Arya Surprise?

John Suburbs

I'm not going anywhere with this. A merely raised it as a slightly crazy, but not totally crazy, possibility.

The chapter is from Ayra's POV. Arya thinks she's a girl too, obviously. She was pretending to be a boy, but now she can't keep up the ruse any longer, so that's what is meant by "they had even taken her stupid secret." She has not secretly keep the fact that she really is a boy to herself. She doesn't know. And of course Hot Pie was the only one that was surprised because he is the only one left who thought Arya was a boy to begin with, except for Gendry who already knows she has no junk.

It's not that her sexuality is being kept secret, then, it's that her true sexuality is simply not known, by anyone, least of all Arya. To all outward appearances she looks and functions like a girl. She doesn't look deformed, or a mutant or a he/she. She looks like a perfectly normal girl from birth to her present age, and that's why no one bothers to look at her peeing. If you were in that situation and one of your female co-captives had to stop to pee, would you march over and demand a full vaginal examination just to make sure she was really a girl?

Not sure what you mean by this. Are you saying that all of GM's characters are exactly who and what they seem to be?

I'm surprised that no one has come up with the most glaring inconsistency with the theory: that if Arya was a boy, they would have found five male and one female direwolves in the woods, rather than four and two. My only guess here would be that if the direwolves were sent by Bloodraven and he knew about the Starks from watching them through the heart tree in Winterfell, he though Arya was a girl too. But I'm speculating wildly here.

I am arguing that if it was an issue in the story, then Martin would have brought this up earlier. Not doing so gives no reason to believe that Ayra has a medical issue that people in Westeros likely did even know existed.

Arya kidding?!

So the basis of this whole discussion is - Arya being a tomboy? So was I, it didn't keep me from giving birth to two children and I still check random trees for the best climbing route.

But, for the sake of realm, let's assume you're right. It wouldn't matter. Why? Because no one, not even Arya herself would find out, unless there are no significant changes in her physiognomy whilst puberting like hell because of: No. Genetically. Examination.

I imagine Maester Luwin examinig her right after birth: no balls, no penis, but a vagina. It's a girl! Puberty will change her apperance, no doubt. But I do seriously doubt that balls and penis will grow out of (almost) nowhere and her vagina will disappear.

Sorry, you're wrong.

Arya kidding?!

So the basis of this whole discussion is - Arya being a tomboy? So was I, it didn't keep me from giving birth to two children and I still check random trees for the best climbing route.

But, for the sake of realm, let's assume you're right. It wouldn't matter. Why? Because no one, not even Arya herself would find out, unless there are no significant changes in her physiognomy whilst puberting like hell because of: No. Genetically. Examination.

I imagine Maester Luwin examinig her right after birth: no balls, no penis, but a vagina. It's a girl! Puberty will change her apperance, no doubt. But I do seriously doubt that balls and penis will grow out of (almost) nowhere and her vagina will disappear.

Sorry, you're wrong.

[sarcasm] Ah, but if we use the real life case study of the Batista family, they had no penis, and when they reached puberty the surge of testosterone caused the tree to sprout, so to speak [/sarcasm]

[sarcasm] Ah, but if we use the real life case study of the Batista family, they had no penis, and when they reached puberty the surge of testosterone caused the tree to sprout, so to speak [/sarcasm]

Wait it matters. When all the Stark boys die, then the OP argument comes into play. Ayra blurts out that she is really a boy, and the maesters should inspect her penis. So when it seemed that Winterfell is truly lost to the Starks, Ayra pulls the old switch and says "FU Westeros, the Stark males are not dead, look at my penis". Ayra then becomes the virgin K-ueen of the north due to her having both sexual parts, and no marriage is required because now she can be labeled as an asexual being as her two parts converge.

Wait it matters. When all the Stark boys die, then the OP argument comes into play. Ayra blurts out that she is really a boy, and the maesters should inspect her penis. So when it seemed that Winterfell is truly lost to the Starks, Ayra pulls the old switch and says "FU Westeros, the Stark males are not dead, look at my penis". Ayra then becomes the virgin K-ueen of the north due to her having both sexual parts, and no marriage is required because now she can be labeled as an asexual being as her two parts converge.

Wow. I can't believe I didn't see this before, thank you sir! :bowdown:

And Ramsay can't even say that Jeyne pool was a stand-in for Arya's marriage, because I doubt Male-Male marriage is.legal in Westeros. The pieces of the puzzle fall into place!

People! Use sarcasm font! :tantrum:

No I like ambiguity, it makes you think ;).

Wow. I can't believe I didn't see this before, thank you sir! :bowdown:

And Ramsay can't even say that Jeyne pool was a stand-in for Arya's marriage, because I doubt Male-Male marriage is.legal in Westeros. The pieces of the puzzle fall into place!

House Bolton is doomed as a result of Ambiguous Genitalia.

Arya is a girl, not hit puberty yet but a girl no less. She is able to shift around using FM training but as she gets a little older, she will be limited in that capabilty. Also, like her aunt Lyanna, if Arya gets a little older in the books, I wager she will be a stunning beauty.

Archived