TTTNE 434 : Sorry ?

N/A

My King :bowdown: :grouphug:

I know :P I spoiler-tagged in case anyone has not watched yet :dunno:

:grouphug:

Oh well. I haven't posted my ramblings on the entire season 4 yet - but that doesn't matter I guess. I could do it at the weekend. :idea:

Which will happen first, a new thread or a return by Koba?

The common birthday is amazing to me, even if the date is a statistically "common" one. Ftr, my dads birthday was 9/12.

Zar,

The Summer Isles are now well represented on my Boston Red Sox:

DR - Big Papi (David Ortiz - DH), Rubby De La Rosa (pitcher)

PR - Christian Vazquez, catching whiz

Cuba - Yoenis Cespedes (OF), and Rusney Castillo (brand new $multi million defector signee)

Aruba - Xander Bogaerts (SS)

Morning all!!

Glad the exam is over Nym!

Lady O, that is terrible. I was happy with Chevy and (knock on wood) Mazda seems fine, but I need to take it in to get the brakes checked.

Fall is starting to set in with cooler, bearable days here in GA :D

:grouphug Bro, I hope you feel better soon.

Tater :grouphug

Almost SS time again? : I'd better get busy working on holiday gifts.

So, I picked up my cooperative drop and am using local, grass-fed, hormone-free beef bones, leeks, carrots and some store-bought garlic and celery to make beef stock in my crock pot :) I threw in a couple of bay leaves and some hot chili paste. Its been so long since I've seen such beautiful beef...the color is so much richer than what you get at the grocery store. I also got a turkey breast to roast for sandwiches this weekend and some beautiful lettuces and heirloom tomatoes/peppers.

I can't wait to try my 'Dragon's breath' cheese D

This seriously inspires me to look up a coop here.

Morning all :kiss

Have to call Alex's DR today to get a copy of is shot records. There is a new immunization needed for 7th graders. I asked about this last spring and he has had the shot, but I guess the school doesn't have a record of it. He has to go to the Ortho tomorrow so I can pick it up then.

Good luck!

what is OUAT?

That sounds very nice!

Nights here don't really need to be more than 8 hours. You can send in your night actions early if you (or any partners) are not going to be available. Since nothing much in the game happens at night, more than 8 hours can be boring to sit through

Tdap = pertussis/diphtheria

Here it is now a state req for 7th graders. Pertussis cases have risen quite a bit over the past few years. Part of my little job is to get all of the students up to date on vaccinations or exclude them. Which makes parents tend to not like me :lol:

How are the braces? Has he gotten used to them?

Maybe it's the Birthday

It's just around the corner!

I know..

So, I bought some Organic Chickpeas and forgot about them... I can confirm they are certainly organic and full of arthropod protein :eek: as I had to discard them (I did totally forget about them for a while). I'm torn, I hate when that happens.

Don't feel unhipsterish. You are a great person, and that's all what matters. I feel proud to share my birthday with you. =o)

Thanks me too bro!! My humor tends to translate weirdly into computer sometimes. It was a humorous remark (you know, playing the hipster game about mainstream-ness) ;).

Zar,

The Summer Isles are now well represented on my Boston Red Sox:

DR - Big Papi (David Ortiz - DH), Rubby De La Rosa (pitcher)

PR - Christian Vazquez, catching whiz

Cuba - Yoenis Cespedes (OF), and Rusney Castillo (brand new $multi million defector signee)

Aruba - Xander Bogaerts (SS)

:duel: Volantene Blood runs in my veins! Mets (even when they mostly suck) and Yanks for the win! Speaking of Big Papi, he has a nice campaign ad against trolls, it's in Spanish, but it's still nice.

Morning all!!

This seriously inspires me to look up a coop here.

Tdap = pertussis/diphtheria

Here it is now a state req for 7th graders. Pertussis cases have risen quite a bit over the past few years. Part of my little job is to get all of the students up to date on vaccinations or exclude them. Which makes parents tend to not like me :lol:

How are the braces? Has he gotten used to them?

Same here. But he had already had it, so I didn't think about getting the paper for the school. No problems.

He still hates wearing the head gear. It will likely need to be tightened again again tomorrow (they just say to use a closer hole on the strap. he started on 4, was moved to 3 and will likely get moved to 2 tomorrow) He is not wearing it as much as he should. I am a bad mom for not making him do better. But it really is very uncomfortable.

Same here. But he had already had it, so I didn't think about getting the paper for the school. No problems.

He still hates wearing the head gear. It will likely need to be tightened again again tomorrow (they just say to use a closer hole on the strap. he started on 4, was moved to 3 and will likely get moved to 2 tomorrow) He is not wearing it as much as he should. I am a bad mom for not making him do better. But it really is very uncomfortable.

Just let Alex know that it could be worse. Much worse.

Eyron: Your languages are very interesting though!!! And yes, the most important thing is comfort.. honestly I wouldn't feel comfortable wearing layers of makeup like a lot of girls do round here. But if they like it good on them.

