Legend of Korra continued - season finale SPOILERS

felice

I wonder what culture will be the next enemy..

Hopefully some serious earthbender stuff or firebender.

Or, perhaps benders with ability to bend multiple elements due to spiritual convergence stuff, similar to Zaheer suddenly gaining skills.

Maybe some underground revolution movement in Ba SIng Se, with airbenders bending gas to take out enemies, firebenders changing the room temperature(sounds so weak this way :'D) to slowly kill guys, earthbenders bending the iron in human blood (Magneto style)

Perhaps more spiritual abilities, like foresight and time slowing down stuff, forcing hallucinations on people, making it seem like you cloned yourself

I love all these ideas, but...

Season 1: Water

Season 2: Water and spirit thingy

Season 3: Airbender

Season 4: Rumour is that it's Kuvira, a firebender would be a waste of a season considering we had 3 seasons worth of firebending villains in the previous show

Holy Shit. I loved Azula in the Beach.

She sure does have the same emotions as the others, but deals with them differently, accepts them, but keeps them to herself.

I think of all the teen characters, and some of the adults, she is the least naive one.

Zuko is extremely naive at times and has the same "tendency to insanity". Though I don't consider any of them insane. Just because Azula was overwhelmed with the situation and lost against her brother and screamed and cried because of it, doesn't really make her insane.

And why did she seem like the older one?

The ages can add up, if we go with spiritual explanations. But I never got it where the ages of the characters came from? In the show they weren't ever mentioned. Just Aang's age.

Usually it's the elder sibling who has the assure the younger one, but it was Azula who was constantly telling Zuko everything would be okay (it was to manipulate him off course, but still). She also seemed way more self-assured most of the time. and those episodes where she gets the Dai Li under her control, holy shit.

I don't consider Azula insane for what I previously said, I phrased that incorrectly, but some things she did are absolute batshit crazy.

Exhibit A http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcr2gleXfg1qb9nju.png

She was the one who gave her daddy the plan to burn all of the Earth Kingdom to cinders

She was willing to kill 2 of her best friends simply because they disagreed with her

Calling Iroh weak and a failure for giving up the siege...after he just lost his son

According to the Avatar wiki, Roku already had lavabending. Is that right? I don't really recal him bending lava like Ghazan?

He did, but I know why you didn't hear of this before, they showed this in the Escape from the SPirit world miniseries-thingy (I don't even recall what it was). It also showed Kyoshi creating the Dai Li for instance.

What makes Ghazan special is that he can TURN earth into lava, instead of just manipulating magma.

He did, but I know why you didn't hear of this before, they showed this in the Escape from the SPirit world miniseries-thingy (I don't even recall what it was). It also showed Kyoshi creating the Dai Li for instance.

What makes Ghazan special is that he can TURN earth into lava, instead of just manipulating magma.

Still think that it was a mistake of whoever created that. If Roku can bend lava, he should have had fewer problems with the vulcano.

Still think that it was a mistake of whoever created that. If Roku can bend lava, he should have had fewer problems with the vulcano.

He was old as hell though, in his 80's. Plus that poisonous volcanic gas nailed him.

But if you haven't watched this miniseries yet....please don't, it looks like utter shit.

He was old as hell though, in his 80's. Plus that poisonous volcanic gas nailed him.

Sure, but before that, he isn't bending the lava IIRC. He does what Aang did and creates channels for the Lava to flow through and so on. If he was able to lavabend, he should have moved lava itself.

Sure, but before that, he isn't bending the lava IIRC. He does what Aang did and creates channels for the Lava to flow through and so on. If he was able to lavabend, he should have moved lava itself.

I believe we hit another 'why the fuck does modern lightningbendsing suck'-level snag. We saw an avatar blowingup volcanoes once

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130625135504/avatar/images/8/8a/Unnamed_fire_Avatar.png

This here is called lavabending by the wiki, but it looks more like regular earthbending

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140730131429/avatar/images/c/c5/Kyoshi_lavabends.png

How much time would it take to produce a season of Korra?

They said in the interview with IGN this week that the season is pretty much done, they're just doing some post-production work. So from that aspect as well, a January release is possible.

There's also the fact that the Legend of Korra art books come out around the time a new season starts. Like for instance, the art book of book two comes out in September, around the time this 3rd season was originally scheduled to air apparently. The first art book came out at the end of season 2. The art book for season 3 is scheduled for a January 20th, 2015 release.

They said in the interview with IGN this week that the season is pretty much done, they're just doing some post-production work. So from that aspect as well, a January release is possible.

There's also the fact that the Legend of Korra art books come out around the time a new season starts. Like for instance, the art book of book two comes out in September, around the time this 3rd season was originally scheduled to air apparently. The first art book came out at the end of season 2. The art book for season 3 is scheduled for a January 20th, 2015 release.

Oh right, great to hear. I'm glad we're getting book 4 as soon as possible :D

Usually it's the elder sibling who has the assure the younger one, but it was Azula who was constantly telling Zuko everything would be okay (it was to manipulate him off course, but still). She also seemed way more self-assured most of the time. and those episodes where she gets the Dai Li under her control, holy shit.

I don't consider Azula insane for what I previously said, I phrased that incorrectly, but some things she did are absolute batshit crazy.

