Westeros Dynasty Football 2014

grozeng

Good question. I don't know.

if LaMichael James does not find another job does Blu-Ray get the $1 back?

What do we want to do here? Do we want to say if someone's career is over and is no longer in Yahoo (retires, suspended indefinitely, etc) they can be dropped with no penalty? If so, there is some danger in that if you drop Rice this year and for some reason he is in Yahoo next year you would have the penalty.

I could've sworn way back when (2004? 2005? I bet Bronn remembers)) something like this happened - re. extenuating circumstances. We put it to a vote and I'm pretty sure no penalty was assessed. So if you want to stay consistent, I (obviously) don't think I should be penalized.

But I'll follow whatever the majority on here decide on...

I would vote that if a player is cut/permanently suspended, that the team manager takes the cap hit for the year, and then no more after that.

My basis for that is that if you drafted a player who gets cut, or has a pending year long suspension, it's on your head. However, situations like the Rice one are not so easily foreseen.

I would vote that if a player is cut/permanently suspended, that the team manager takes the cap hit for the year, and then no more after that.

My basis for that is that if you drafted a player who gets cut, or has a pending year long suspension, it's on your head. However, situations like the Rice one are not so easily foreseen.

Well, there is no cap during the season, so there is no hit for the year. But I agree. I don't think you should take the hit either. I am OK saying that if no one else objects.

Maelys, I don't remember, Maybe it was the Favre retirement? I just don't remember. I think I had him when he retired and did not have a penalty (but then I also did not have him when he came back). But I don't think you should be penalized either.

Whiskey - if you are lurking in this thread ever what would you do in cases like this? We are still using your rules.

But let's say drop him (Rice) and no cap hit. A player suspended indefinitely or a retirement is no penalty if dropped. In regards to cut players, I don't think they are free from the penalty unless they are not in Yahoo anymore. So if Blu-Ray were to cut James, he would take the $1 penalty because James could sign with a new team later this year or next year. If he is not in Yahoo when it starts next year, then there would be no penalty. But if you drop him now because he was cut there is a penalty. Same with year-long suspensions or year long injuries. Can't drop them with no penalty.

Sound fair to everyone?

Whiskey - if you are lurking in this thread ever what would you do in cases like this? We are still using your rules.

In both this league and the other similar league I used to run, the rule was to allow drops without penalty in this type of situation. Applied in the Favre retirement, and when Chris Henry died, and when Aaron Hernandez went to jail. Definitely fits here.

I think Mahaka shouldn't take a cap hit for Rice b/c extenuating circumstances. I think I should take a cap hit on James, because he got cut for normal reasons. IDK how that works with Yahoo's infrastructure, though.

In both this league and the other similar league I used to run, the rule was to allow drops without penalty in this type of situation. Applied in the Favre retirement, and when Chris Henry died, and when Aaron Hernandez went to jail. Definitely fits here.

We will go with this.

No penalty. (And we would have already had 4 votes for no penalty if we put it to vote - Maelys, Jace, me, Blu-Ray)

We will go with this.

No penalty. (And we would have already had 4 votes for no penalty if we put it to vote - Maelys, Jace, me, Blu-Ray)

Awesome thanks

Bronn - I would've been disappointed if you didn't bitch about it =p

So...switching gears...

The dust has not settled, but I may have survived this week and eked out a victory. That said, holy shit do I hate being a Robert Griffin owner. Sweet jesus mcchicken. That's going to be an anvil around my neck for awhile yet, too.

Dynasty is a harsh mistress. And not the fun kind, either.

• 2 weeks later...

After a slow start, my team's finally hitting a higher gear: 168, 174 and 204 points respectively the past 3 weeks. Kap and Newton alone got me almost 70 points - this is more what I envisioned when I spent for those two.

Hate to pat myself on the back (not really, I love to) but I'm stoked on Demarco and Arian right now. Those two and Kap/Cam are going to be my rocks next year

After a slow start, my team's finally hitting a higher gear: 168, 174 and 204 points respectively the past 3 weeks. Kap and Newton alone got me almost 70 points - this is more what I envisioned when I spent for those two.

Hate to pat myself on the back (not really, I love to) but I'm stoked on Demarco and Arian right now. Those two and Kap/Cam are going to be my rocks next year

I can't believe I had the 3rd-highest point total of the week and still got blown the fuck out... Good for you, I'm not even mad. I'm impressed.

Until DeMarco blows out his knee from all the carries he is getting

I can't believe I had the 3rd-highest point total of the week and still got blown the fuck out... Good for you, I'm not even mad. I'm impressed.

Thanks dude =)

Until DeMarco blows out his knee from all the carries he is getting

Shut it groz

Archived