "Stark theme" is the same thing as the "King in the North" piece. The latter is just the orchestral arrangement of the former.

Now we know why "The Children" contains a mini-statement of Arya's theme, though: Arya closed out the episode.

Jojen dying is probably the worst example of the show "going their own way," if that's what they're doing, since he's the most obviously doomed character in ASOIAF.

Yeah, he's the only character where everybody thought he was gonna die. I never bought jojenpaste, but I agreed that he was most likely a goner.

Someone on the General GOT board asked for potential confirmation or rebuttal of theories from 4x10, and here's what I posted:

1. The Hound's clearly still alive in the books and clearly has a role to play in post-ADWD books, as we suspected. 4x10 would have been the perfect place to kill him off onscreen if the Hound's role was done in the books, or even if the Hound's only remaining part was the "Easter egg" of the Hound being suggested to be the gravedigger on the Quiet Isle, and D&D did not do so. The Hound is very much alive when Arya abandons him, suggesting that he is coming back into the main storyline down the line.

2. Jojenpaste is unlikely to be a thing, since Jojen's corpse was destroyed in the show. It's not surprising that Jojen died, since Book Jojen is pretty obviously doomed.

3. Tysha being omitted is a big deal...although remember that back in Season 1, TV Shae pointed out that no woman who'd almost been raped would immediately hop into bed with someone. In retrospect, it seems like TV Tysha was always supposed to be a whore. In terms of what this means for the books, it suggests that Book Tysha is not going to factor meaningfully in Book Tyrion's endgame, and Book Tyrion's search for Tysha will be fruitless.

4. No Tyrion/Jaime estrangement in the show. It was suggested hat maybe D&D know that Tyrion and Jaime will never meet again in the books, and so wanted to end their relationship on a good note, since in the books most of their struggle with what the other said to hurt them is internal.

5. Tormund telling Jon "You can never be a kneeler again." Jon = king foreshadowing, maybe? (Can't remember who pointed that out.)

6. Sandor's line about regretting not fucking Sansa bloody is kept in. Keep those SanSan fires burning! (...although the line about how he regrets letting the Kingsguard beat her is not included, so there's that, I guess).

Anything I miss?

Archived