Videogames: Your Absurd Character Demands Cannot Be Met

Sivin

I'm really regretting not getting the Fallout New Vegas DLC back in the spring when it was cheap. It had been $2 a pop, now its bak up to $10 for each. Granted, I would've been even more annoyed back when I had that save file corruption issue since then I would've had a wasted money issue on top of the wasted time one. But now everything seems fine, and I've done absolutely everything except the endgame, but I'm not interested in paying $40 total for the DLC. Guess I'll wait and see if they go on sale again at some point. I've beaten the main game itself before, so I'm in no rush to finish it off again; especially since I've got other things to play.

The Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition is only £14.99 on Steam right now. Not sure how much that is in dollars, but $10 each for the DLC is crazy.

Just checking on Amazon.com, and the Ultimate Edition (the base game plus all the DLC) is only $16 on console and $15 on PC.

The Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition is only £14.99 on Steam right now. Not sure how much that is in dollars, but $10 each for the DLC is crazy.

Just checking on Amazon.com, and the Ultimate Edition (the base game plus all the DLC) is only $16 on console and $15 on PC.

If I bought a new copy of the game, would it recognize my save from the old game? I'm on 360.

If I bought a new copy of the game, would it recognize my save from the old game? I'm on 360.

I believe so. You just run the Ultimate Edition and it'll pick up the DLC from there whilst recognising your old save.

ETA: Googled it and apparently the UE has all the DLC on a second disc. Adding that second disc simply installs the DLC regardless of whether you installed the base game five seconds or five years earlier ;)

I believe so. You just run the Ultimate Edition and it'll pick up the DLC from there whilst recognising your old save.

ETA: Googled it and apparently the UE has all the DLC on a second disc. Adding that second disc simply installs the DLC regardless of whether you installed the base game five seconds or five years earlier ;)

Nice. I'll look into doing that soon. Although its fine taking a little break anyway, I picked up Wolfenstein: The New Order today as my non-Dark Souls 2 game (DS2 is too intense to play more than an hour or two at a time); and that's supposed to have a reasonably long campaign. So when I finish that off I'll probably buy the New Vegas UE.

Just finished Far Cry 3, I liked it. Although I really raced through the last 5 missions or so, which I think made it a little less enjoyable than it otherwise would have been. 1 game finished on steam now!

Meh, I feel that the story really takes a tumble once you get to the second island. I like the more grasslandish look of the new island, but for me Hoyt just didn't cut it as a main villain. His predecessor was better by leaps and bounds.

Imo for you, now it's time for some Blood Dragon. FC3 had moments where it was about to cross the line into insanity, but Blood Dragon blows past that line. I know I keep saying it here, but that's my all time favourite dlc (granted I'm not that wrll-versed in gaming).

Finished both parts of Starcraft 2 over the last few weeks after picking it up on a good sale.

Still great gameplay and levels, but what HOTS does to the zerg is just awful. I suspect nobody involved ever bothered to even look back at all the stuff written about the zerg for the first game. Frankly, most of the plot of SC2 violates already established lore. And all to make it more generic.

It's funny cause most of the moment to moment writing is pretty decent, but the overall story is pants-on-head generically stupid in a way that makes Starcraft way duller. And you wouldn't even need to do much to fix it.

Finished both parts of Starcraft 2 over the last few weeks after picking it up on a good sale.

Still great gameplay and levels, but what HOTS does to the zerg is just awful. I suspect nobody involved ever bothered to even look back at all the stuff written about the zerg for the first game. Frankly, most of the plot of SC2 violates already established lore. And all to make it more generic.

It's funny cause most of the moment to moment writing is pretty decent, but the overall story is pants-on-head generically stupid in a way that makes Starcraft way duller. And you wouldn't even need to do much to fix it.

That's pretty much the case for SC2 in general.

Sounds like nearly all video game stories then. I blame it on most head writers not being nearly as talented as their staff writers only responsible because for specific characters, locations, or scenes. Due to the fact that the head writers, with their seniority, probably got into the business back in the '90s, when video game writing wasn't really a thing (outside of a few, very specific examples) and only did so because they couldn't write elsewhere. Whereas these days there's more money in video games, and more talented writers are getting involved, but are still at a junior level.

Could be wrong; but that's my theory.

Sounds like nearly all video game stories then. I blame it on most head writers not being nearly as talented as their staff writers only responsible because for specific characters, locations, or scenes. Due to the fact that the head writers, with their seniority, probably got into the business back in the '90s, when video game writing wasn't really a thing (outside of a few, very specific examples) and only did so because they couldn't write elsewhere. Whereas these days there's more money in video games, and more talented writers are getting involved, but are still at a junior level.

Could be wrong; but that's my theory.

Nah, that's my belief for the most part too. Especially when it comes to Blizzard. Though I think Bioware has alot of the same issues.

I was just wondering, since Wolf Among Us episode 5 is releasing tomorrow, will I have to buy it, or will it just unlock as a download in the game I already bought? Not sure how these episodic releases work, since I bought episodes 1-4 together during the sale.

I was just wondering, since Wolf Among Us episode 5 is releasing tomorrow, will I have to buy it, or will it just unlock as a download in the game I already bought? Not sure how these episodic releases work, since I bought episodes 1-4 together during the sale.

If you bought it on steam, the episode will unlock automatically. I don't know how it works for the consoles.

Archived