Exhibit A http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcr2gleXfg1qb9nju.png

She was the one who gave her daddy the plan to burn all of the Earth Kingdom to cinders

She was willing to kill 2 of her best friends simply because they disagreed with her

Calling Iroh weak and a failure for giving up the siege...after he just lost his son

I think batshit crazy only applies several modern politicians...

No, I do not even consider her crazy for those things.

It's only crazy because she was defeated.

Risky and daredevil like...fits better.

Iroh... I think that is arrogance and the words of her father channeled.

She wanted to kill her friends? I thought imprison them for..eh...kinda betraying her and also high treason. I don't know, those were her only two friends, the ones she has had some of her greatest "adventures" and life experiences, shared everything with them and then they suddenly out of the blue, they betray her?

You should see me in such a moment.

Her napalm plan was actually pretty fool proof and effective. One huge genocide in some 24hours vs 100 years of lengthy sieges and warfare that would cost casualties on both sides...I hate myself for saying that as a pacifist, but her plan is genius(if you want to overthrow a culture). It would have kept all her people unharmed. No casualties on her side.

But to go with the crazy part:

Aang: Unagi...absolutely crazy. But, because it worked: GENIUS.

Drill...same.

Serpent's pass...abandon hope it said on the sign.

abandon chakra training

search the largest desert to find what has been searched for for thousand years..

A dance with dragons, if you allow me the pun

infiltrate fire nation without any weapons or backup...

fight against Hei Bai

Enter Fire Nation territory to get to Avatar Roku's island at solstice

Sokka: Take your sister and some groceries and a twelve, 'scuse me, 112 year old around the world and train him to become a super fighter, then take down a supervillain and his endless army....GENIUS

Infiltrate a high security prison...with a guy that two days ago tried to murder you and is known to turn his cloak

ignite a uncalculatable amount of underground gas for a chance of either destroying the whole mountain and killing all its inhabitants, and thousand year old architecture or taking down only the attackers...

As only nonbender of the team...fight constantly against masterbenders

Tell super sifu that you actually are the enemy...

Lead an army..

so yeah ;)

Not an argument against your statement, just a general observation.

It's easy to tell the "bad guys" they are insane, but most of the time they calculate their stuff while the heroes work and hope for chances.

And firebenders are the cooler villains.

Veltigar:

Roku and Sozin both lavabended at the volcanoes. They more or less just cooled the lava, but they probably could do more. Also Aang or Toph, don't remember right now, bend a lava geysir in the Fire Nation bunker.

But if you haven't watched this miniseries yet....please don't, it looks like utter shit.

Best two answers.

Don't watch anything that isn't the original source. But the artbook is pretty good, if one wants more background info about characters and institutions. But those mini series and books....I Promise(ha) you are all shit and ruin the canon etc.

My question is, why the hell didn't Roku get off the island? Everyone else were on the boats, yet for some reason, he kept fighting the volcano, long enough for Sozin to travel ~100 miles.

That is your question? :P

I have a better one:

How the hell did Iroh get the hair ornament of Roku, given that it was likely buried in feets and feets of lava or ash, and we saw what that looks like in Pompeii.

Veltigar:

Roku and Sozin both lavabended at the volcanoes. They more or less just cooled the lava, but they probably could do more. Also Aang or Toph, don't remember right now, bend a lava geysir in the Fire Nation bunker.

No, they take the heat out. That's not actually moving the stream itself, if they could have done that, they would have.

IIRC Roku's "lava-bending" was a combination of fire and earth-bending techinques, while Ghazan and Bolin presumably create lava through friction, using earth-bending alone. Also, a real volcano eruption would be much more powerful than whatever a bender could do, so it makes sense that Bolin could counter-act Ghazan's lava, but Roku was failing in his endeavour.

As to why Roku stayed - the eruption was so powerful that lava and ash-rain would have killed people in the boats before they could get far enough away, if he and Sozin didn't weaken/ delay it.

I still maintain that a good fire-bender should have been able to vent the heat out of lava and counter-act Ghazan in this way, like Sozin was doing. I guess that Mako et all. just didn't know how to do it.

Re: Azula, I have always enjoyed her character and felt that there was an uncomfortable after-taste of "how dare a girl aspire to being in command?" to her plot-line. And her eventually going crazy because she couldn't handle the power... Yea. It is good that she was eventually made the _younger_ sibling and that there were some hints - not sufficiently elaborated on, alas, that her instability was due to inner conflict with strongly repressed conscience, but still.

As to Iroh, that dagger versus doll stuff demonstrated that his treatment of Azula was rather indifferent and sexist even when she was a child (is rhere a single flashback of infant Azula with Iroh? No, it was always Zuko), so no wonder that an older Azula disparaged him.

Avatar Kyoshi lived 230 years. Age thing is sometimes messed up in the series.

I'm pretty sure that they have established, or at leaat implied, that part of being the Avatar is an extended life-span. This apparently didn't apply to Ang as consequence of being frozen in suspended animation in ice for 100 years.

I'm pretty sure that they have established, or at leaat implied, that part of being the Avatar is an extended life-span. This apparently didn't apply to Ang as consequence of being frozen in suspended animation in ice for 100 years.

hey, but he aged well.

112 years old, but still young and fresh like a teenage boy. Still kicking ass.

Archived