Good stuff that's happening to you (YES YOU!)

mcbigski

I have the most amazing grandfather ever. He had to leave school at 14 to work on the railways to help support his family; he's just given me (and each of my sister and my cousin) a really substantial sum of money which will help me, at the age of 24, to continue my post-graduate degree internationally at one of the top schools in the world for my field. Just gave it to us, just like that. He's incredible, and one of the smartest people I know. He's achieved so much, having started with so little; I wish we could have seen what he would have achieved had he had the chance for a real education.

Since today is my Birthday that would be considered a good thing.

So Happy Birthday to me!!!!

Happy Birthday! Hope you have a wonderful day :)

--

I'm in a ridiculously good mood this morning. It's been a good morning, I can't stop smiling. And this is my last week before the Christmas holidays (I only go in 3 days a week, including today) and 1 class next week and then I'm off until end of January/beginning of February (except I have exams). Going out for lunch with friends today and going ice-skating with same friends on thursday.. hopefully no accidents since apparently none of us know how to ice-skate :leaving: and I'm meeting up with some old friends over Christmas which is always good :)

As long as I can get this problem of missing classes sorted, next year will be an extremely promising year for me. I have so much to look forward to.

Oh, and my boyfriend is sending me a gift :wub: I know what it is but it's still sweet. He even said he wrote a letter for me :blush:

We had a book signing yesterday which went really well. A fair crowd turned up, and quite a few bought copies of the book from the shop. We also had a request for a signed hardcover edition.

It's my SO's mum's birthday today, so we're going out for a cream tea. Things that remind me of Cornwall always makes me happy.

I cut all my hair off and people keep being nice to me

Perhaps because you're a wonderful person regardless of looks and people appreciate that.

Which is always a good thing :)

--

I love pizza. That is a good thing. And I had pizza for breakfast and fulfilled my cravings.

I came back into the thread to see what kind of good stuff is happening, but then i saw Theda's av and squealed in fear and scurried under the bed. I've just now made it back out and have regained the strength to post, so there's that.

*growl* IF U COME ANY CLOSER I WILL RIP U TO SHRED- *cough splutter* i cant do that voice for v long

*growl* IF U COME ANY CLOSER I WILL RIP U TO SHRED- *cough splutter* i cant do that voice for v long

Actually your avatar reminds me of my dog. She is all black and has very white teeth. She is also a pig for cuddles.

I came back into the thread to see what kind of good stuff is happening, but then i saw Theda's av and squealed in fear and scurried under the bed. I've just now made it back out and have regained the strength to post, so there's that.

Never doubt the difference the small things make.

Archived