Video Games - All Hail Warner Bros(!?!)

The Anti-Targ

So, Destiny. Vault of Glass. Post patch Atheon is a disaster. Maybe I'm doing it with the wrong people. Last week we faced him, didn't beat him but came pretty close. Didn't have a lot of time to try at it though. I played relic-holder. I thought that the relic was the easiest job. Now everybody has to do it, and... they can't figure it out. Almost every failure was the result of the relic holder having no idea what to do. I told them what to do. It's very simple. But... no. :dunno: :bang: OTOH, I hate having to stay out with the supplicants, so I can't be too critical.

Anyway, got the raid chest armor and gloves. Just need the pants. Going to look for a new team for my second character.

I finally did the Vault of Glass yesterday. My guy is maxed out at 29 so have to start getting the raid gear but ended up not getting shit besides shards and energy. I did it with 5 guys who knew what they were doing and it was a breeze. I actually expected it to be much more difficult but I guess it depends on the team you get. I can see why it took everyone a long time to figure it out when it was new though, there's some weird shit in it. Have you tried it on hard yet?

Man, it really sucks that we can't import saves in Dragon Age Inquisition..... especially since I juts played Dragon Age 2 again to create the world state I wanted to be imported over. Damn it.

BTW, how do we get our custom heroes from DA:O if its on Steam? I got my Hawke but not my Warden.

BTW, how do we get our custom heroes from DA:O if its on Steam? I got my Hawke but not my Warden.

If you have ever logged into your Bioware account through DAO, then that data should be available on the Keep. Of course if you created a separate Origin account, you might have to do something like loading an old (local) DAO save while logged into your new account.

I finally did the Vault of Glass yesterday. My guy is maxed out at 29 so have to start getting the raid gear but ended up not getting shit besides shards and energy. I did it with 5 guys who knew what they were doing and it was a breeze. I actually expected it to be much more difficult but I guess it depends on the team you get. I can see why it took everyone a long time to figure it out when it was new though, there's some weird shit in it. Have you tried it on hard yet?

Oh hard? My team hasn't managed to get through it on normal. We could have done it before the patch, we just didn't have enough time. It was getting there, and I think we were just a couple of attempts away from making it work. But now, half the team sucks on the relic,but they also have shitty weapons, so I can't take the relic since I need to be on DPS.

Eh, just got the wrong group. But they're good guys, and I like playing with them. I've gotten to the point where I don't expect them to be able to clear it, and I"ll look for a more skilled group on my alt. As long as I'm still getting items it doesn't really matter.

If you have ever logged into your Bioware account through DAO, then that data should be available on the Keep. Of course if you created a separate Origin account, you might have to do something like loading an old (local) DAO save while logged into your new account.

Ah, I think I never logged in from DA:O. Guess i should just re install it and log in from there?

Oh hard? My team hasn't managed to get through it on normal. We could have done it before the patch, we just didn't have enough time. It was getting there, and I think we were just a couple of attempts away from making it work. But now, half the team sucks on the relic,but they also have shitty weapons, so I can't take the relic since I need to be on DPS.

Eh, just got the wrong group. But they're good guys, and I like playing with them. I've gotten to the point where I don't expect them to be able to clear it, and I"ll look for a more skilled group on my alt. As long as I'm still getting items it doesn't really matter.

Yeah, I tried it once before when I was a 26 and it was so much harder and just decided to max out my dude. Obviously strong weapons are key. The only problem I had with the last part of it was when we had to take the portal back carrying the relic, I guess you can only go single file or you just turn black. It happened my first two times and I was so confused. The guys said it shouldn't happen and is a glitch but an easy one to avoid.

As long as you have a good group of guys to make it fun, on my first attempt I had some dude barking at everyone like we were little kids and I wanted to kill him.

I finally beat Dark Souls after quitting it for a year because of Sen's Fucking Fortress. I tried again after beating DS2 and guess what, I still hate that level. That whole level isn't difficult, it's just stupidly frustrating. I probably died more times there than any other two areas combined.

Anyways, praise the sun! \[+]/ I can now go back to DS2's boring singleplayer but better-structured multiplayer!

Sen's fortress was one of my favorite levels, the fortress itself was just as if not more oppressing than creatures that inhabited it. What troubles are you having with it? is it that final narrow platform with all the swinging axes? That's the only part I could imagine one being stuck on for so long.

Sen's fortress was one of my favorite levels, the fortress itself was just as if not more oppressing than creatures that inhabited it. What troubles are you having with it? is it that final narrow platform with all the swinging axes? That's the only part I could imagine one being stuck on for so long.

