TTTNE 434 : Sorry ?

N/A

How much is first class mail postage these days in the US?

I actually had to mail international. For a box that weighed approx 1 LB it was like $17. That's not terrible except that it doesn't include any tracking. So to mail the package with tracking (which requires priority) it was like $55 :shocked: I opted for the $17.

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed it makes it to it's location in one piece.

That happened to me last year for the Secret Santa. Pretty unbelievable really

Glad the exam went well and hope you feel better soon :grouphug:

for a letter within the US it is .49 but even to Canada now, they charge the same as to Europe for a letter $1.10

I think I PM'd you about the crazy shipping costs! I was so taken by surprise that it cost me nearly $20 to mail TmoW her gift (which is nearly the price of international shipping!).

Granted, it was totally worth it - I just hadn't realized that prices had increased so much. Makes me wonder is ups or HDL are cheaper than usps?

well, they've increased the prices it a bit since it used to be my old stomping grounds.

Which reminds me, MY FAVORITE GAME IN THIS BOARD is coming sooner and sooner!

I'm actually budgeting for this :lol: I have to save about $8 per month starting next month. And that's assuming I can use amazon prime shipping :D

I loved last year's SS. Expecto got me all the Funkos I wanted :wub:

Took me a while to find the link (and I had to put dinner in the oven) but this is last year's thread, and it should have links to previous years

Secret Santa: http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/97537-secret-santa-viii-gifts-are-arriving/ (can't make it a link for some reason)

I so wish to read more of Althea and Brash.

Haven, you say, eh? Does this by any chance bear connection to a few characters whose surname is Haven? :ninja:

They said at the Hobb interview that the trilogies are somewhat intricately connected together, so I plan to read them all in order.

Also want to find out what came out of Nettle. For some reason, I have decided to like her since the moment she appears. Just because. :smug:

There is also the Soldier Son trilogy, have you read those? I read the first two books.

Neil Gaiman: American Gods.

And yes, the Recommendations threads in Literature are quite useful.

I read all kinds of things, also those that are not fantasy. And a large percentage not available in English, I believe.

We (Sunny, AMMR, Mountain Goat, Samantha of Tarth, Luzifer's Right Hand, William, Alytha, me) played RL mafia in London, it was a lot of fun. Pebble narrated it and was really good at that. :D

Oh! No, Haven is not to do with a certain other Haven you know. It is the word Haven (a place of safety or refuge) rather than the name....

Yes, the series are intricately linked. For example, you have seen a character from the Farseer Trilogy in Liveships already, and in the Tawny Man Trilogy you see characters from Liveships. Also, after each series there are changes to the World at large, and these are often reflected in the following books.

Nettle, eh? :smug: :smug: I say no more.

What do you think of Serilla btw? Have you met her yet?

No, I haven't read the Soldier Son trilogy yet. I've heard mixed reviews. I know there is the Forest Mage Trilogy too. Both are in the to read pile

I don't understand how Mafia works :leaving:

ETA:

Took me a while to find the link (and I had to put dinner in the oven) but this is last year's thread, and it should have links to previous years

Secret Santa: http://asoiaf.wester...s-are-arriving/ (can't make it a link for some reason)

This sounds really good! :) I will keep my eyes peeled

Hello Helena! How are you doing?

(oops, I messed up my quotes again.....)

We (Sunny, AMMR, Mountain Goat, Samantha of Tarth, Luzifer's Right Hand, William, Alytha, me) played RL mafia in London, it was a lot of fun. Pebble narrated it and was really good at that. :D

I hope you had a great time meeting everyone at the con, Buck. It sure looks and sounds like it was great fun. Did you get to meet GRRM?

