Arya Surprise?

John Suburbs

Of course there isn't. I never said there was. All I said was Arya being a boy is not beyond the realms of possibility, and here is a real-life example of how it could happen.

So, the only thing we are allowed to discuss in the forums is that which is clearly and unequivocally stated in the text? All we would have then, is:

Hey, remember when Ned Stark got his head chopped off? That was awesome.

Hey, remember when Tyrion shot his father on the toilet? That was awesome.

No, you start threads where there is evidence to support what you claim. Why start a thread with no evidence at all, other than to provoke these kinds of reactions

Of course there isn't. I never said there was. All I said was Arya being a boy is not beyond the realms of possibility, and here is a real-life example of how it could happen.

So, the only thing we are allowed to discuss in the forums is that which is clearly and unequivocally stated in the text? All we would have then, is:

Hey, remember when Ned Stark got his head chopped off? That was awesome.

Hey, remember when Tyrion shot his father on the toilet? That was awesome.

Or, stick with things that have evidence (so there's a basis for discussion), or a "need" to discuss (Howland Reed, predictions for what will happen, etc.)

Or, stick with things that have evidence (so there's a basis for discussion), or a "need" to discuss (Howland Reed, predictions for what will happen, etc.)

No, you start threads where there is evidence to support what you claim. Why start a thread with no evidence at all, other than to provoke these kinds of reactions

And what evidence is there for R+L=J? "Promise me Ned" Is that all you got?

What evidence is there that Tyrion is a Targaryen?

What evidence is there that Dany, Jon, Tyrion, et al are the PtwP, the LH, AA or any other hero?

Geez, Mel is a dragon, Roose Bolton is an Other, Syrio Forel is Jaquen Hagar, it's endless.

All kinds of threads get started on these boards with little or no evidence, just some vague "foreshadowing" or some twisted words in a prophecy.

If you don't buy it, then don't waste your time with it. No harm in a little out-of-the-box thinking.

I've seen this idea posted on some of the Most Crack-Potted Theories threads, but I got to thinking about it and maybe it's not completely crazy, only slightly crazy:

Arya is a boy.

I have no evidence of any kind, other than Arya's tomboyish personality and the fact that she passed as a boy from LK to HH.

But there is a medical condition known as Ambiguous Genitalia that can sometimes make boy parts like and work like girl parts.

The question is, would GRRM really pull a trick like that at the 11th hour?

If Arya had some type of ambiguous genitalia, wouldn't 'she' have just whipped it out and taken a piss when Gendry brought it up. Wouldn't Arya have given thought to that thing she has that could have passed as a cock instead of explicitly thinking that..........she didn't have a cock to whip out?

How many different women bathed her, betting on whether she was a boy or a girl, only to discover that she was female?

What evidence is there that Dany, Jon, Tyrion, et al are the PtwP, the LH, AA or any other hero?

Geez, Mel is a dragon, Roose Bolton is an Other, Syrio Forel is Jaquen Hagar, it's endless.

All kinds of threads get started on these boards with little or no evidence, just some vague "foreshadowing" or some twisted words in a prophecy.

If you don't buy it, then don't waste your time with it. No harm in a little out-of-the-box thinking.

There's a hell of a lot more than that for R+L=J, and you know.

There's certain implications with Tyrion (I disagree with them, but they're there)

If you can't see Dany and Jon as having evidence tied to LH/PTWP/AA/etc, you're not doing reading right.

Give me something from the text, no matter how small, that somehow refers to Arya having ambiguous genitalia. Female direwolf. Female character. The fact that there are multiple other women who are "tomboyish (Sand Snakes, Mormonts, and Lyanna, at minimum). Why even think for a second that she might be a boy?

If Arya had some type of ambiguous genitalia, wouldn't 'she' have just whipped it out and taken a piss when Gendry brought it up. Wouldn't Arya have given thought to that thing she has that could have passed as a cock instead of explicitly thinking that..........she didn't have a cock to whip out?

How many different women bathed her, betting on whether she was a boy or a girl, only to discover that she was female?

She has nothing to whip out. She has male junk that looks like female junk. She has nothing that would pass for a cock. She looks and functions like a girl in every respect, except that if anyone ever did a deep dive examination of her/him, the would see she has no uterus, no ovaries. Just the outside looks female.

There's a hell of a lot more than that for R+L=J, and you know.

There's certain implications with Tyrion (I disagree with them, but they're there)

If you can't see Dany and Jon as having evidence tied to LH/PTWP/AA/etc, you're not doing reading right.

Give me something from the text, no matter how small, that somehow refers to Arya having ambiguous genitalia. Female direwolf. Female character. The fact that there are multiple other women who are "tomboyish (Sand Snakes, Mormonts, and Lyanna, at minimum). Why even think for a second that she might be a boy?

As I've said over and over, I have no proof. None, Zip, Zilch. So stop pretending that I'm trying to offer up some Grand Theory about Arya's gender. All I said was, the idea at first seemed completely crazy to me, but on second thought only mostly crazy because there are actual cases of AG in the real world.

And enlighten me please, besides "Promise me Ned" what actual evidence from the text is there to support the theory that Jon is not Ned's son?

The comic sans = sarcasm is catching on!!!

I should try that.

On a scale of 1 to Kiefer Sutherland how drunk would GRRM have to be to come up with that?

Charlie Sheen? :idea:

:lmao:

heh.

Heh indeed.

There is quite a bit actually.

And enlighten me please, besides "Promise me Ned" what actual evidence from the text is there to support the theory that Jon is not Ned's son?

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/114618-rlj-v91/ would be a good place to start.

You really have 300+ posts and haven't seen the pinned R+L=J threads?

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/82623-jon-snow-and-the-blue-winter-rosetta-stone/ Is also a good one.

Arya is really Jon Snow's mother, and is actually Rhaegar Targaryen.

No, Ayra is Lyanna; she suffers from the same thing Benjamin Button did, reverse aging.

So Lyanna "died" at the ToJ while birthing Jon. The promise had nothing to do with Jon, it was a rare supernatural disease with a twist. Instead of being born and looking 95, it suddenly kicked in while in the ToJ and she age regressed. It makes complete sense now why everyone says Ayra looks like Lyanna.

Cat never gave birth to a dark haired girl, it was a hoax.

I don't buy it. But at the same time I don't mind crazy ideas. Sometimes they lead to something. Like "hey let's tie some wings to our backs and jump off a cliff"...fast-forward....."All passengers boarding British Airways Flight 0068, begin lining up".

But I am pretty certain that Ayra is not suffering from AG. There would really be no point in that, and plenty of girls are more "boyish" in nature. Just like metro-sexual men, who are not gay, but are often confused as such.

I am always for a bit of lighthearted discussion, especially since the next book may not arrive for another decade.....

OK, lets suppose that Arya has some syndrome with male genetics and female genitalia (ex. from real life: testosterone receptor deficiency, antimullerian factor deficiency - just for show off). What will happen then? She will be barren. Big deal, wont be the first, as a FM anyway she would have no children anyway. Maybe a very attentive lover would notice that something is wrong at the far end of her vagina. Maybe a healer, master or silent sister will observe that she has no uterus - certainly they will not consider that she`s ... he.

Archived