• Randyll Tarly - 222
  • Euron "the Crow's Eye" Greyjoy -216
  • Robert "Sweetrobin" Arryn -183
  • Lady Stoneheart - 179
No one wants a sweet end for:
  • Skahaz mo Kandaq "the Shavepate" - 0
  • Reznak mo Reznak - 0
  • Xaro Xhoan Daxos - 0
Conclusion: You want a bitter end for Cersei more than you want a sweet end for any other ASOIAF character.

No over analysis needed here folks.

The top five are genuinely good characters whose chapters are fun and interesting to read and whose storyline provides some intrigue or emotional investment and who don't fit any specific generic cliché ( except jon)

The bottom five are inherently fucked up characters (except daenerys) Who's story lines are boring, uninteresting and frustrating, and they meet required conditions for being a certain fictional character cliché, such as evil mad Queen ,heroic outlander saviour, evil sorcerers, brutes, etc.

Honestly, I really don't care whether others love or hate Daenerys. In the end, the only person who matters is GRRM. She's his character, and I'm sure he's already thought out a great ending for her -- bitter, sweet, strange, or all three at the same time.

:agree:

Love Dany, didn't vote in the poll, and Annara Snow has the best take on why:

Honestly, I really don't care whether others love or hate Daenerys. In the end, the only person who matters is GRRM. She's his character, and I'm sure he's already thought out a great ending for her -- bitter, sweet, strange, or all three at the same time.

yeah Dany will always be GRRM's baby, at the end it doesn't matter what other basics think. after all she is one of the characters with 30+ POV chapters unlike some of other fan faves i can think of who have 0 pov chapters lol

No over analysis needed here folks.

The top five are genuinely good characters whose chapters are fun and interesting to read and whose storyline provides some intrigue or emotional investment and who don't fit any specific generic cliché ( except jon)

The bottom five are inherently fucked up characters (except daenerys) Who's story lines are boring, uninteresting and frustrating, and they meet required conditions for being a certain fictional character cliché, such as evil mad Queen ,heroic outlander saviour, evil sorcerers, brutes, etc.

well thats just like your opinion tbh. i'll read a dany or cersei chapter over a snoozefest samwell or jon snow chapter any day.

well thats just like your opinion tbh. i'll read a dany or cersei chapter over a snoozefest samwell or jon snow chapter any day.

This was from the reader's popular opinion. Believe it or not, readers are clearly more interested in reading about sam and jon over dany. Most of them don't even come to such forums and have no clearly defined favourites, but when sam's story takes you to possible strike point of Euron and he unintentionally gets embroiled in the citadel conspiracy, or when jon is trying to organise the wall for a coming other invasion, it is vastly more enjoyable to them than what is infamously known as the meereenees knot; so they become more invested in said characters and root for them. Keep in mind this is momentary, if Dany's story in wow is better than sam's perception amd opinion about her will change.

Also, dany 'hate' or stannis 'love' is more complicated than misogyny

Gandalf:

Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.

I generally have problems with explicitely wishing a bad ending on any character.

Of course I am aware that bad endings will happen, this is no fairy tale where the good get rewarded by happily ever after and the bad guys and girls get punished by death within the timeframe of the books. And of course I am perfectly ok with this, it is part and meaning of the story. And of course a positive ending for this or that character may automatically mean a bad ending for another one.

And, first of all, I am aware that no one here is advocating death penalty for real living, breathing people by wishing his personal version of karma to come down on a fictional character.

And yet it leaves a bad taste in my mouth to explicitely verbalize the wish for a bad ending coming down on a character. Kudos to Martin for turning all of them into living things in my imagination.

I'm glad to see all the Davos love. But I'm also surprised that so many people want to see Dany have a bitter ending. Yes, she feels entitled and has made a mess of Slaver's Bay but she's good at heart and learning. I think the main reason so many people voted Dany is because it's hard to find 5 POV characters you want to have bitter endings. I really struggled with the 5th one and ended up voting Jaime just because he's a Lannister.

Me too. I had trouble with the last and ended up voting for Quentyn.

RESULTS

The voting is over and these are the results after 954 responses.

Top 10 POV characters that you want to have a sweet end:

1. Davos Seaworth

2. Sansa Stark

3. Jon Snow

4. Arya Stark

5. Samwell Tarly

6. Brienne of Tarth

7. Jaime Lannister

8. Tyrion Lannister

9. Bran Stark

10. Theon Greyjoy

Top 10 POV characters that you want to have a bitter end:

1. Cersei Lannister

2. Daenerys Targaryen

3. Melisandre

4. Victarion Greyjoy

5. Aeron Greyjoy

6. Jon Connington

7. Theon Greyjoy

8. Tyrion Lannister

9. Jaime Lannister

10. Arya Stark

Top 10 other characters that you want to have a sweet end:

