TTTNE 434 : Sorry ?

N/A

I missed no such thing. :) I am feeling pretty down today. I couldn't really tell you why. Nothing out of the ordinary has happened. How are you?

Have a :grouphug: I know this kind of day... and they seem to get on and on.

I'm doing great actually - listening to beautiful, inspiring music.

new gravatar!

cant remember where I found this one, maybe for the rock paper scissors lizard spock thread

I remember I found lots of paper ones...

Cool avatar, Gillio! :thumbsup: I like it.

the real deal, though when I say cups I mean espresso cups, brewed on a Moka Machine. Coffee from the Dripping Machine is not my cup o' Joe. :P

Edit:

Hello LF! Welcome back. Sorry to hear you're down.

Reading about that espresso makes me tired. Caffeine always has the opposite effect on me. I don't even own a coffee machine. =op

Hello, Helena! :kiss:

Thanks Guys, I like this one, too, but it not as much "me" as some of the others!

I'm having fun running them through, though. :laugh:

I've just had some camomile tea, so I may disappear at any time...

Thanks Guys, I like this one, too, but it not as much "me" as some of the others!

I'll be rolling out the next Flo later today I think. Unless I decide to wait until the next Thread.

Drift off into the land of Nod :)

I'll be rolling out the next Flo later today I think. Unless I decide to wait until the next Thread.

Drift off into the land of Nod :)

Huh? Nod reminds me of "Vampire: The Dark Ages" and "Vampire: the Masquerade".

Camomile tea? :eek: I like lots of sorts of tea. Even fennel tea. But camomile? Can't stand it.

Its been a while since we had a gravatar to suit the theme thread, they are fun if its for a change, but not all the time, all the time is too confusing!

L_T, camomile helps me sleep, if I wake in the night, I can go back to sleep much easier.

I dont know why, but Wednesday nights I've slept badly lately, and with Thursday being 12 hours, I need to be well rested!

Huh? Nod reminds me of "Vampire: The Dark Ages" and "Vampire: the Masquerade".

My mam always used to say when I was younger that if I had fallen asleep I had drifted off to the land of Nod :) :p That is where it comes from.

My King :kiss:

Nighty Gills!

Caffeine always has the opposite effect on me. I don't even own a coffee machine. =op

Caffeine doesn't actually wake me up at all unless it's massive quantities of it. I'm well capable of going to bed after a 2-Shot Frappucino.

My mam always used to say when I was younger that if I had fallen asleep I had drifted off to the land of Nod :) :P That is where it comes from.

There's a furniture store for children's bedding under that name in 'Murica. Most of the time Sometimes, just sometimes I'm jealous of their cushions. :leaving:

Its been a while since we had a gravatar to suit the theme thread, they are fun if its for a change, but not all the time, all the time is too confusing!

L_T, camomile helps me sleep, if I wake in the night, I can go back to sleep much easier.

I dont know why, but Wednesday nights I've slept badly lately, and with Thursday being 12 hours, I need to be well rested!

Grrr, Gravatar doesn't like me today. My old profile pic won't go away.

Never mind... :)

Bucky: Reading the books somewhat kinda puts me off the movies cause I'm always like 'wait.. this wasn't in the book'/'hang on, why on earth did they cut that out'/'NOOOOO THAT'S ALL WRONG DAMMIT' ._.

I am trying very hard to be open minded about GOT (GOT = TV; ASOIAF = book) these days. Still some of the things they do make you shake your head and say, "why? How is this better or more entertaining than what's in the book?"

True but they seem to be the overwhelming majority and they bore me for sounding so similar 'L, a detective in LA is living a regular life until his long-lost cousin turns up murdered on his doorstep. Due to his previous life drug-dealing he is caught in the middle and must prove himself innocent and find the real murderer' riiiiiight. Maybe I'm generalising but I see too many of these where I am

Yeah, there's not a lot new under the sun in detective dramas. I had my fill back in the 70's. But several members of the spamily got pretty worked up about True Detective. Have you seen that one?

And 50 shades of grey (I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT IT WAS ABOUT AT THE TIME I SWEAR) put me off romances even though I wouldn't really class it as romance. Forever.

I've heard just enough about this book to know not to pick it up. What yuo and KTI and others say about it confirms that.

I can read/write/speak English, speak Gujarati and Hindi (the first being my mother tongue since I'm an indian but was raised in England, the second picked up from watching indian dramas) and I can read arabic since as a muslim I was taught to from a young age but I don't understand a word of it, since I want to work in Dubai as part of my training contract (when I get one) I'll have to learn to understand it

Interesting.

We have spamily in both India (New Dehli) and Dubai. Haven't seen either around on this thread, but both are due to check in any day.

I summon you Arya kiddin'!!

Koba, you are overdue for a check in!!

Lunch time!

I wish I knew more languages, I know my own, English and have forgotten most French and Icelandic that I knew. I understand Norwegian which is very close to Swedish, and Danish, but not very well. I can read it but it's hard to understand the spoken Danish.

Nym, I assure you I don't look good all day I almost never wear make-up, I also don't think that I need to, and I find it's very uncomfortable to wear. I just like to feel clean. When I do wear it it's mostly for events like birthdays or weddings, and when I'm going out to eat. Indeed, it's important to be comfortable just as we are.

The after studies vacuum will soon be filled with stuff to do.

