TTTNE 434 : Sorry ?

N/A

Helena, agreed.

Potato, in suit, okay? In suit. :tantrum: :o

Buck, oh god I hate that stuff about studying. All the stupid sources and research, ugh, I just hate that. But I'm glad someone's happy with it :D

Cora, so you're saying this guy climbed through your window uninvited and snuggled up with you on your couch? O_o or I missed something? Because if I didn't miss anything this is extremly creepy

still creepy ! and kinda gross :P

i'm teasing you my moon :grouphug:

i agree with Rhae about the research stuff , i was not made for it , although we (rhae and i) did spend a late night having a lot of fun making jokes about it :D

umm, yeah . my point exactly .

@Potato

I yelled at him, and expanded my profanity count but besides that he seemed sorry and "SUPPOSEDLY"

he wanted to cheer me up, since I've been alone and busy (besides my vacation) they're weird.

But like I said that was the revised version. Do you think I should report him? Really? I mean I guess, I'm not sure what to think besides being spooked.

I have a taser and a pellet gun.

okay, look it's up to you , do you really want this guy ? i mean if i wanted to cheer a female friend up i'd bring her a bouquet of flowers and maybe take her out somewhere fun or keep her company and watch some movies and talk a hug is nice i'd say if it is welcomed (while she's awake ! not while she's sleeping ! ) it's up to you really , i wouldn't say that's a "friend" .

good to hear .

nope, sorry being gay is not an excuse to break into your home like this . never . this was wrong whichever way you look at it , you should be more careful with these people . seriously how do you just decide , oh my friends is feeling bad , me sleeping next to her when she has no idea i'm there would make her feel better . nope doesn't make Sansa to me :dunno:

Buck, oh god I hate that stuff about studying. All the stupid sources and research, ugh, I just hate that. But I'm glad someone's happy with it :D

Well us dreamy scientists from the philoligies will need some down-to-earth economists and lawyers and stuff to do our accounts and all because we sure cannot anyway. :P So it evens out I guess. :D

But like I said that was the revised version. Do you think I should report him? Really?

Yes. This is creepy as shit and also a crime (breaking in, sexual assault?). I do not think you should call this person a friend at all.

Idk potato, I wasn't the bright ass that thought this was funny or cool.

When he isn't being creepy, we have done cool stuff together as friends, just besides talking our work schedules clash so we don't hang out much...

Maybe because I've been through worst, is why this doesn't bother me more than what it did last night.

ETA

I'm kind of irritated now so I'm going to try and exercise or something.

Hope you guys have a nice day, thanks for the concern, I guess.

Well us dreamy scientists from the philoligies will need some down-to-earth economists and lawyers and stuff to do our accounts and all because we sure cannot anyway. :P So it evens out I guess. :D

Yes. This is creepy as shit and also a crime (breaking in, sexual assault?). I do not think you should call this person a friend at all.

to be honest i'd be really bummed down if after all the years of studying and hard work they'd just stick me in a lab to research , some dead end ,it's just not for me .

yay buck and i finally agree on something ! :commie: although technically in most countries that's not quite yet sexual assault although it is as close as it gets .

Cora,

Cora , Sweaty , not to be condescending or mean or anything but you are massively underestimating this ! this is bordering on assault ! it's certainly breaking and entry . this is not something you blow off . you could've been in real danger ! i'm sorry but not all "friends" are friends . what if he was drunk and decided to do other things than sleep ? i might be making it big now and making up a big scenario but come on ! the guy broke into your home . if it was me that guy would've been shot .

i really think you should do something , call the police or i dunno . at least get a taser or something !

okay, look it's up to you , do you really want this guy ? i mean if i wanted to cheer a female friend up i'd bring her a bouquet of flowers and maybe take her out somewhere fun or keep her company and watch some movies and talk a hug is nice i'd say if it is welcomed (while she's awake ! not while she's sleeping ! ) it's up to you really , i wouldn't say that's a "friend" .

good to hear .

nope, sorry being gay is not an excuse to break into your home like this . never . this was wrong whichever way you look at it , you should be more careful with these people . seriously how do you just decide , oh my friends is feeling bad , me sleeping next to her when she has no idea i'm there would make her feel better . nope doesn't make Sansa to me :dunno:

THIS; SO MUCH!!!

Don't give a fuck what your friend 'really wanted', his behaviour is inexusable.

And: Sean Connery >>> Daniel Craig >>> I do remember vaguely about other actors, but none of them was a James Bond.

When he isn't being creepy, we have done cool stuff together as friends, just besides talking our work schedules clash so we don't hang out much...