Lany/Zar/KiD: what's mafia like on here? It differs from place to place really and I haven't played in a really long time lol

Helena: snotty literature buffs? xD I'll be sure to stalk them ;)

I heard GoT gets worse as the seasons progress t-t I bet I'd think the TV series was amazing if I hadn't read the books... but if there's books and then movie/tv adaptations.. I ALWAYS read the books first, it's a habit of mine. And tv/movie series are never as good partly cause of a combination of asshole directors and limited time to squish everything in

Bucky: thank you! Fantasy has always been my favourite genre, and I'm not so keen on crime novels/soppy romances because tbh... they just don't have the same excitement as fantasy where you can lose yourself in literally another world xD

I can speak other languages but can only read english t-t but I'm thinking of learning a new language soon and reading in the language would probably help

RL mafia? That sounds interesting :P

--

I'm out, I still feel rather shit and sleepy for the most part even though I had a nap earlier.. good night all!

Oh! No, Haven is not to do with a certain other Haven you know. It is the word Haven (a place of safety or refuge) rather than the name....

Yes, the series are intricately linked. For example, you have seen a character from the Farseer Trilogy in Liveships already, and in the Tawny Man Trilogy you see characters from Liveships. Also, after each series there are changes to the World at large, and these are often reflected in the following books.

Nettle, eh? I say no more.

What do you think of Serilla btw? Have you met her yet?

No, I haven't read the Soldier Son trilogy yet. I've heard mixed reviews. I know there is the Forest Mage Trilogy too. Both are in the to read pile

I don't understand how Mafia works

I thought so, about the word Haven. But a girl can hope. ;) Malta is finally getting a

little more sensible.

I really really want to know now who is it that appears in Liveships from Farseer! :tantrum: I do not think I have met them yet. The last new person I met was the cook from that ship Kennit captured ... I do not think he is the one? :blink:

Nettle, yes. Want Nettle. Crannog said I would like her, but what does he know? :P I decide for myself which character I like. And of course I am sure I will like Nettle. ;) Also

I cried buckets in the end of Assassin's Quest, when Molly ends up with Burrich. It is simply wrong. So I want Nettle to meet up with Fitzy and get to know her real father!

Serilla has appeared in two chapters till now, I have no special impressions of her ... she seems quite sensible. I need to read more about her.

I did not understand how it works until then either, the forum version is really complicated. But it was easier IRL. :) And a lot of fun.

Qat

I hope you had a great time meeting everyone at the con, Buck. It sure looks and sounds like it was great fun. Did you get to meet GRRM?

I did have a great time. :) And I did get to meet GRRM.

There are reports in the BWB forum, if you are interested.

I heard GoT gets worse as the seasons progress t-t I bet I'd think the TV series was amazing if I hadn't read the books... but if there's books and then movie/tv adaptations.. I ALWAYS read the books first, it's a habit of mine. And tv/movie series are never as good partly cause of a combination of asshole directors and limited time to squish everything in

Bucky: thank you! Fantasy has always been my favourite genre, and I'm not so keen on crime novels/soppy romances because tbh... they just don't have the same excitement as fantasy where you can lose yourself in literally another world xD

I can speak other languages but can only read english t-t but I'm thinking of learning a new language soon and reading in the language would probably help

Actually I think the 2nd season is the worst in GOT. The first is the best. It follows the books the closest. Of course books are ALWAYS better. :D

Well, there is more than crime novels/soppy romances out there! ;) I understand what you are saying though.

Which languages can you speak/understand/write/read?

I thought so, about the word Haven. But a girl can hope. ;) Malta is finally getting a

little more sensible.

I really really want to know now who is it that appears in Liveships from Farseer! :tantrum: I do not think I have met them yet. The last new person I met was the cook from that ship Kennit captured ... I do not think he is the one? :blink:

Nettle, yes. Want Nettle. Crannog said I would like her, but what does he know? :P I decide for myself which character I like. And of course I am sure I will like Nettle. ;) Also

I cried buckets in the end of Assassin's Quest, when Molly ends up with Burrich. It is simply wrong. So I want Nettle to meet up with Fitzy and get to know her real father!

Serilla has appeared in two chapters till now, I have no special impressions of her ... she seems quite sensible. I need to read more about her.

I did not understand how it works until then either, the forum version is really complicated. But it was easier IRL. :) And a lot of fun.

