Sam will be assassinated and replaced

Fai

I think Sam will be assassinated and replaced by a facelessman. We (readers) won't know if it's Sam because we will get Jon's/someone else POV.

Why will Sam be assassinated? Sam has the dragonhorn. The facelessmen are researching into dragons.

I could totally see Jaqen doing this, as we know he's currently at the Citadel (or at least used to be). So it's entirely possible. But I hope it doesn't happen. I think Sam still has a pretty big role to play.

What role?

He already killed a White Walker; saved a damsel in distress and fucked her.

He overcame his fears and he informed Merwyn about the Wall's situation.

Jaqen can become a maester much faster then Sam. A facelessman is probably already as knowledgeable as most maesters.

GRRM was going to have a 5 year time gap. I could see Sam becoming a maester in 5 years.

But becoming a maester and getting back to the wall in 1 year...I think is not possible for Sam.

What role?

Jaqen can become a maester much faster then Sam. A facelessman is probably already as knowledgeable as most maesters.

GRRM was going to have a 5 year time gap. I could see Sam becoming a maester in 5 years.

But becoming a maester and getting back to the wall in 1 year...I think is not possible for Sam.

He needs to be our POV in Oldtown and the Reach, and witness Euron's attack and all the Archmaester shenanigans, and he needs to take that Maester test and light the obsidian candle

To be honest, I find the idea of Sam, Jaime, Euron, or Theon dying early and maybe even at all in The Winds of Winter to be absurd. I tend to think such significant characters would at least have some sort of long term impact on the plot before dying out of nowhere. I expect Sam to make a difference in Oldtown, and he's only just arrived there.

He needs to be our POV in Oldtown and the Reach, and witness Euron's attack and all the Archmaester shenanigans, and he needs to take that Maester test and light the obsidian candle

Yes, and there are some who think that Sam will be the one that kills Euron with an arrow. There is some foreshadowing for this but I did a quick search and couldn't find the thread. I don't really buy that but it is a good read.

George said that the sand snakes will have a bigger part to play in tWoW, maybe Sarella will be our onetime POV for Old town.

Yes, and there are some who think that Sam will be the one that kills Euron with an arrow. There is some foreshadowing for this but I did a quick search and couldn't find the thread. I don't really buy that but it is a good read.

Jaqen is more likely to kill Euron to keep the truth about Euron's Egg safe.

We know that Sam has been practicing archery and complaining about it. So if Jaqen with Sam's face shoot down Euron from a high vantage point, it won't be to far-fetched for the readers.

This is pretty much a troll thread. I don't see any reason why GRRM would kill him off. I'm not saying it won't happen because obviously it could, but I don't see how it serves the plot and I don't think there's any particular foreshadowing. I'm due for an AFFC re-read though.

I missed the part where Jaquen(sp) in at the Cit. What book is this in. I have re - read the story like 4 times already & I am listing to it on Audio. I just don't know where or how he got there. I have heard this many times that he is there.

What role?

It would be really, really gnarly if this was the tack GRRM took with Sam and the FFC chapter was Sam's last as himself. That would just be an insane, sinister deconstruction of the hero arc Sam has been on and would rule so hard (not because I dislike Sam but because he's been built up over the last few books and it would be a bit of Red Wedding style game change). Also, wasn't Jaqen trying to get to the Wall in the first place, before running into Arya? That does seem to be a fast way to get back up there with a dragon horn.

I missed the part where Jaquen(sp) in at the Cit. What book is this in. I have re - read the story like 4 times already & I am listing to it on Audio. I just don't know where or how he got there. I have heard this many times that he is there.

Book 4 in the prologue. The man Pate meets with, fits the description that Arya sees Jaqen turn into at Harrenhal. Also. the poisoned coin that Pate bites into is the same method of death that Arya uses on the Insurer in Dance.

Later, Sam meets a novice named Pate, which people believe is really Jaqen with Pate's face.

This. Also he can totally help in the fight against the Others even from a distance. Plus, he needs to be in Oldtown to help us figure out some of the magic floating around in this world.

George said that the sand snakes will have a bigger part to play in tWoW, maybe Sarella will be our onetime POV for Old town.

Jaqen is more likely to kill Euron to keep the truth about Euron's Egg safe.

We know that Sam has been practicing archery and complaining about it. So if Jaqen with Sam's face shoot down Euron from a high vantage point, it won't be to far-fetched for the readers.

We already have Sam for that, and his death wouldn't contribute to anything plotwise. Also, there is his character development to deal with. He is going to have to stand up on his own without Jon or his friends to help him.

Why would he do that? The FM have no use for the egg, and it isn't illegal to keep them.

I think it is mor elikely Sam kills Euron with a bow and arrow, and after having already killed with a dagger he will have become the striding huntsman of his sigil which is depicted with a dagger and a bow and arrow

So the whole story arc for Sam will be a sad bunch of moments, then she bangs a girl and then she dies? That's so poetic. Even if he was replaced it is definitely a cheap resource.

getting expelled from his home, being abused by Thorne, get some crappy experiences north of the wall, fix an election, make a travel almost doomed to failure, loosing the last dragon, banging a girl then finally make it to Oldtown to give his father one last displeasure by becoming a maester... all of those events seem to me as enough to grant him at least until the end of WoW

Archived