Maybe because I've been through worst, is why this doesn't bother me more than what it did last night.

well no , you were the sane ass because this is NOT funny and NOT cool .

about hime being a good friend or not , that's for you to decide , you have your own standards for that . mine are different .

well that's very wrong and very horrible , you do know that that's how abused victims feel like , it's bordering on Stockholm syndrome where you start thinking that it might be your fault when it absolutely is not (sorry if i'm being blunt) just because bad things happened in the past that doesn't mean they should be allowed to repeat in any form , wrong is wrong no matter what you've been through .

to be honest i'd be really bummed down if after all the years of studying and hard work they'd just stick me in a lab to research , some dead end ,it's just not for me .

yay buck and i finally agree on something ! :commie: although technically in most countries that's not quite yet sexual assault although it is as close as it gets .

Well for me it is different - I feel that if you are researching, you find out something new every day. A new thing to surprise you, that is not a dead end for me. A dead end would be doing the same thing every day, day after day. :P But as I said, we need all kinds of people and so it is good that we have different interests. Not everybody can be a doctor or an economist or a linguist, because then we would run out of coffee-shop owners and kindergarten-employees and builders!

Well sorry I have not read the laws of all countries. But yay for agreeing. :lol:

Well for me it is different - I feel that if you are researching, you find out something new every day. A new thing to surprise you, that is not a dead end for me. A dead end would be doing the same thing every day, day after day. :P But as I said, we need all kinds of people and so it is good that we have different interests. Not everybody can be a doctor or an economist or a linguist, because then we would run out of coffee-shop owners and kindergarten-employees and builders!

Well sorry I have not read the laws of all countries. But yay for agreeing. :lol:

i understand what you mean and i respect that attitude greatly but see it's rather different for us in medicine , we research illnesses and new ways to preform surgeries but the latter is rare and is usually for individual cases when the normal method is inapplicable . so mostly it's researching diseases , which means it's also related to pharmaceutical companies and in our field there's a ton of bureaucracy running around similar to what you see bexy and L_T complaining about . it's very frustrating . i probably will have to teach at some point in my career tho , most doctors do , it's how we make new doctors .

i didn't either but some of my friends are law students and we like to discuss this stuff as a game sometimes but indeed agreeing is cool :commie:

*tummy grumbles* I smell BBQ!!!!! :D *tucks napkin into collar*

Hi Nym. Don't think we've met. Welcome to the insane, merry band that is tttne. Belated :grouphug: Don't worry about the depression. It'll get better. especially if you let the healing powers of this thread work their charms. And don't worry about having to feel "up" 'round here. We got plenty of "up" to keep ya covered until you're back in the swing of things. And when you are "back" just pass along the good vibes to dem's dat needs 'em. ;)

Sorry, I ate it all! ;)

Nah we haven't, nice to meetcha :D how are ya? and yep I noticed everyone is super friendly and merry and stuff here and I like it :3

I'm trying to :) I think once tomorrow's exam is over I'll be a bit better. Except worrying about passing, since I can't fail or I'm screwed pretty much.

well if someone is dishing out free chocolate that would be great!

DAMN ! I can relate to you on so many levels that it's actually kinda scary .

I can't say I have a definite answer because I'm still an asshole (just ask the guys here , they'd tell you of a couple of tantrums I've thrown)

You're on the right track with being positive but what I found to be the most important thing is to not shut people out and accept help wherever you can find it , I didn't do that and I could ever hardly do it because I'm a prideful asshole who thinks people are mocking him with pity when he's down . I always hated being vulnerable or showing weakness or emotion . It's a really dumb way to go around living with . I had to learn that the hard way and still haven't learned but a fraction of it . I'd say I would've been gone or done some very stupid things if it weren't for a few people who believed in me and never gave up or left me , some of those people were right here on this forum and this thread . It's a good place , just take small steps and one day you'll cross and you'll have people around you when you get there because there's no way you'll make it on your own , no one does.

:grouphug:

Everyone has their moods, I had one the other day in relation to the asshole over at the football thread, funnily enough it was just temporary and afterwards it was even almost funny in a weird kind of way :P You know that's my biggest problem, if I'm sharing or opening up I feel like I'm being an attention seeker or something, I can be open in some ways but I find it really hard to accept help from people mainly cause I have a history of wanting help and always being ignored or having crap thrown at me.. I mean I don't have friends irl (and just 2 online) and my parents never understand me and always compare my 'small' problems to their huge ones so I have no choice but to shut up.

Last time I fell into this depression was a good 4 years ago, but at that time I had to make it out all by myself as nobody wanted to help me, it was thoughts of my future career that kept me going, I was doing badly in college but within the year I got excellent grades and finished college with great grades. I'm doing badly in university again but I got 1 year to change everything for the better, I know exactly how but I just need to get the motivation and support to do it because it's a hell of a lot harder this time... I'm slowly starting to find people to support me and maybe I can find people who won't let me down when I need them.

Ah, it's true you may have to teach at some point :P not sure if that's the case with all or even most doctors but my aunt is a doctor and she currently teaches 4th year medicine students part time at my uni

--

Hey y'all!