Yes, dear god yes. Especially as a claymore-pyro build. The part where you have the lightning-casting man serpents standing at the door with 4 swinging axes in close succession, specifically. Keep up your shield and you get stopped and whacked by an axe. Or try to roll under the spell and run into an axe. Or just try to run in and accept the damage, get staggered, and then get hit by an axe. Every once in a while I'd survive the fall with a sliver of health and get immediately jumped on by a man serpent or one of those big silver demons with the halberds. In the end I had to swallow my pride and upgrade a bow and buy hundreds of arrows. I got over the shame when I got to Anor Londo.

Well If you think that's bad, there's this one part in Anor Londo....heh I won't spoil it for you, but IMO the worst is yet to come.

Look at the bright side! Anor Londo is the most beautiful part in the game, and my personal favorite. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Man, it really sucks that we can't import saves in Dragon Age Inquisition..... especially since I juts played Dragon Age 2 again to create the world state I wanted to be imported over. Damn it.

I'm a mite confused with the custom hero transfer thing too. I have 1 PC custom hero for DA:O and 2 for DAII. But I have a whole lot more custom heroes from PS3. I thought my origin account was tagged to my PSN, but when I went into the Keep I only had my PC custom heroes. I'll have to look into things a bit more and see if I need a new Origin account, or something else.

Still got a bit of time to sort it out, but I would like to clear things up soon.

Shadow of Mordor is shaping up to be quite fun. I haven't played much but my 2 sons have played quite a bit. There's not much story to get spoiled over by the look of things, but I am trying to not watch too much so I can come to it reasonably fresh. Only a few more months and there will only be 2 people in the house competing for the PS4, so I might get more game time in 2015.

Well If you think that's bad, there's this one part in Anor Londo....heh I won't spoil it for you, but IMO the worst is yet to come.

Look at the bright side! Anor Londo is the most beautiful part in the game, and my personal favorite. Enjoy it while it lasts.

I'm not really sure what you're talking about with Anor Londo. The whole section seemed pretty easy to me, bosses included. The only things comparable is the part in the rafters right before the Painted World, but those guys just ran right up to me and got slapped around by my claymore. Plus, no swinging axes.

What I meant was those two Archer dudes on the platform. Many in the Dark Souls community found that to be the hardest part in the entire game, which it was for me if not counting AOTB bosses. I had one of those small shields, so just trying to block those arrows would throw me off the platform. Of course, everyone has a different experience though.

What I meant was those two Archer dudes on the platform. Many in the Dark Souls community found that to be the hardest part in the entire game, which it was for me if not counting AOTB bosses. I had one of those small shields, so just trying to block those arrows would throw me off the platform. Of course, everyone has a different experience though.

Really? I justed sprinted at them and didn't have any close calls. I never would have guess people had a hard time with that. That said, I had one hell of a tough time with Gwyn, who was apparently really easy for anyone who is half- decent at parrying, which isn't me.

It's kind of funny how it works out. People apparently think the Smelter demon in DS2 is tough, but I stumbled on him by accident and at half health. "That looks too small to be a boss fog gate," I said. Then out pops the hyped up demon, and a couple of rolls and a couple of swings of my greatsword later he was down. And then I got stuck about a week at the Shrine of Amana and have never been able to beat the Ruin Sentinels going solo.

Really? I justed sprinted at them and didn't have any close calls. I never would have guess people had a hard time with that. That said, I had one hell of a tough time with Gwyn, who was apparently really easy for anyone who is half- decent at parrying, which isn't me.

It's kind of funny how it works out. People apparently think the Smelter demon in DS2 is tough, but I stumbled on him by accident and at half health. "That looks too small to be a boss fog gate," I said. Then out pops the hyped up demon, and a couple of rolls and a couple of swings of my greatsword later he was down. And then I got stuck about a week at the Shrine of Amana and have never been able to beat the Ruin Sentinels going solo.

I have only found Smelter 1 "hard" when trying to keep Lucatiel alive. Smelter 2 is a joke.

As for the "boring" single player campaign, I find it better than Dark souls 1's campaign. Yes it's more linear in a sense but I just like the overall tone better. Have you played the DLCs? In my opinion they are among the best level design in all the 3 souls games. And while there are a couple shitty bosses there are at least 4 that are amazing. Having done it several times now on varying level of NG or NG+'s the Sinh fight is probably my favourite fight in the series now. And the whole atmosphere and music for the Ivory King fight is glorious.

Archived