Woohoo!!! :grouphug: *grouphug:

I have a MacBook Pro and that's probably half the reason why nothing ever works *grumbles* my dad's an apple fanboy and half my class at uni (my class has almost 400 people in it) own a Mac. So yeah.. D: I'll give Firefox a go though :)

KTI: I'm not surprised you haven't heard of it, it's an indian language. The main language in India is hindi as you may know already but even though most states speak hindi (except maybe southern states where hindi is rarer) each state tends to have its own language which stems from hindi but is different.. like a dialect but much, much stronger. Since my mum, her family and my dad's family are all from Gujarat, the main language for us is Gujarati :P

Also - you mentioned one of the side effects of cetirizine is tiredness? My brother takes cetirizine for his asthma and he is ALWAYS tired, he has to take at least a 2-3 hour nap every single day even if he's done nothing all day, which we find a little weird (my parents work way more than he ever has and they never have to take naps longer than an hour on work days). He had a blood test done but nothing out of the ordinary except low vit D (it runs in the family). I guess tiredness being a side effect explains it.

HC: I totally agree. Can't think of examples where that has happened but it has

I might have vaguely heard of True Detective.. may check it out soon

Good, it makes the sex scenes in ASOIAF look almost... innocent. That's saying something..

Woo! I have family in India but they live in the west, and I've been to Dubai once but that's about it. All I remember is takeaways every night, the water park and Jumeirah beach. Although it was a great experience and I'd love to go again

--

Guys, I think I may be suffering from migraines, not sure. I keep getting headaches, often quite bad and it affects my concentration quite strongly. As I type I can feel vestiges of the migraine.. it's kinda an on-off thing, when they come they last a few days and disappear. Sometimes I just get mild ones but it was really bad earlier.. well I told my mum and she thinks its migraines and she's had them in the past so she would know. My friend has migraines and my headaches sound similar to hers.. although since yesterday I've been feeling nausea too, first I thought it was travel sickness but it still hasn't entirely gone and I'm not sure why I feel like this. What would you guys recommend I do? (besides painkillers, I hate taking pills and besides they never work on me)

Nym is a sad direwolf. :(

Heaven help me, I can't stop Tesseracting :D

Evening spamigos :)

Sorry Zar, but you're very unhipsterish anyway. Most hipsters I've met so far are insufferable arrogant not very nice jerk-offs people. Never saw you like this.

Lany, headgear is torture. My oldest daughter needed this for about half a year. But it's worth the effort. Although Alex probably don't want to hear this.

About coffee/getting sleepy: what I've heard is, people with a lower bloodpressure are getting sleepy from coffee, because low blood pressure keeps you from a healthy sleep. A slight increase (like from caffeine) gets you just in the right level to sleep. Can't always blame ADD :D

Anyone seen felice lately?

Sorry for the double post.

--

Guys, I think I may be suffering from migraines, not sure. I keep getting headaches, often quite bad and it affects my concentration quite strongly. As I type I can feel vestiges of the migraine.. it's kinda an on-off thing, when they come they last a few days and disappear. Sometimes I just get mild ones but it was really bad earlier.. well I told my mum and she thinks its migraines and she's had them in the past so she would know. My friend has migraines and my headaches sound similar to hers.. although since yesterday I've been feeling nausea too, first I thought it was travel sickness but it still hasn't entirely gone and I'm not sure why I feel like this. What would you guys recommend I do? (besides painkillers, I hate taking pills and besides they never work on me)

Our king and I can sing that sad song too.

You can of course try (in a try, fail, try something different way) several treatments. But I'd suggest you should talk to your doctor about it.

Our king always prefers dark chocolate and coffee :) Doesn't work for me, sadly... coffee sometimes makes it worst for me.

Eyron: Your languages are very interesting though!!! And yes, the most important thing is comfort.. honestly I wouldn't feel comfortable wearing layers of makeup like a lot of girls do round here. But if they like it good on them.

Woohoo!!! :grouphug: *grouphug:

I have a MacBook Pro and that's probably half the reason why nothing ever works *grumbles* my dad's an apple fanboy and half my class at uni (my class has almost 400 people in it) own a Mac. So yeah.. D: I'll give Firefox a go though :)

KTI: I'm not surprised you haven't heard of it, it's an indian language. The main language in India is hindi as you may know already but even though most states speak hindi (except maybe southern states where hindi is rarer) each state tends to have its own language which stems from hindi but is different.. like a dialect but much, much stronger. Since my mum, her family and my dad's family are all from Gujarat, the main language for us is Gujarati :P

Also - you mentioned one of the side effects of cetirizine is tiredness? My brother takes cetirizine for his asthma and he is ALWAYS tired, he has to take at least a 2-3 hour nap every single day even if he's done nothing all day, which we find a little weird (my parents work way more than he ever has and they never have to take naps longer than an hour on work days). He had a blood test done but nothing out of the ordinary except low vit D (it runs in the family). I guess tiredness being a side effect explains it.

