Book and show spoilers: how could they do the finale w/o

Snowisnobastard

I admit that initially, I too was irate over the lack of LS. I truly believed that they'd go for an awesome cliffhanger instead of a warm and fuzzy Arya-staring-at-the-water-while-triumphant-music-blares ending.

Now that I've processed the whole thing, I agree that they're probably saving her for next season. It would be a good way to start the trajectory of the Starks making a comeback. And her return would make more sense in the context of Brienne encountering the BWB and the Freys in the Riverlands. Cutting her entirely seems risky, since I think her storyline hasn't played out yet and will probably be significant by the end of the series.

Alex graves interview makes it seem as if there will be no LSH. He pretty much says she's not important to the story and given that D&D do know the ending maybe she isn't...but if they really wanted to pay homage to the fans or anything like that I think most would have preferred LSH over brienne vs the hound.

If the Tom O'Sevenstrings being in Riverrun thing isn't actually a grand plot by Stoneheart to kill every last Frey and Lannister within a thousand miles, and she's actually unimportant moving forward, I'm probably going to go into a Durdenesque state of delusion where I believe it happened anyway.

Alex graves interview makes it seem as if there will be no LSH. He pretty much says she's not important to the story and given that D&D do know the ending maybe she isn't...but if they really wanted to pay homage to the fans or anything like that I think most would have preferred LSH over brienne vs the hound.

I read the interview with him and the only thing he said was that she was never on the table for this past season. He said nothing about future storylines, and I doubt that he would know that much about them, anyway.

I read the interview with him and the only thing he said was that she was never on the table for this past season. He said nothing about future storylines, and I doubt that he would know that much about them, anyway.

"But to bring back Michelle Fairley, one of the greatest actresses around, to be a zombie for a little while and just kill people? is it really sort of, what are we doing with that? How does it play into the whole story" -Alex graves

D and D are telling their own story, yes they know the ending but how much of it? I don't think Cat came back from death to hang some Freys, I'm sure that she has a role to play. It's offical now, I'm dumping the show, I'll wait for the books.

It became a fanfiction about alternate timelines of asoiaf.

If they were never going to have Lady Stoneheart then they never would have gone through the trouble of showing Thoros, Beric, the Brotherhood Without Banners, or explaining Beric's resurrections. All of that would have been scaled way down, or cut completely. They are saving her for season 5, there was way too much story to tell this season to include her, and just to have her show up at the end for a few seconds to appease us book readers wouldn't seem right. I believe they want to show how she was resurrected first. Of course all this depends on whether or not they change Brienne and Jamie's storyline drastically just to avoid her which I think would be a total cop out. I heard Jaime will be going to Dorne, if that happens then yeah there won't be Lady Stoneheart. To people who say Lady Stoneheart isn't important and don't like her story don't understand the story. First of all she's the new leader of the Brotherhood and why would you not like the killing of Freys, and second she hasn't even been in the books that much yet. How is she annoying?

why is this even a question. She will show up its a given really. She is not cut. interview with Headey and Fairley from this year. This is AFTER season 4 had long been finished for them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Je2Ws5PJ7QM&feature=youtu.be&t =%205m53s

D and D are telling their own story, yes they know the ending but how much of it? I don't think Cat came back from death to hang some Freys, I'm sure that she has a role to play. It's offical now, I'm dumping the show, I'll wait for the books.

It became a fanfiction about alternate timelines of asoiaf.

Ha, fanfiction lolz. GRRM hates fanfiction I'm sure he's getting pretty fed up with the changes.

"But to bring back Michelle Fairley, one of the greatest actresses around, to be a zombie for a little while and just kill people? is it really sort of, what are we doing with that? How does it play into the whole story" -Alex graves

If she were in the next season, she would be in more than one scene, unlike this one.

I'm not saying they won't cut her- I'm just saying that what Graves said does not confirm whether or not she will be in future seasons.

On the whole topic of Michelle Fairley somehow being underserved by the LS character, I would have to think that one of the things she knew going into the role was the transformation, and it actually should have been one of the things that attracted her to the role. To me she always seemed well suited to play both parts. On a practical level, I can't comprehend why an actress wouldn't want to do an additional 4-5 scenes per year on the show that put her on the map. The first appearance alone would be huge in elevating her profile.

I remember being nervous that Ramsay was being cut, so I'll remain calm over this (hopefully temporary) change. I'm just totally disappointed because it was a PERFECT ending and would have taken no more than 5 minutes. They could've squeezed that in.

If anything… If they HAD intented to write her out, surely the highly negative fan reaction to her exclusion in 1 episode might sway their opinions on the character, or random zombie to quote Graves.

