Good stuff that's happening to you (YES YOU!)

mcbigski

After months of unpaid internships, I've finally got an interview for a job! A real, paid job! And it's in my beloved Cornwall. :love:

I'm just a bit worried about leaving my SO. He's still at uni, and if I get the job, I'll probably be moving down there in January. He won't be able to join me until May/June the earliest.

Congratulations! :D Well done

I am sure your SO will understand, though of course I imagine it will be hard to leave them, even if it is only temporary.

Congratulations! :D Well done

I am sure your SO will understand, though of course I imagine it will be hard to leave them, even if it is only temporary.

Yeah he does understand, and is supportive, but I hate the thought of leaving him. We were long distance until August, when I moved back home, but I bloody hate it :laugh: The only good thing is being round the corner from him!

After months of unpaid internships, I've finally got an interview for a job! A real, paid job! And it's in my beloved Cornwall. :love:

I'm just a bit worried about leaving my SO. He's still at uni, and if I get the job, I'll probably be moving down there in January. He won't be able to join me until May/June the earliest.

When I met my new wife we were living 12 hours away from each other. If ita meant to be that will work it self out. Congrats on the Job cornell is awesome!!

Drac! That is amazing news :grouphug: what kind of job is it?

What others said, long distance sucks but I'm sure you can do it, it is a temporary thing.

-----

I woke up to amazing news, I am so... RELIEVED.

And I should really not be happy about this but I'm registered for January exams. Given my current situation and being worried about whether I would be allowed to take exams.. it's a good sign, at least.

Thanks all! I know we can do long distance, it just sucks. We worry too much about things. Sometimes I wish we were more reckless! :laugh:

Congrats on the exams! And good luck!

ETA: It's a digital account executive position, focusing on content marketing, SEO and general digital marketing. Which I've been doing a lot of during my internships.

Can't edit or quote on my phone, thanks to new adverts. Yay.

I just sent in my final papers/projects for two courses and a research project we've been doing since May. Minor edits on one paper, and two presentations to go and then I am FREE! Next week it's a party on Thursday night, party on Friday night, then on Saturday night four flights + three stopovers = 30 hours in transit back to Australia. Awesome, exhausting, exhawesoming.

It's our anniversary next week, so my SO and I are going away for the weekend. We are so excited to be able to spend some time together, alone! Something we haven't been able to do since, well, since I moved home, in August. Sigh. Yay for 21 hours of freedom! I might even shave my legs..

It's our anniversary next week, so my SO and I are going away for the weekend. We are so excited to be able to spend some time together, alone! Something we haven't been able to do since, well, since I moved home, in August. Sigh. Yay for 21 hours of freedom! I might even shave my legs..

Pfff, its Christmas soon, may as well wait a little longer now :p

But more seriously, enjoy your trip! :)

It is now four weeks since I gave up smoking. Weed & tobacco. No patches, no gum, just sheer bloody will power. After almost thirty years as a smoker, and several failed attempts to quit, I was sure I was condemned to die of lung cancer, or emphysema, or some such horrible disease. I'm already starting to feel the benefits in my body, and I now feel I can accomplish anything I put my mind to. :D :D :D

It is now four weeks since I gave up smoking. Weed & tobacco. No patches, no gum, just sheer bloody will power. After almost thirty years as a smoker, and several failed attempts to quit, I was sure I was condemned to die of lung cancer, or emphysema, or some such horrible disease. I'm already starting to feel the benefits in my body, and I now feel I can accomplish anything I put my mind to. :D :D :D

Good on you. If you ever need support there are a ton of us here for you

Happy anniversary. Shave the date :)

Well done. It's incredibly difficult, and I hope you keep it up :)

Archived