Would you recast any character?

Ingelheim

I've been sitting here thinking about it for the past several minutes. I really don't think I'd recast anyone, they did a well. Everyone may not have the same appearance as their book description, but they portray the essense of the character well.

I prefered the original casting of Daario Naharis though, I wish they would have stuck him with a longer contract.

I think he did have a standard 'some-odd' year contract, but opted out.

Oddly, that seemed to be one area that was at odds between TV and book. Shae really does not know how things work with highborn people - superficially perhaps, but the danger to her, personally, was something she did not take seriously.

Shae on TV seemed more worldly, and more dangerous - consequently I found it less believable that when Tyrion and Varys warned her of danger ahead, she acted with bravado. A more experienced Shae should understand that noblemen kill common folk (whores especially) like they're flies, not to mention how frequently they contrive ways kill each other. Really, you're going to relay on street-smarts and a dagger to stay with Tyrion, with people like Littlefinger, Joffrey, the Hound, and Tywin lurking about? Not very street smart at all.

When book Shae does not take the warnings seriously, it's either because she's too inexperienced to really understand, or that she's just cold-blooded enough that she was always going to hang Tyrion out to dry.

An odd thing about the show, is in that 1st season when Bronn brings Shae to Tyrion he is totally vague as where she is from , in a way, just who she is.

He implies she is a camp follower who he won in a bet or a fight, or something like that, maybe he really knows little about her back ground.

Also Bronn when asked where he is from gives an evasive answer. I think this was true in the book too?

Bronn supposedly had a rough childhood , but we don't ever find out where that is. He has unusual fighting skills for a low born, tho that would not be unusual if he was talented.

It's never been clear to me why George left so much ambiguity about Bronn and Shae when he just loves to spin out a character's history.

An odd thing about the show, is in that 1st season when Bronn brings Shae to Tyrion he is totally vague as where she is from , in a way, just who she is.

He implies she is a camp follower who he won in a bet or a fight, or something like that, maybe he really knows little about her back ground.

Also Bronn when asked where he is from gives an evasive answer. I think this was true in the book too?

Bronn supposedly had a rough childhood , but we don't ever find out where that is. He has unusual fighting skills for a low born, tho that would not be unusual if he was talented.

It's never been clear to me why George left so much ambiguity about Bronn and Shae when he just loves to spin out a character's history.

I don't think Tyrion ever even asked them where they were from in the books. I don't see that as ambiguous - they're just lowborn Westerosi people. Most highborns don't care to find out more than that.

And Bronn's fighting skills aren't unusual for a lowborn. Lots of lowborn men become soldiers, sellswords or hedge knights, it's one of the go-to professions for lowborn men and maybe the only one allowing any social advancement. Bronn does not fight like someone who was trained in a castle to be a knight.

I love Rory Mccan, but I think Daniel Cudmore will be perfect Sandor Clegane.

http://i.imgur.com/YGkU6Gy.jpg

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1214436/bio?ref_=nm_ov_bio_sm

Looks really cuddly and baby-faced, nothing like Sandor, who's supposed to be intimidating. People have said about Rory that his face looks too cuddly and puppy dog-ish compared to book!Sandor's harsher features and angry eyes, but that's much more the case with Daniel Cudmore.

Looks really cuddly and baby-faced, nothing like Sandor, who's supposed to be intimidating. People have said about Rory that his face looks too cuddly and puppy dog-ish compared to book!Sandor's harsher features and angry eyes, but that's much more the case with Daniel Cudmore.

With proper makeup can be scary enough. Sandor is terrifying because of his behavior. He is not ugly. Rory is just... too old.

With proper makeup can be scary enough. Sandor is terrifying because of his behavior. He is not ugly. Rory is just... too old.

They can't do more makeup than what Rory wears in the show - they tried putting more extensive makeup on his face to make it look more messed up, but it turned out that it was hindering Rory's vision during the fight scenes.

Does height of an actor really concern people that much? I can't honestly say that when I watch anything, not just GOT, I sit and think, "Man, great actor but that character should be 5'6, not 5'4..."

I guess so. I would only concern if it was for a character like Duncan.

Archived