Legend of Korra continued - season finale SPOILERS

felice

What a boring trailer. To me season 4 looks very uninteresting, hardly anything in this got me excited.
This in complete contrast to the trailers for season 1, 2 and 3. Kuvira as the main villain has zero appeal to me. Also don't really care for the return of the clunky machines which I found rather dull in season 1, the whole Hiroshi Sato story line or whatever Asami's father was called.

Don't like the new Korra look either. Not at all in fact.

What a boring trailer. To me season 4 looks very uninteresting, hardly anything in this got me excited.

This in complete contrast to the trailers for season 1, 2 and 3. Kuvira as the main villain has zero appeal to me. Also don't really care for the return of the clunky machines which I found rather dull in season 1, the whole Hiroshi Sato story line or whatever Asami's father was called.

Lol

I wouldn't judge a book by it's cover (you see what I did there hehe)

Trailer looked amazing, I am literally frothing at the mouth with excitement.

How on earth can you say that? Battle bots, flight suits, and grown up favs, what is to not like in this?

What's different about this trailer is that the music right away is militaristic. The spiritual bent comes later.

Got a Nazi vibe from Kuvira and her troops. Seems pretty clear the fallout of the Earth kingdom chaos will be the rise of a highly milatarized Metal Clan leadership. Intense on control and the elimination of chaos, maybe? The Nazi's also rose on the pretext of putting down revolts of the plebs....

Also, did we actually see Bolin in the same Metal Clan outfit? And it seemed he was fighting Korra and maybe Mako? That would be s weird twist. Prediction: his acting skills will come to the fore, and he'll be a mole in Kuvira's organization, and will flip in the last minute.

One scene of significance: they show Korra in the Avatar state in front of a bunch of people. Then she disappears and everything is the same. Clear allusion to the question of whether the Avatar is even needed?

Also, Korra seems to go to a swamp before she meets Toph. Very reminiscent of Aang first seeing a vision of Toph.

The season promises to be very war focussed, at least to start with. And I have a strong feeling Toph isn't actually the big bad.

Notable absences: Tenzin and his siblings. And Lin...

I thought both Tenzin and Lin were there briefly. Tenzin sitting with other leaders gave me the impression of some sort of trial, with them in the audience or maybe jury. I don't know why but might gut says it was Korra on trial!

I think there was a glimpse of Lin fighting someone, but perhaps I mistook Kuvira for Lin.

Kai was flying around with Jinara. Perhaps he's master level now?

My prediction: three years later, Korra has given up actively being Avatar and is on a quest to find herself. She's fighting in some kind of Bending gladiatorial matches, probably in the Earth Kingdom.

In a quest to restore order, Su Yin expands the metal clan and Kuvira leads the charge, but things go out of hand and Kuvira takes over, creating a fascist regime that sees any threat to order as worth putting down with overwhelming force.

Korra has to find herself, and restore balance: between the twin threats of extreme chaos and extreme order.

Loved the trailer! The opposite of boring, IMHO. Those bat-like flying suits! Metalbender militarist villains! Female big bad? Not enough of the Fire Nation for my taste, but you can't have everything, I guess. It seems that part of "balance" is getting major villains from all elements. ATLA took care of Fire inthis sense and Korra is doing all the rest of them ;).

They said this season was connected to the previous but the villains will still be different. I think Kuvira and her crew will basically be conducting witch hunts for hidden Red Lotus members, and harming normal people in the process. The Earth Kingdom has always had a problem of too much central power. Korra felt she was on the wrong side while collecting taxes for the Queen. This time, it'll be otherwise, I think.

Something tells me that Kuvira isn't really a big bad, but rather she's gonna be a more gray character.

Yeah, it seems Bolin is on her side temporarily, and possibly Opal is mixed up in this somehow as well given her worried expression in the Earth people crowd.

Yeah, I hope the season doesn't turn out to be Team Korra=Good, Kuvira=Evil. They didn't make the RL 100% evil, so I'm confident they can do the same with the Book 4 villains.

Looking forward to the squirrel-suited airbenders, Bolin's advanced lavabending, the Fire Lord, ahh, just about everything. October 3rd better hurry up.

EDIT: Am I mistaken or was Lin not in the trailer?

Guys!!! We have to spread the word! I am tired of Nick, but I would love to see the Avatar Universe picked up and expanded by a company that actually knows how to handle a epic franchise. So boys and gals. Spread the word! We have to make sure everyone. EVERYONE. Know this book, and watch it the right :leer:

Archived