Which is really bloodier and more violent- Game of Thrones or Harry Potter?

Pod The Rod

The death of Charity Burbidge and Nagini's emergence out of Bathilda's body were both pretty horrifying and well done.

That, along with LV's resurrection in GoF and his mutilated soul looking like some aborted baby in the movies are probably the most shocking scenes of the seven books. In a way, I'm glad that JKR doesn't tip-toe around kids with scenes like these, thinking they can't handle them.

It symbolises Harry's maidenhead...

Bhahahaha, you are bad, I love it. :lmao:

By the way, has Poor Dobby come up in this thread yet, that one killed me. Although, it may have been the actual grave digging scene, too, and all of Harry's thoughts and feelings as he does it. Hey, Grave digging? Hedwig? Maidenheads?

Bhahahaha, you are bad, I love it. :lmao:

By the way, has Poor Dobby come up in this thread yet, that one killed me. Although, it may have been the actual grave digging scene, too, and all of Harry's thoughts and feelings as he does it. Hey, Grave digging? Hedwig? Maidenheads?

Dogs? If JKR and GRRM merge, Sirius totally would get it on with Sansa and she would be happy because sirius was hot as hell... :D

(House Black: "We hate you")

Merope giving Tom Riddle the Love Potion.

(I suppose many DE also used the Imperius with some of their female victims for more than just ordering to go and kill/spy others, but JKR never went there)

The wizarding world has a pretty strange view of what constitutes consent to sex.

It's interesting that all of Dumbledore's and Harry's sympathy is for Merope and none at all for Tom Riddle Senior.

Hermione would be the one with responsive nipples.

And I'm still affected by Sirius' death =´(

ASOIAF is of course more violent but there was plenty of violence in HP considering it's a children's novel.

Sirious death devastated me, I was so upset. His and Dobby, oh Dobby...

That, along with LV's resurrection in GoF and his mutilated soul looking like some aborted baby in the movies are probably the most shocking scenes of the seven books. In a way, I'm glad that JKR doesn't tip-toe around kids with scenes like these, thinking they can't handle them.

Burbidge is a very minor character, but Hermione thought she was lovely, and the thought of what must have been done to her over the course of several weeks is really quite horrible.

Dogs? If JKR and GRRM merge, Sirius totally would get it on with Sansa and she would be happy because sirius was hot as hell... :D

(House Black: "We hate you")

Cross shipping? As long as Sansa is willing to sport more cleavage than THE dress, Sirius would make her his new pinup girl. :devil:

LOL, were you waiting to see how long that took? I confess, I had to leave and didn't finish the thread.

In the scene, Joffrey mentions that there are four pages for Ser Duncan the Tall in the white book.

Four! Even Barristan and Arthur Dayne have only one.

The wizarding world has a pretty strange view of what constitutes consent to sex.

It's interesting that all of Dumbledore's and Harry's sympathy is for Merope and none at all for Tom Riddle Senior.

If we remember how Ron behaved after he also drank the potion, I suppose Merope could have also been, in a way, "assaulted" as she was probably naive and innocent about sex and such. But she was the one "drugging" Tom in first place.

And back to Ron, he and Romilda Vane were lucky Harry was around to stop Ron from going and try to force himself on her. At some point, Ron got a bit violent, he attacked Harry.

JKRowling COULD be a GRRM character herself.............Murdering WITCH!! :tantrum:

Yeah, she's worst than Tywin. She kills people because she wants us to learn lessons!!!!!

Cross shipping? As long as Sansa is willing to sport more cleavage than THE dress, Sirius would make her his new pinup girl. :devil:

Sansa Black... I like that. It would combine with her Darth Sansa attire :D

Yeah, she's worst than Tywin. She kills people because she wants us to learn lessons!!!!!

Sansa Black... I like that. It would combine with her Darth Sansa attire :D

One of the Sansa's should be good enough for him, I suppose? There seem to many versions of her, book and show. I'll have to keep my eye on her though, I'll be Having House Black's Back, LOL

You tell me. Harry even seem a bit surprised when Riddle escaped Merope. If it was me, I don't know how I would have reacted, but being brainwashed like that wouldn't sit well with me at all. Then again the love candies that Ron takes in book 6 are played for laughs despite doing the same thing, and people talk about love potions as if they are normal, everyday stuff, and not brainwashing elixirs of +100 to rape skill just asking to be abused in a thousand ways.

Anyway, the debate is not really comparable. HP has deaths, but mostly in the last 3 books, and it never goes into physical and psychological torture, sackings, gigantic battles where thousands die, lootings and pillagings, mass rapes, mass executions, slavery, and all that jazz. Harry Potter is no Disney fairy tale, but it simply does not compare.

I forget, how many rapes were there in the Harry Potter series?

Obviously you've got to read between the lines, it not being an adult book. Like at the Quiddich world cup, where the Death Eaters are attacking the muggle family and they turn the mother upside down in the air so her skirt turns and leaves her underwear exposed...

Harry Potter went as far as it could really go. Obviously the question is silly because George is writing an adult's book, and an exceptionally bloody and violent one, so that's never going to compare. Even just the threatened stuff, I felt a bit sick when Rorge is telling Arya he's going to rape her and stuff, she's what, nine?

Archived