Legend of Korra continued - season finale SPOILERS

felice

The rights will probably be locked up in ice for a 100 years after Korra ends.

guess it depends on what kind of deals could be struck. If nickelodeon feels like they can't air repeats of the show then I'm sure there are others who would like it. I guess it depends on how well it does as an internet only show for the new season.

:blink: Surprising news. I wasn't expecting more Korra till the June 2015. Delighted as I am at the prospect of getting more of my favourite animated show so soon, I'm a bit worried about the quality. I'm not sure how they'll manage to keep it on a S3 level with such a limited amount of time to play with. I have visions of the crew being fired and replaced by legions of highly trained border collies working sixteen hour shifts. Even assuming the process started a few months ago, it still doesn't seem much...

:blink: Surprising news. I wasn't expecting more Korra till the June 2015. Delighted as I am at the prospect of getting more of my favourite animated show so soon, I'm a bit worried about the quality. I'm not sure how they'll manage to keep it on a S3 level with such a limited amount of time to play with. I have visions of the crew being fired and replaced by legions of highly trained border collies working sixteen hour shifts. Even assuming the process started a few months ago, it still doesn't seem much...

As mentioned, season 4 was made quite a while ago, they made it alongside season 3. A few weeks ago they only had to do some post-production, so regardless of Nick's scheduling stuff, this season has had as much time and effort invested into it as the others. Jus wanted to make that as clear as possible.

As much as its sad to see the Avatar Universe go, on screen at least, I think its better now than never. Another cycle would seem rather redundant and would only serve to tarnish the reputation of the franchise as a whole. Although these Korra seasons could certainly be longer, TLA seasons were like what, 20 episodes each? Each Korra season is like what, 12-13 episodes each?

As much as its sad to see the Avatar Universe go, on screen at least, I think its better now than never. Another cycle would seem rather redundant and would only serve to tarnish the reputation of the franchise as a whole. Although these Korra seasons could certainly be longer, TLA seasons were like what, 20 episodes each? Each Korra season is like what, 12-13 episodes each?

But Korra has fewer filler episodes.

Korra is like british tv series. only a few episodes, but concentrated on plot instead of having 20something episodes with half of them being fillers. Looking at HIMYM....

ATLA had lots of filler episodes in it. The likes of tales of Ba Sing Se, Headband, Avatar State, Avatar Day, Fortune Teller, Nightmares, ...

The Great Divide

And BTW, the Tales of Ba Sing Se was fucking beautiful, I will fight anyone who disagrees :box:

I loved the bss story, and it is the most eerie episode, considering Mako sang his at his own memorial. That is creepy and beautiful and unique.

But the other stories of it were boring and out of place :/

Except Katara and Toph.

Sure they went a bit into the characters, but not really story forwarding.

I think that is a filler. Similar to got filler episodes/moments.

Wait, how is The Avatar and the Firelord filler? Wasn't it important in establishing why Zuko was the bridge between the Avatar and the Firelord as he is the descendent of both. Also, it provided some much needed backstory on Sozin and Roku.

It's practically the episode that explained most of the story.

All questions answered and it was the key to the victory and the turning point of the two main characters.

The Great Divide

And BTW, the Tales of Ba Sing Se was fucking beautiful, I will fight anyone who disagrees :box:

"Leaves from the vine

Falling so slow.

Like fragile, tiny shells.

Drifting in the foam

Little soldier boy

Come marching home

Brave soldier boy

Comes marching home" :crying:

Archived