Did this latest nude pics scandal enrage and disturb you too?

Malik Ambar

You're gross. Do you peep in people's windows, too? I mean, they shouldn't have windows if they want privacy.

I imagine they have the curtains drawn when taking these kinds of pictures as there's probably a paparazzi in a bush next to the window.

Doesn't really apply to what happened in this case though.

Not finding it even remotely funny that it's okay to violate people's privacy if they're hot enough. Or that so many of you think it's the fault of the person for taking a private photo (for presumably their boyfriends or girlfriends) and not that it's the fault of the hacker or whatever for being an asshole.

Taking a nude photo for ONE PERSON does not EVER MEAN that it's okay for the WHOLE WORLD to potentially see. WHY is this hard to understand??

as has been mentioned though, i don't think people should be prevented from doing this or made to feel ashamed for doing it. just because someone takes a private nude photo for someone they're going out with doesn't mean they deserve to have it leaked.

I get your point. But, consider this: if you know a street is dangerous, would you walk through it? In an ideal world, no street should be dangerous. Sadly, it is. In this case, famous people are vulnerable to this kinda of shit. Yes, they're free to do as they want, but the reality of their situation is that they are easy target of hackers and thieves. So, if they are going to do anything, they need to be extra careful or, not doing it at all. Celebrities aren't normal people, the prize of being famous is very high. They can't have a normal life, nor privacy. It shouldn't be like that, but it is. I'm not saying they deserve it (they don't), but we live in a world when even if a famous guy sneeze, it's worthy of a front page.

I'm not famous but I've been target of this. I uploaded one single innocent picture of my baby, and one alone of him and me to flickr, many years ago. And then I said something that some asshole didn't like. He actually searched the web until he found those pics (and many more that were supposed to be private) and used them against me. To me, it was the end of it because it really hurt me: I felt so bad about that that I got depressed. I removed mostly of my personal pics to protect myself and my beloved, and even, mostly of my online work, which I live from. Yet, a couple of years ago, my ex, who was at home taking care of our child because I was out working, simply took some private conversations and pics from my pc and tried to use them to make me look bad. Did I stop from having "those" kind of conversation with others via chat or phone? Hell, not. If he doesn't like it, well, fuck him. I'm not ashamed, I'm an adult and I won't stop.

I didn't even know about the scandal until this thread, and upon learning about it my view is pretty apathetic towards it all, not enraged or disturbed.

However this thread in itself has got me really disturbed in the hostility shown to those who are taking this issue more serious. The crudeness shown here has been pretty vile.

Not finding it even remotely funny that it's okay to violate people's privacy if they're hot enough. Or that so many of you think it's the fault of the person for taking a private photo (for presumably their boyfriends or girlfriends) and not that it's the fault of the hacker or whatever for being an asshole.

Taking a nude photo for ONE PERSON does not EVER MEAN that it's okay for the WHOLE WORLD to potentially see. WHY is this hard to understand??

I'm not shaming anyone and I think the hacker(s) should absolutely be punished severely for this. I don't think it's okay that the whole world is able to see it but like I said, curiosity won over

Good luck explaining that to people

He will have a hard time with that. Likey because it's a stupid position to hold.

Personally this doesn't bother me because it happens all the time and should we really be that bothered by nudity? It's not going to affect any of these stars careers. Personally? Idk maybe but I wouldn't speculate on that.

But in reality who cares? I'm not going to pretend I'm bothered by this.

I get your point. But, consider this: if you know a street is dangerous, would you walk through it? In an ideal world, no street should be dangerous. Sadly, it is. In this case, famous people are vulnerable to this kinda of shit. Yes, they're free to do as they want, but the reality of their situation is that they are easy target of hackers and thieves. So, if they are going to do anything, they need to be extra careful or, not doing it at all. Celebrities aren't normal people, the prize of being famous is very high. They can't have a normal life, nor privacy. It shouldn't be like that, but it is. I'm not saying they deserve it (they don't), but we live in a world when even if a famous guy sneeze, it's worthy of a front page.

I'm not famous but I've been target of this. I uploaded one single innocent picture of my baby, and one alone of him and me to flickr, many years ago. And then I said something that some asshole didn't like. He actually searched the web until he found those pics (and many more that were supposed to be private) and used them against me. To me, it was the end of it because it really hurt me: I felt so bad about that that I got depressed. I removed mostly of my personal pics to protect myself and my beloved, and even, mostly of my online work, which I live from. Yet, a couple of years ago, my ex, who was at home taking care of our child because I was out working, simply took some private conversations and pics from my pc and tried to use them to make me look bad. Did I stop from having "those" kind of conversation with others via chat or phone? Hell, not. If he doesn't like it, well, fuck him. I'm not ashamed, I'm an adult and I won't stop.