Nobody in the CHAT today? :dunno:

i understand what you mean and i respect that attitude greatly but see it's rather different for us in medicine , we research illnesses and new ways to preform surgeries but the latter is rare and is usually for individual cases when the normal method is inapplicable . so mostly it's researching diseases , which means it's also related to pharmaceutical companies and in our field there's a ton of bureaucracy running around similar to what you see bexy and L_T complaining about . it's very frustrating . i probably will have to teach at some point in my career tho , most doctors do , it's how we make new doctors .

I hate bureaucracy too. Lookit, another thing we agree on! :P

I do not mind giving lessons that much ... if you work as a researcher at a uni, this is included basically. I guess that is better than teaching primary school/high school, since at uni, there are actually people in the room that are interested in the field and are kind of adults, so you do not have to deal with disciplining them.

Everyone has their moods, I had one the other day in relation to the asshole over at the football thread, funnily enough it was just temporary and afterwards it was even almost funny in a weird kind of way :P You know that's my biggest problem, if I'm sharing or opening up I feel like I'm being an attention seeker or something, I can be open in some ways but I find it really hard to accept help from people mainly cause I have a history of wanting help and always being ignored or having crap thrown at me.. I mean I don't have friends irl (and just 2 online) and my parents never understand me and always compare my 'small' problems to their huge ones so I have no choice but to shut up.

Last time I fell into this depression was a good 4 years ago, but at that time I had to make it out all by myself as nobody wanted to help me, it was thoughts of my future career that kept me going, I was doing badly in college but within the year I got excellent grades and finished college with great grades. I'm doing badly in university again but I got 1 year to change everything for the better, I know exactly how but I just need to get the motivation and support to do it because it's a hell of a lot harder this time... I'm slowly starting to find people to support me and maybe I can find people who won't let me down when I need them.

You are not an attention seeker at all. We all like to read everything that is written here, or if we do not, then we just do not read it. Do not feel guilty for writing things you feel here. :)

Bucky: It'll take me time to shrug of the am-I-attention-seeking feeling but I'm sure it'll disappear soon. :)

I was in the chat earlier but studying is a real bad priority now :crying: in just over 12 hours I'll be writing that exam.. dayyyuumm.

And after that I can really let go :laugh: except with mah food, I binge eat when I'm studying 'cause it stresses me out and stress = bingeing. :bawl:Gonna have to hit the gym from wednesday :bawl:

Good evening spamily!

Back at home and happy that I only have work tomorrow afternoon so I can relax and not worry about getting up early :D

DAMN ! I can relate to you on so many levels that it's actually kinda scary .

I can't say I have a definite answer because I'm still an asshole (just ask the guys here , they'd tell you of a couple of tantrums I've thrown)
You're on the right track with being positive but what I found to be the most important thing is to not shut people out and accept help wherever you can find it , I didn't do that and I could ever hardly do it because I'm a prideful asshole who thinks people are mocking him with pity when he's down . I always hated being vulnerable or showing weakness or emotion . It's a really dumb way to go around living with . I had to learn that the hard way and still haven't learned but a fraction of it . I'd say I would've been gone or done some very stupid things if it weren't for a few people who believed in me and never gave up or left me , some of those people were right here on this forum and this thread . It's a good place , just take small steps and one day you'll cross and you'll have people around you when you get there because there's no way you'll make it on your own , no one does.

:grouphug:

This was beautifully said, potato, and good advice :grouphug:

Small steps, until suddenly there is something where there was emptiness before.

Cora, they guys are right, your friend was way out of line! Seriously strange behaviour imo. I would have been terrified if that happened to me.

Cora...at bare minimum, you need to talk to him about something called 'boundaries'.

I also want you to a hardware store or Lowe's or Home Depot and get some inexpensive hardware called 'track locks' to put on your windows and security bars for your doors. Because if your friend can get in, then so can someone who actually means harm. Be safe!

http://www.grainger.com/product/BATTALION-Track-Lock-1XMR3?s_pp=false&picUrl=//static.grainger.com/rp/s/is/image/Grainger/1XMR3_AS01?$smthumb$

http://www.gokeyless.com/product/2249/master-lock-265-security-bar

ETA

I'm kind of irritated now so I'm going to try and exercise or something.

Hope you guys have a nice day, thanks for the concern, I guess.

How was the exercising? I wish my natural instincts were to go out and exercise when I'm stressed - I seem to end up digging in my fridge and over indulging :blushing:

I dunno what to tell you about the situation you were in other than to say I hope it's better now and give you lots of :grouphug: and support :)

Did you happen to feel that earthquake in napa? We had teeny one here yesterday.

Also, I've had far too much birthday cake today. But it's really good :uhoh:

*looks at treadmill.... *

Archived