Is Dany too idealistic to be a great queen/leader?

Robb_Warged

about the martell sigil

she knows that dorne capital is sunspear which she acknowledges of the new comers even before learning that they are knights and prince of dorne

she asks ser barriatan about the sigil only after a sudden doubt and thought came to her mind about quaithe's warning.so its obvious she tries to check with barristan before she comes to the conclusion.is that so wrong

if she doesn't know anything about dorne how can she know about its capital being called sunspear

dont bother to answer because i dont think i will get a rational answer here because when people say that a horse can tell what Danny cant .it shows how mature people are and it makes me think if the horse knows why cant he ask to the horse or see himself because last i checked he was a dwarf not blind .

i know why he cant see himself iam just trying to say anyone can blame a character if they don't like character and it doesn't need to make sense because that's how some of the claims in this thread have been made

about the martell sigil

she knows that dorne capital is sunspear which she acknowledges of the new comers even before learning that they are knights and prince of dorne

she asks ser barriatan about the sigil only after a sudden doubt and thought came to her mind about quaithe's warning.so its obvious she tries to check with barristan before she comes to the conclusion.is that so wrong

if she doesn't know anything about dorne how can she know about its capital being called sunspear

dont bother to answer because i dont think i will get a rational answer here because when people say that a horse can tell what Danny cant .it shows how mature people are and it makes me think if the horse knows why cant he ask to the horse or see himself because last i checked he was a dwarf not blind .

The annoying thing is that if Dany had not asked/confirmed and simply assumed to know the correct sigil, we would be sitting here debating the degree of her stupidity. So it would seem to me that people wish she would learn more. Yet when she does the it's a crime unparalleled by any other. Irrational Dany hate is one those things I shall never understand. I once wished I understood how the minds of the people on this board worked, Now I don't. If I understand then I might start to agree.

How much of a population do you to figure to remain in Astapor and the surrounding countryside?

Now she went on a killing spree in the surrounding countryside? We don't even know if the killings went beyond the plaza, and we certainly never heard about her killing anyone outside the city.

Well, Daenerys is a teenager and mistakes are very common in younghood. Jon Snow is another example of how this period of life can make you think and do a lot of stupid things. Ok, Dany crucified the masters and will burn cities to the ground, but a conquer CAN BE a good ruler, we just need to give her some time to grow and learn. And no, she's not my favorite character and I don't want her to rule Westeros in the end of the books. For me, the Targaryen dinasty is gone and there's no turning back.

Well, Daenerys is a teenager and mistakes are very common in younghood. Jon Snow is another example of how this period of life can make you think and do a lot of stupid things. Ok, Dany crucified the masters and will burn cities to the ground, but a conquer CAN BE a good ruler, we just need to give her some time to grow and learn. And no, she's not my favorite character and I don't want her to rule Westeros in the end of the books. For me, the Targaryen dinasty is gone and there's no turning back.

What stupid things did Jon do?

The annoying thing is that if Dany had not asked/confirmed and simply assumed to know the correct sigil, we would be sitting here debating the degree of her stupidity. So it would seem to me that people wish she would learn more. Yet when she does the it's a crime unparalleled by any other. Irrational Dany hate is one those things I shall never understand. I once wished I understood how the minds of the people on this board worked, Now I don't. If I understand then I might start to agree.

that is why Danny is a well written character for me because no matter watever decision or direction she takes people will bash her and i don't think anyother character as faced with such situations more than Danny .maybe theon and Jamie comes close but not like danny

that is why Danny is a well written character for me because no matter watever decision or direction she takes people will bash her and i don't think anyother character as faced with such situations more than Danny .maybe theon and Jamie comes close but not like danny

No. Jaime can push as many little boys as he pleases from towers and Theon can kill and burn as many millers' boys as he pleases. Just so long as they have a redemption arc afterwards. *sarcasm font*

Many characters make shitty decisions. Just so long as they're not Dany.

What stupid things did Jon do?

Most of the first book. He grew out of it before getting a position of authority though. Furthermore, he is actually competent in what he does, thanks to Ned Stark, Ser Rodrik Cassel, Maester Luwin, Donal Noye, Maester Aemon, Jeor Mormont, the Halfhand and even Mance Rayder.

In the later books, he is at least par for the course.

No. Jaime can push as many little boys as he pleases from towers and Theon can kill and burn as many millers' boys as he pleases. Just so long as they have a redemption arc afterwards. *sarcasm font*

Many characters make shitty decisions. Just so long as they're not Dany.

Please don't go there. That's an ad hominem argument and it lumps a whole bunch of people with very different opinions together. Basically it's the worst variant of a strawman.

Most of the first book. He grew out of it before getting a position of authority though. Furthermore, he is actually competent in what he does, thanks to Ned Stark, Ser Rodrik Cassel, Maester Luwin, Donal Noye, Maester Aemon, Jeor Mormont, the Halfhand and even Mance Rayder.

In the later books, he is at least par for the course.

Ahh, no. He made a lot of mistakes while LC, his story parallels Dany.

Please don't go there. That's an ad hominem argument and it lumps a whole bunch of people with very different opinions together. Basically it's the worst variant of a strawman.

Seeing as I was responding to a post about Jaime and Theon receiving a lot of shit for their mistakes, I'd like you to explain exactly how my argument is strawman. I'm not just talking out of my ass here, there have been polls and polls and polls and Jaime, Theon and Arya emerge either as the best written or favourite. Please sir, I have the time to hear about the strawman nature of my post.

about the martell sigil

i know why he cant see himself iam just trying to say anyone can blame a character if they don't like character and it doesn't need to make sense because that's how some of the claims in this thread have been made

I agree with this interpretation as well. She was confirming that was the sigil in regards to Quaithe's prophecy.

Archived