Oh good, you are beginning to like Malta now! The ending of this book is really good, if I am remembering where it ends correctly. But as I said before, I have the trilogy as one set on my Kobo so where one ends and the next starts blurs for me. But it is definitely very...tense.

You have met the character, they appear in the first book. And the second. And the third. I'll give you a hint, under the spoiler tags in case you don't want to read it:

Althea is the first to meet them, I believe. But they interact with a number of POV characters.

Nettle is very interesting, it is true ;)

Yes, I was very sad about Burrich and Molly. It was basically Burrich and Patience story all over again, only this time Burrich got the girl, and Chivalry (well, his son this time) did not.

Serillia is a fascinating character imo. She...well. You will see. She is a very complex character. More spoilers!

Her interactions with Ronica are some of my favourites

The Satrap is a swine, this is known.

I'm gladd you enjoyed mafia :)

Oh good, you are beginning to like Malta now! The ending of this book is really good, if I am remembering where it ends correctly. But as I said before, I have the trilogy as one set on my Kobo so where one ends and the next starts blurs for me. But it is definitely very...tense.

You have met the character, they appear in the first book. And the second. And the third. I'll give you a hint, under the spoiler tags in case you don't want to read it:

Althea is the first to meet them, I believe. But they interact with a number of POV characters.

Nettle is very interesting, it is true ;)

Yes, I was very sad about Burrich and Molly. It was basically Burrich and Patience story all over again, only this time Burrich got the girl, and Chivalry (well, his son this time) did not.

Serillia is a fascinating character imo. She...well. You will see. She is a very complex character. More spoilers!

Her interactions with Ronica are some of my favourites

The Satrap is a swine, this is known.

Now I am even more confused, I want to figure out that character. :dunce:

I think the problem is that Burrich has been acting more like both Fitzy's and Molly's father all along. He is a generation older than they. He should be more like Nettle's grandfather, not father. After being so supportive and fatherly towards Molly, her ending up in bed with him seemed simply wrong. (I did not remember the backstory with Patience until you mentioned it now.) And Fitzy learning about it, still alive while they thought him dead ... not cool at all. Molly, Nettle, they both should be with Fitzy. :crying:

Well, then I am definitely interested in more Serilla. :) And the satrap is a swine, that is known since the beginning.

Well for the Dr. Who fans, Kingmaker is starting a Dr. Who themed Mafia game... you may sign up if you're interested.

and for the curious, I've booked 2 Weeks in Halloween to run my very very special Halloween Mafia Game. Which will involve a Horror Topic still in the pondering.

Can I get a hug please ? :frown5:

Absolutely :grouphug:

Secret Santa: http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/97537-secret-santa-viii-gifts-are-arriving/ (can't make it a link for some reason)

I thought it was a new sign up thread until I clicked on it. I got all excited :lol:

Can I get a hug please ? :frown5:

:grouphug:

Lany/Zar/KiD: what's mafia like on here? It differs from place to place really and I haven't played in a really long time lol

It's a small community of players that pretty much know each other at this point?

32 Hour Days and 8 Hour Nights is standard; and another thing that varies is Factionality; kills are collectively done by the mafia as opposed to most places where the kill is performed by a single member of the mafia faction; that weakens the roleblocker, but empowers tracking roles a lot.

We used to play behind alt accounts granted by Ran; but we've lost them since the last two password shenanigans.

Qat

I did have a great time. :) And I did get to meet GRRM.

There are reports in the BWB forum, if you are interested.

Right you are! And those recaps are such fun to read. I can hardly wait to go to a WorldCon. I really look forward to meeting more of you all. :)

MP :grouphug: and I will throw in a banana for good measure :)

Today has been the day of sticker shock. Looks like whatever is wrong with the car isn't covered by our extended warranty. *sigh*

$275 is what he quoted me and I said sorry, we just don't have that right now. He brought it down to $250 then to $240. So tomorrow I will be contacting a law office. This is just nuts. And never EVER buying a GM vehicle again.

On the upside - I received disc 1 season 3 of OUAT :commie:

Archived