1. Sandor Clegane

2. Hodor

3. Brynden Tully

4. Rickon Stark

5. Gendry

6. Podrick Payne

7. Eddison Tollett

8. Meera Reed

9. Edmure Tully

10. Stanis Baratheon

Top 10 other characters that you want to have a bitter end:

1. Ramsay Bolton

2. Petyr Baelish

3. Roose Bolton

4. Walder Frey

5. Gregor Clegane

6. Qyburn

7. Euron Greyjoy

8. Randyll Tarly

9. Robert Arryn

10. Lady Stoneheart

AWARDS

Most noticeable POV character – Cersei Lannister with 810 votes in both categories

Most noticeable other character – Petyr Baelish with 772 votes in both categories

Most unnoticeable POV character – Areo Hotah with 127 votes in both categories

Most unnoticeable other character – Haldon Halfmaester with 6 votes in both categories

POV character with about the same votes in both categories – Theon Greyjoy with 243 votes in first and 263 votes in second category

Othe character with about the same votes in both categories – Loras Tyrell with 79 votes in first and 77 votes in second categoriy

BITTERSWEET ENDING FINAL

In this new poll you have 2 categories where you can choose only one character.

AsoIaF characters that you want to have a sweet end:

1. Davos Seaworth

2. Sansa Stark

3. Sandor “the Hound” Clegane

4. Hodor “the Hodor”

5. Brynden “the Blackfish” Tully

6. Jon Snow

7. Arya Stark

8. Rickon Stark

9. Gendy

10. Samwell “the Slayer” Tarly

11. Podrick Payne

12. Eddison “Dolorous Edd” Tollett

13. Brienne “the Maid of Tarth”

14. Jaime “the Kingslayer” Lannister

15. Meera Reed

16. Tyrion “the Imp” Lannister

17. Edmure Tully

18. Stannis “the Mannis” Baratheon

AsoIaF characters that you want to have a bitter end:

1. Cersei Lannister

2. Ramsey “the Bastard of the Dreadfort” Bolton

3. Petyr “Littlefinger” Baelish

4. Roose “the Leech Lord” Bolton

5. Walder Frey

6. Daenerys Stormborn of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, the Unburnt, Queen of Meereen, Queen of the Andals and the Rhoynar and the First Men, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Breaker of Chains, and Mother of Dragons

7. Gregor “the Mountain” Clegane

8. Qyburn

9. Melisandre

10. Victarion Greyjoy

11. Euron “the Crow’s Eye” Greyjoy

12. Randyll Tarly

13. Aeron “the Damphair” Greyjoy

14. Robert “Sweetrobin” Arryn

Those who had more than 300 votes have entered the Final.

Here is the link to Bittersweet ending Final!

I'm glad to see all the Davos love. But I'm also surprised that so many people want to see Dany have a bitter ending. Yes, she feels entitled and has made a mess of Slaver's Bay but she's good at heart and learning. I think the main reason so many people voted Dany is because it's hard to find 5 POV characters you want to have bitter endings. I really struggled with the 5th one and ended up voting Jaime just because he's a Lannister.

And obviously too much has happened for anyone to have a truly sweet ending but it's a fun poll nonetheless.

Good in practice and execution>>>>Good intentions.

Gandalf: I generally have problems with explicitely wishing a bad ending on any character.

Of course I am aware that bad endings will happen, this is no fairy tale where the good get rewarded by happily ever after and the bad guys and girls get punished by death within the timeframe of the books. And of course I am perfectly ok with this, it is part and meaning of the story. And of course a positive ending for this or that character may automatically mean a bad ending for another one.

And, first of all, I am aware that no one here is advocating death penalty for real living, breathing people by wishing his personal version of karma to come down on a fictional character.

And yet it leaves a bad taste in my mouth to explicitely verbalize the wish for a bad ending coming down on a character. Kudos to Martin for turning all of them into living things in my imagination.

In literary terms, a bad ending is not necessarily disappointing. Any of our favourite characters could die (almost certainly some of them will). What matters is that they die well.

yeah Dany will always be GRRM's baby, at the end it doesn't matter what other basics think. after all she is one of the characters with 30+ POV chapters unlike some of other fan faves i can think of who have 0 pov chapters lol

GRRM's two favorites are Arya and Tyrion and the number of PoVs reflect this.

The funniest thing about BigWES'

RESULTS

The voting is over and these are the results after 954 responses.

