US Politics: Check with a Court before you see your Doctor

lokisnow

And in the mean time, Republicans have to worry about Georgia becoming the next Virginia. Its not there yet, but its getting closer every election with the huge influx of immigrants to Atlanta. In 2012, even with the incredible deficit Obama had among southern whites, Georgia was still the second closest state that Romney won (after North Carolina). If Nunn and Carter win this year, or even just get particularly close, it'll be an ominous for the GOP there.

It's something to keep an eye on I suppose, but Romney won Georgia by 8.0%, and lost the popular vote by 2.9%. So Georgia was 10.9% more Republican than the national average, that's a pretty big gap.

It's something to keep an eye on I suppose, but Romney won Georgia by 8.0%, and lost the popular vote by 2.9%. So Georgia was 10.9% more Republican than the national average, that's a pretty big gap.

I'm not saying it'll just fall into the Democrats laps. But Obama didn't campaign in Georgia at all, there were no events, no OFA voter drives, nothing. That 8% margin was under perfect Republican conditions.

yes, it's a big gap, but in the cross tabs, as Fez pointed out, there's potential there for democrats to hope for and try and leverage. Obama uniquely underperforms in the Confederacy States amongst white voters, it's mysterious, but probably an effect that will not correlate to all democrat nominees.

Even without the Obama effect on confederacy states, it is still a big gap to acknowledge that the second least republican romney state was 10% more republican than the national average, that means there is only one other state democrats could potentially hope to pick up, North Carolina. But if Democrats do that, they are being their stupid usual democrat selves. Defeating themselves by ceding ground rather than making republicans play defense.

Hopefully Democrats can force Republicans to play defense in North CArolina, Georgia, Texas, Arizona and possibly Missouri and Indiana. If Clinton is the nominee, Arkansas may also be in play, but I think it is about as likely as Gore winning Tennessee, which is to say, not very.

Hopefully Democrats will force the issue, build the bench and hotly contest those states, ceding them all to republicans would be a mistake, especially when the republican strategy must contest a huge amount of states by pure necessity.

Spread them thin, and you might get a few lucky breaches.

But allow them to fight on ground of their choosing in Colorado, Wisconsin, Pennslyvania, Ohio, Florida and Virginia and you might let them win.

I'm not saying it'll just fall into the Democrats laps. But Obama didn't campaign in Georgia at all, there were no events, no OFA voter drives, nothing. That 8% margin was under perfect Republican conditions.

Its something I'm sort of curious about but all the Southern states have a black population of around 20%-30%, I think South Carolina has the largest maybe Virginia is sort of on the low end at around 15%, how did the high turnout and almost universal support that Obama enjoyed from this constituency effect the voting results. Would a candidate who produced a lower turnout with a slight but noticable decline in support merely sort of balance out the small amount of the white votes that a white Democratic candidate might gain over Obama?

If Clinton is the nominee, Arkansas isn't the only potential question mark: there is West Virginia too, which hated Obama with a passion, but which has fond memories of her husband. West Virginia, after all, voted for Carter over Reagan in 1980 and Dukakis over Bush in 1988. I know it's swinging heavily Republican, but perhaps Hillary could arrest the decline.

Its something I'm sort of curious about but all the Southern states have a black population of around 20%-30%, I think South Carolina has the largest maybe Virginia is sort of on the low end at around 15%, how did the high turnout and almost universal support that Obama enjoyed from this constituency effect the voting results. Would a candidate who produced a lower turnout with a slight but noticable decline in support merely sort of balance out the small amount of the white votes that a white Democratic candidate might gain over Obama?

Mississippi is the "blackest" state. The flip side is that it is also the most racially polarised state.

(As for Georgia, I do recall there being an effort on Obama's part to get black Georgians voting early. This led to the Georgia Republicans saying things along the lines of "we need to turn out. Those people are voting.").

Probably, the effects would cancel each other out. As RBPL points out, though, Hilary Clinton would likely do better in Arkansas and West Virginia.

Georgia likely will come into play soon, but probably not this November, unless Perdue is a terrible candidate.

Considering Bill Clinton managed to win Louisiana twice and Georgia once, its probably better to get that extra white vote; but its hard to say for sure. We know what's happening in Virginia, North Carolina, and Georgia now, and it has more to do with immigration (both foreigners and new englanders) than anything else. But of the others "black belt" states, South Carolina, Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana; for the most part Obama actually did a bit better than Kerry or Gore in all of them, but not as good as Clinton.

http://www.wnd.com/2014/07/congressman-at-border-obama-begging-to-be-impeached/

McALLEN, Texas – Observing what he could only describe as “chaos on the border” during a midnight tour of the Rio Grande on Friday, Rep. Steve Stockman, R-Texas, concluded, “President Obama is begging to be impeached.”

“For all I know, Obama is preparing to process five million illegal immigrant kids and teenagers into the United States,” Stockman said upon observing border operations near McAllen, Texas.

“He wants us to impeach him now,” Stockman theorized, “before the midterm election because his senior advisors believe that is the only chance the Democratic Party has to avoid a major electoral defeat. Evidently Obama believes impeachment could motivate the Democratic Party base to come out and vote.”

I think this is probably correct. Obama will attempt to amnesty several million illegals without congressional authorization, to provoke impeachment, possibly before the midterms. The one thing he is supremely skilled at is trolling and agitating, from his days as a community organizer.

I think this is probably correct. Obama will attempt to amnesty several million illegals without congressional authorization, to provoke impeachment, possibly before the midterms. The one thing he is supremely skilled at is trolling and agitating, from his days as a community organizer.

lol

lol

There's actually a potentially fascinating subtext to the wnd piece in Stockman's quote. One never knows for sure, but it sounds like while he's accusing Obama of political motivations on the timing of an impeachment effort he may also be revealing his side's political motives. He almost said "it's important that we wait until after the midterms before we impeach."

The subtext is that while Obama may deserve to be impeached in his view, that is a political solution, and currently there is not sufficient political will to do so. It's not about waiting until after the midterms, it's about waiting for the case to be made and sufficient popular support to exist.

Obama granting a massive amnesty without congressional authorization would certainly move the needle in that direction, as it's clearly a lawless action. Not that he cares. He enjoys the provocation.

Over played your hand there don't you think? A bit more subtlety would help.

Or at least I hope that's the case. The alternative is almost too dreadful a thought to entertain.

I think I figured it out. Commodore is Obama!

Given the congressional gridlock, and the utterly absurd republican threats of lawsuits and impeachment as precedent, I find myself wondering...

...if Obama could sue congress for dereliction of duty (failure to address key blocks of legislation).

Archived