I mean they hyped it to be the best episode but so much of the response was critical partly because of no stoneheart. They'll pander to the fans. They'll include her. Unless its too late… :S

The Lady Stoneheart story is precisely this to me. It's a part of the story, I want her there in the series, but that is because UnCat is an abomination. Instead of finding what peace she can in death, Catelyn has been yanked back and turned into a horrid caricature of vengeance. The waste of her character, and the ensuing waste of Michelle Fairley, IS the point of Lady Stoneheart. She is cautionary tale writ large. You get this huge boost of "Go, Catelyn, go" from the SoS ending, and then you see what your enthusiasm has bought in the rest of the story.

If we are fortunate (or if Catelyn is), Brienne will take her first chance and put Catelyn out of her misery with Jaime's help. I doubt very much that Thoros would raise her again. Even if that is simply sending the two of them on a suicide mission to kill Walder Frey, a deed that might allow her to lay down her wightdom, that would suffice for me.

The Lady Stoneheart story is precisely this to me. It's a part of the story, I want her there in the series, but that is because UnCat is an abomination. Instead of finding what peace she can in death, Catelyn has been yanked back and turned into a horrid caricature of vengeance. The waste of her character, and the ensuing waste of Michelle Fairley, IS the point of Lady Stoneheart. She is cautionary tale writ large. You get this huge boost of "Go, Catelyn, go" from the SoS ending, and then you see what your enthusiasm has bought in the rest of the story.

If we are fortunate (or if Catelyn is), Brienne will take her first chance and put Catelyn out of her misery with Jaime's help. I doubt very much that Thoros would raise her again. Even if that is simply sending the two of them on a suicide mission to kill Walder Frey, a deed that might allow her to lay down her wightdom, that would suffice for me.

if we are fortunate.. why don't you speak for yourself. Don't you see you are greatly in minority here :rolleyes:

she will be in the show and i really do not think GRRM would resurrect a main character like Cat (mother of the freaking Stark children) just to kill her right away. She will do much in the later books like RW 2 ect.. Possibly even meeting her children or Jon Snow again..

this interview i posted: seem to be glanced over by those that think she will not appear. That video is pretty much proof she will appear as its shot AFTER season 4 had long been filmed for the cast and crew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Je2Ws5PJ7QM&feature=youtu.be&t%20%20=%205m53s

I think what readers have "against" LS is GRRM's overdose of the "resurrection" trope in his books, not necessarily anything against LS herself as a character. I was disappointed as well, I would have liked to have seen her close out Season 4, but it didn't happen, & I'm over it. If she is excluded next season ("pretty much" proves is not the same as "PROVES", in the above-referenced interview--in my opinion, of course), I have to consider that Manderly may take over her role as "avenging Frey angel" on the show. If no Jaime in the Riverlands next year, maybe LS's importance is diminished. Who knows where the show will head with this? I certainly do not.

I think what readers have "against" LS is GRRM's overdose of the "resurrection" trope in his books, not necessarily anything against LS herself as a character. I was disappointed as well, I would have liked to have seen her close out Season 4, but it didn't happen, & I'm over it. If she is excluded next season ("pretty much" proves is not the same as "PROVES", in the above-referenced interview--in my opinion, of course), I have to consider that Manderly may take over her role as "avenging Frey angel" on the show. If no Jaime in the Riverlands next year, maybe LS's importance is diminished. Who knows where the show will head with this? I certainly do not.

"readers" you mean a GREAT MINORITY of the readers right. Why on earth do you think there was even a news article that people was pissed she was not in the season finale. That is the MAJORTY of book readers that like LS and want her included.

and have you even seen the video i posted above of Headey and Fairley from that video its clear LS is not cut. Also they would neverhave introduced Oathkeeper and Briennes Oath to Cat or BWB if LS was cut from the show.

That quote makes me sad and says so much about their interpretation of the books. They have this attitude that as long as the characters end up where GRRM intended, it doesn't matter how they got there. So they make nonsensical changes, and then when the conclusion happens nobody can make sense of the character's actions. They seem to fail to realize that GRRM is a methodical and subtle writer that has a reason for everything. Some people loved LSH and some hated her, but the bottom line is, GRRM wrote her there for a reason.

Have D&D spoken up about the whole LS not in finale issue yet?

i wanna hear what they have to say as well. I wanna hear what they thought of the big backlash and hate they got for not including her in the season finale. They thought everybody would love their season finale saying it is the best they ever done. Well they got knocked down pretty quickly with that statement with all the hate they got for not having lS in the season finale.

This LS griping is becoming quite sad.

Alex Graves never read the book. The fact he speaks anything on LS means more she would be in a future season. Why tell someone about a character that is of no importance to the story on television?

D&D ending the season on what they believe how this part of the story end for TV.

If people think LS will work with the story on TV at the end of season, that is fine. To make it some checklist item that needs to because of the book is tiring and juveline to read again and again.

Archived