Top 10 POV characters that you want to have a sweet end:

1. Davos Seaworth

2. Sansa Stark

3. Jon Snow

4. Arya Stark

5. Samwell Tarly

6. Brienne of Tarth

7. Jaime Lannister

8. Tyrion Lannister

9. Bran Stark

10. Theon Greyjoy

Top 10 POV characters that you want to have a bitter end:

1. Cersei Lannister

2. Daenerys Targaryen

3. Melisandre

4. Victarion Greyjoy

5. Aeron Greyjoy

6. Jon Connington

7. Theon Greyjoy

8. Tyrion Lannister

9. Jaime Lannister

10. Arya Stark

Top 10 other characters that you want to have a sweet end:

1. Sandor Clegane

2. Hodor

3. Brynden Tully

4. Rickon Stark

5. Gendry

6. Podrick Payne

7. Eddison Tollett

8. Meera Reed

9. Edmure Tully

10. Stanis Baratheon

Top 10 other characters that you want to have a bitter end:

1. Ramsay Bolton

2. Petyr Baelish

3. Roose Bolton

4. Walder Frey

5. Gregor Clegane

6. Qyburn

7. Euron Greyjoy

8. Randyll Tarly

9. Robert Arryn

10. Lady Stoneheart

AWARDS

Most noticeable POV character – Cersei Lannister with 810 votes in both categories

Most noticeable other character – Petyr Baelish with 772 votes in both categories

Most unnoticeable POV character – Areo Hotah with 127 votes in both categories

Most unnoticeable other character – Haldon Halfmaester with 6 votes in both categories

POV character with about the same votes in both categories – Theon Greyjoy with 243 votes in first and 263 votes in second category

Othe character with about the same votes in both categories – Loras Tyrell with 79 votes in first and 77 votes in second categoriy

BITTERSWEET ENDING FINAL

In this new poll you have 2 categories where you can choose only one character.

AsoIaF characters that you want to have a sweet end:

1. Davos Seaworth

2. Sansa Stark

3. Sandor “the Hound” Clegane

4. Hodor “the Hodor”

5. Brynden “the Blackfish” Tully

6. Jon Snow

7. Arya Stark

8. Rickon Stark

9. Gendy

10. Samwell “the Slayer” Tarly

11. Podrick Payne

12. Eddison “Dolorous Edd” Tollett

13. Brienne “the Maid of Tarth”

14. Jaime “the Kingslayer” Lannister

15. Meera Reed

16. Tyrion “the Imp” Lannister

17. Edmure Tully

18. Stannis “the Mannis” Baratheon

AsoIaF characters that you want to have a bitter end:

1. Cersei Lannister

2. Ramsey “the Bastard of the Dreadfort” Bolton

3. Petyr “Littlefinger” Baelish

4. Roose “the Leech Lord” Bolton

5. Walder Frey

6. Daenerys Stormborn of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, the Unburnt, Queen of Meereen, Queen of the Andals and the Rhoynar and the First Men, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Breaker of Chains, and Mother of Dragons

7. Gregor “the Mountain” Clegane

8. Qyburn

9. Melisandre

10. Victarion Greyjoy

11. Euron “the Crow’s Eye” Greyjoy

12. Randyll Tarly

13. Aeron “the Damphair” Greyjoy

14. Robert “Sweetrobin” Arryn

Those who had more than 300 votes have entered the Final.

Here is the link to Bittersweet ending Final!

I love that you put all of Danerys' titles in.

I have pretty much have resigned myself to the fact that many characters I like will end up dead. I will happy if both Arya and Sansa survive and get reasonably happy endings. Anything else, would be a bonus.

I have pretty much have resigned myself to the fact that many characters I like will end up dead. I will happy if both Arya and Sansa survive and get reasonably happy endings. Anything else, would be a bonus.

I like Arya, too, but I see her as one of the characters least likely to have a happy ending. I just can't picture what a happy ending for Arya would be like. I certainly understand and sympathize with how she got the way she is, but Arya has grown into basically a vessel filled with hate. She doesn't live for good things, only for revenge.

Even if she kills everybody she wants to kill, I don't see that as a happy ending. In fact, I don't think it will make her happy.

I like Arya, too, but I see her as one of the characters least likely to have a happy ending. I just can't picture what a happy ending for Arya would be like. I certainly understand and sympathize with how she got the way she is, but Arya has grown into basically a vessel filled with hate. She doesn't live for good things, only for revenge.

Even if she kills everybody she wants to kill, I don't see that as a happy ending. In fact, I don't think it will make her happy.

I agree. I sort of see her getting a bittersweet ending...maybe something like Jon giving her the gift of mercy or her disappearing from Westeros or something like that. She couldn't possibly function as a normal human being at this point, and what will be left for her once everyone on her list is dead?

I've read a lot of novels. I have a lot of friends who are novelists.

Best of all, I can read. He doesn't want people to hate Dany.

Almost certainly, Dany is written to be likeable. The fact that a character is likeable doesn't mean the reader has to approve all that she does.

I agree. I sort of see her getting a bittersweet ending...maybe something like Jon giving her the gift of mercy or her disappearing from Westeros or something like that. She couldn't possibly function as a normal human being at this point, and what will be left for her once everyone on her list is dead?

Well, thanks guys for ruining my day(just kiddin). You both have made good arguments that things might not turn out well for her.

Archived