Well you are in the right place for hugs! Here have some more

All I have to say is *Firefox!*

Eira,

I was always told Swedish was most like Norwegian, but I had a much easier time understanding the Danes and even read a book in Danish. Swedes do have the lovliest lilt, though. And you really haven't heard either of those two (Norwegian or Swedish) till you've heard little kids speak in their high piping voices.

Hello spamily and spamigos!

I'm home already, and I'm typing this at my laptop while rewatching "A Man without Honor".

for taters!

Nym10k: Gujarati? What kind of language is that? I have a knack for linguistics and languages actually. How are you today?

"50 shades of grey" - oh gosh. I tried to read it. Wrong POV. I couldn't get past the first two chapters. I particularly didn't like it.

Eira: you are awesome, my friend! =o) It is known.

Cat: Heya! =o) Everything peachy at your place?

Bex: <hugs> Thank you, sis. I'm way better today.

<quote>So, I picked up my cooperative drop and am using local, grass-fed, hormone-free beef bones, leeks, carrots and some store-bought garlic and celery to make beef stock in my crock pot :) I threw in a couple of bay leaves and some hot chili paste. Its been so long since I've seen such beautiful beef...the color is so much richer than what you get at the grocery store. I also got a turkey breast to roast for sandwiches this weekend and some beautiful lettuces and heirloom tomatoes/peppers.<quote>

Yummy!

Cora!

Mylady Olenna: I'm sorry about your car. Hope you are okay?

Zar: hello, my twin. =o)

And of course, hello, Lany!

Hii KTI!

That you didn't like 50 Shades says all I need to know.

LITA,

It's always a good day when you show up with that song - I enjoy it every time.

Yeah, I guess so. And I don't deny its healing powers or helping you sleep. I'd actually second that. It's all way cheaper than medication. I often prepare a [_]p of camomile tea for my patients.

My mother used to make camomile tea for me when I was younger. And that quite often. That's why I can't stand it nowadays.

My mam always used to say when I was younger that if I had fallen asleep I had drifted off to the land of Nod :) :P That is where it comes from.

My King :kiss:

Ah, I see. Thank you for your clarification!

Nighty Gills!

Caffeine doesn't actually wake me up at all unless it's massive quantities of it. I'm well capable of going to bed after a 2-Shot Frappucino.

There's a furniture store for children's bedding under that name in 'Murica. Most of the time Sometimes, just sometimes I'm jealous of their cushions. :leaving:

Okay, thank you for convincing me that I'm not the only weirdo in terms of coffee over here. =o)

Good morning folks, and good night Gilli :)

Hello, KiD! =o)

Oh, Helena, I like that avvie.

KT1

here is an explanation. It must be an English thing! Its familiar as a saying to me, but I always thought it must be from a fairytale

Thank you! =o) Will check that out.

I am trying very hard to be open minded about GOT (GOT = TV; ASOIAF = book) these days. Still some of the things they do make you shake your head and say, "why? How is this better or more entertaining than what's in the book?"

KTI: I began listening to the audiobook of ASoS today when I went to work. Can't wait for that moment when

Tywin and Tyrion meet in the privy. I listened to Tyrion's fever dream with Tysha - and it made me sad. Very sad.

HC:

I've heard just enough about this book to know not to pick it up. What yuo and KTI and others say about it confirms that.

KTI: After all, I'm really into that kink. And I just don't like it.

HC:

Hii KTI!

That you didn't like 50 Shades says all I need to know.

KTI: see above. Hello, HC! =o)

KT1

here is an explanation. It must be an English thing! Its familiar as a saying to me, but I always thought it must be from a fairytale

She will come back one day I think. I liked her too! :)

Oh, so there is a proper explanation. It wasn't just the mothership's peculiarities :P Hehe

ETA: Honeyed Chicken, is Koba still in Thailand? And Arya Kiddin' was here the other day...:)

Hey LFITA, HC, Zar, Helena, L_T, and everyone else too :grouphug:

I think there is an old children's story about Nod? I seem to recall from the movie "Denise the Menace" when the old lady neighbor was reading to him....Winkin, Blinkin and Nod...but that is all I remember (weird stuff just pops into my head sometimes :P )

KT1

thanks, that is interesting

eta: and I found the story/poem I was thinking of

Okay, thank you for convincing me that I'm not the only weirdo in terms of coffee over here. =o)

I too can have lots of caffeine and fall asleep. It is one of the signs of ADD/ADHD ;)

you mean to tell me we had two kings in a row with the same birthday?

Amazing!

What are the odds?

supposedly pretty high, as our birthday is statistically supposed to be one of the most common birthdays in the world :( (feels unHipster)

Maybe it's the Birthday

It must be. =o)

Hey LFITA, HC, Zar, Helena, L_T, and everyone else too :grouphug:

I think there is an old children's story about Nod? I seem to recall from the movie "Denise the Menace" when the old lady neighbor was reading to him....Winkin, Blinkin and Nod...but that is all I remember (weird stuff just pops into my head sometimes :P )

thanks, that is interesting

I too can have lots of caffeine and fall asleep. It is one of the signs of ADD/ADHD ;)

Lany! :kiss: Well, I don't suffer from ADD or ADHD. I'm just an ordinary guy, I suppose. ;o)

you mean to tell me we had two kings in a row with the same birthday?

Amazing!

What are the odds?

That's indeed so.

supposedly pretty high, as our birthday is statistically supposed to be one of the most common birthdays in the world :( (feels unHipster)

Don't feel unhipsterish. You are a great person, and that's all what matters. I feel proud to share my birthday with you. =o)

Archived