HC: I totally agree. Can't think of examples where that has happened but it has

I might have vaguely heard of True Detective.. may check it out soon

Good, it makes the sex scenes in ASOIAF look almost... innocent. That's saying something..

Woo! I have family in India but they live in the west, and I've been to Dubai once but that's about it. All I remember is takeaways every night, the water park and Jumeirah beach. Although it was a great experience and I'd love to go again

--

Okay. I'll answer right after your post.

Cetirizine has the following side effects (according to my book of medications):

1-10%: sleepiness, sedation

< 1%: head aches, dizziness, insomnia, aggression, agitation, a dry mouth

< 0.01%: allergic reactions, dysfunction of the liver

Ad languages: I know a bit of sanskrit actually. Because I'm into languages (besides medicine and law).

Is it possible to learn Gujarati? If so, could *you* teach me?

Ad migraine: get rest. Sleep. In a dark room. If nothing works, you might check with a neurologist.

You can of course try (in a try, fail, try something different way) several treatments. But I'd suggest you should talk to your doctor about it.

Our king always prefers dark chocolate and coffee :) Doesn't work for me, sadly... coffee sometimes makes it worst for me.

^ Indeed. Adara is right. I can fight off migraine with coffee and dark chocolate.

Hello, Quoth!

Sorry for the double post.

Normally caffeine makes me really alert.. and shaky too, but the other day I felt extremely sleepy after a can of red bull and I couldn't understand why, maybe I was in the right level to sleep? I certainly felt like I'd get a good sleep if I actually slept.

I guess I'll talk to my doctor first and see if there's anything I can do, hopefully there's a pill-free treatment, my doctor has the tendency to prescribe useless pills that don't really help much. Not a fan of dark chocolate and not sure about coffee, I get headaches sometimes but it might help.

Man.. I really need a hug :crying: feeling unwell really gets me down...

However, I forgot to post my good thing of the day: I got most of the Robin Hood books Helena recommended me (the two main trilogies and Fool's Assassin) and I cannot wait to read them :D but when my headache goes away

KTI: my brother is mainly sleepy but he gets headaches often too. Part of the reason may be because he's really underweight and lazy too, and very VERY picky about his food so his diet isn't particularly up to scratch. Very difficult to change his habits though :/

Interesting :D what kind of law you into? ( almost final year law student here :P )

I'll give it a go :)

Just let Alex know that it could be worse. Much worse.

:lol: I will show him this. Also I remember a Simpsons with Lisa getting some horrible headgear...I should find that

There are certain things that can trigger migraines. You might want to track your food intake and see if there is something you eat each day that the migraines occur. (also check for environmental triggers)

Lany, headgear is torture. My oldest daughter needed this for about half a year. But it's worth the effort. Although Alex probably don't want to hear this.

This is what I tell him. I also remind him that if the teeth can be moved this way, it will prevent them from being pulled to make room.

It's not really a job, it was my first time, but if I asked I'll definitely do it again in the future. :)

I'm good, if somewhat emotionally devastated (that happens every time Telltale releases a new episode of The Walking Dead game). I'm not too thrilled about school starting again, but eh, what can you do...

How are you?

That sucks. I hope you get over it. :) What year of school are you going to be in now?

As for me, I'm doing very good. Being on this boarding school has really improved my life and my happiness. People are noticing me and I have a bigger group of friends.

I believe I haven't said hello to you yet Nymeria. Welcome to the TTTNE! :D

Are we racing soon?

That sucks. I hope you get over it. :) What year of school are you going to be in now?

As for me, I'm doing very good. Being on this boarding school has really improved my life and my happiness. People are noticing me and I have a bigger group of friends.

Are we racing soon?

Not for 100 posts you naughty boy! :spank:

Are we racing soon?

Hey NEROOOOOOO :COMMIE: :LOVE: :GROUPHUG:

HOW'S IT GOING? :D

There are certain things that can trigger migraines. You might want to track your food intake and see if there is something you eat each day that the migraines occur. (also check for environmental triggers)

This is what I tell him. I also remind him that if the teeth can be moved this way, it will prevent them from being pulled to make room.

Nym, this is a good advice, too. Something like red wine for instance.

Normally caffeine makes me really alert.. and shaky too, but the other day I felt extremely sleepy after a can of red bull and I couldn't understand why, maybe I was in the right level to sleep? I certainly felt like I'd get a good sleep if I actually slept.

I guess I'll talk to my doctor first and see if there's anything I can do, hopefully there's a pill-free treatment, my doctor has the tendency to prescribe useless pills that don't really help much. Not a fan of dark chocolate and not sure about coffee, I get headaches sometimes but it might help.

As said, it doesn't work for me. But sleep in a dark room mostly helps a bit. I have to take some Triptane sometimes. Regular painkillers like Aspirine and Paracetamol usually don't work, they could make it worst.

Red bull is not recommendable, in so many ways :D

Archived