What if certain photos were taken before someone was famous? Before they'd sold their soul to the fucking privacy devil and had mephostopheles over to seal the deal? Are they supposed to be psychic and think ''OH IF ONE DAY I HAPPEN TO BE FAMOUS THESE PICTURES MIGHT BE FOUND AND IT'S PERFECTLY POSSIBLE SOME CREEP WILL SHARE THEM BECAUSE WOMEN'S BODIES ARE PUBLIC PROPERTY IF THEY'RE HOT AND FAMOUS'' Gross. Ridiculous. No one should ever have to live with the worry that one day their ex boyfriend, or some disgusting hacker or some creepy paparazzi will share a photo of them naked.

And saying ''well, who cares it's just a naked body'' is absolute bullshit and whoever is saying that crap should absolutely know it. Regardless of celebrities right now, no one wants to risk their sexist boss (for example) seeing a naked photo of them, or their friends and family seeing a sexual photo of them taken in private, and you know, the funny thing is that celebrities are actually people too, with bodies, their own bodies which should never be used to harm or humiliate or shame them.

It just really makes me sick that some people would rather focus on how hot the person is and how that makes it okay to look at their private pictures and invade their privacy and not give a damn about the people who might be feeling panic attacks because millions of people have seen them naked, vulnerable and without their permission.

But in reality who cares? I'm not going to pretend I'm bothered by this.

Then why the damn hell are you here? Just go.

ETA: sorry getting angry again. ignore hostility from me.

He will have a hard time with that. Likey because it's a stupid position to hold.

How exactly is pointing out that internet spaces (or cloud or whatever it was) are not safe and people (especially famous ones) should avoid storing personal stuff the same as saying that those people deserve to have those stuff stolen (or copied)?

Keep seeing a lot of "People shouldn't HAVE to be more careful, it's the HACKER that's wrong!" type comments. Yeah, in a perfect world they wouldn't have to be more careful. But we don't live in a perfect world. There will always be people that will fuck with other people. In a situation like this there's nothing these celebs can do but be more cautious with this stuff.

You might as well be saying "BAD THINGS SHOULDN'T HAPPEN EVER"

How exactly is pointing out that internet spaces (or cloud or whatever it was) are not safe and people (especially famous ones) should avoid storing personal stuff the same as saying that those people deserve to have those stuff stolen (or copied)?

There's a different between blaming a victim and pointing out that people should exercise caution. Ideally we could all live with our doors unlocked, but there are shitty people in the world who will do shitty things.

Letting young people know not to take any pictures they wouldn't want becoming public on a smart phone isn't outrageous. It's common sense. Hopefully this will serve as a wakeup up call that data in the cloud can be accessed and while you should be safe storing private pictures on your personal phone, the reality is that they aren't safe there.

And I do empathize with the victims. It sucks for this to happen to them. Hopefully they catch these hackers, and hopefully some better technology is developed to keep this from happening.

Well because you are basically saying they were ignorant to feel like their stuff would be safe there and to me that reads as "they deserved it".

Not a fan of people holding different opinions? The Internet is going to be a harsh place for you.

No, I just don't see the point in ''well i don't care!'' ...if you don't care, why are you here. I'm sorry that I DO care and people making me feel like it's petty or trivial and I'm acting irrational are not appreciated.

Keep seeing a lot of "People shouldn't HAVE to be more careful, it's the HACKER that's wrong!" type comments. Yeah, in a perfect world they wouldn't have to be more careful. But we don't live in a perfect world. There will always be people that will fuck with other people. In a situation like this there's nothing these celebs can do but be more cautious with this stuff.

You might as well be saying "BAD THINGS SHOULDN'T HAPPEN EVER"

Well, yeah, because someone who takes a nude photo for a partner of a long distance relationship shouldn't ever have to carry aroud the anxiety that it's possible some sick person might share that photo around one day.

I honestly thought in this scenario people would be way more understanding, guess I was wrong and that upsets me.

Are we even 100% certain all these photos were on whatever that cloud thing is? And even if they were, someone hacking is making an aggressive decision to do this, whereas someone whose pictures are getting leaked is in a passive victim situation and yet let's all just pat the passive person on the head and tell them they should have known someone would inevitably take an aggressive position and attack them.

Basically there's a lot of ''I don't care!'' in this thread which is FINE if you weren't spending time trying to make others feel bad FOR caring, then there's dumb jokes that it's okay because the celebrities are hot and then there's the ''well they shouldn't have done it in the first place'' bullshit. Disappointing. Very disappointing.

Archived