Good stuff that's happening to you (YES YOU!)

mcbigski

Good on you. If you ever need support there are a ton of us here for you

:rofl:

Congrats on giving up smoking! That's bloody hard. My brother's currently giving up - he's using an e-cig thingy.

Well done. It's incredibly difficult, and I hope you keep it up :)

Congrats Spocky , that's great.

Thanks, everyone. I still can't quite believe that I've managed to quit. Even more so, considering I'm not using any 'aids'. What has really helped, I think, is an experience I had with my back earlier in the year. Over the course of two months, I slipped a disc on three separate occasions. As a result, I spent about ten weeks dosed up to the gills on diazepam. The withdrawal wasn't pretty, but, you know, it didn't kill me... So when I quit smoking, I kept telling myself that the cravings I was experiencing were nowhere near as bad as the valium withdrawal. And they weren't. Next thing I know, it's four weeks on, physically I'm feeling so much better, and I'm already about £400 better off!

Thanks, everyone. I still can't quite believe that I've managed to quit. Even more so, considering I'm not using any 'aids'. What has really helped, I think, is an experience I had with my back earlier in the year. Over the course of two months, I slipped a disc on three separate occasions. As a result, I spent about ten weeks dosed up to the gills on diazepam. The withdrawal wasn't pretty, but, you know, it didn't kill me... So when I quit smoking, I kept telling myself that the cravings I was experiencing were nowhere near as bad as the valium withdrawal. And they weren't. Next thing I know, it's four weeks on, physically I'm feeling so much better, and I'm already about £400 better off!

£400 on cigarettes in a month?! Hellfire.

Impressive stuff Spocky.

This is very much a good thing that happened to me, because unlike many of the people upthread I actually didn't deserve any bountiful reward or justice.

To cut a reasonably short story shorter, my laptop fell off my desk (my own stupidity to blame) and I couldn't catch it. It landed right on my friends 16GB memory stick, breaking it into 3 pieces and turning my laptop off completely. After a brief moments panic, I managed to put the memory stick back together, and within 5 minutes I'd found that both laptop and memory stick were in working order, neither noticeably broken. Thank fuck for that.

Thats some MacGyver stuff right there!

95% sure you know I was joking, but just on that 5%, I have to say something and ruin my own joke, and props on the work.

You are correct, ser! Heard you loud and clear on the joke. And just so you know, i loled! And then backtracked with a weaker joke. Which means its time for bed!

Merry good things to.all, and to all a good night.

Congrats man, it is pretty hard to do. I quit smoking cigs YEARS ago but I am still very addicted to nicotine. I can't go too far between pieces of nicotine gum. I'm hoping to finally give it up after the new year. It is going to suck really bad and I am not looking forward to it. The main reason it is difficult is that when I drink (which, is A LOT less often than I used to) I get an uncontrollable craving for nicotine. So what happens is that I end up buying a pack of cigarettes, or in some cases, a can of dip, and just running through that and then end up buying more gum in the end to avoid that happening again. Literally every time I try to quit the gum I end up smoking cigarettes. Anyway, it helps that I drink a lot less frequently these days, I might be able to do it this time.

I was looking back in this thread because I posted in it, its funny because in August I was planning on selling my motorcycle and buying the one I have now, but I never got around to doing that until just a couple of weeks ago, partly because the bike I was looking for doesn't seem to come up for sale all that often. I went and looked at a lot of them over the course of several months but held off and I'm so glad that I did. I got to see what a shitty one looked like (and ride a shitty one). So when I went to look at one a couple of weeks ago and found a gem at a good price, I knew what I was looking at and I pounced on it. It's been warm enough here to ride but kind of rainy lately, plus it gets dark so early this time of year, so today was the first real day that I took it out and rode around. Probably put 200 miles on it today and my butt is a little sore but it was fucking awesome. Hands down the coolest fucking thing I have ever owned.

• 1 month later...

Archived