[TWOIAF Spoiler] Best Artwork

MoIaF

Is that Ashara beside Elia?

Also, Elia's face:

"You are so not getting any tonight."

(Project for tonight, try and put a name to all the faces :P )

Off that picture alone, why would anyone be picking Lyanna over Elia I have no idea. No ones really comes out of it looking good but Elia looks better than most. Only the clothing colours give any kind of indication whether thats Robert or not. It doesn't seem to look anything like him. And if that's Brandon being held back it must have just been his title that got him all those women becaue it can't have been anything else.

Dunk the Lunk Vs. Lyonel Baratheon.

It's simply great.

The Eyrie reminds me of Neuschwanstein actually.

I like the Tytos and the Tywin portrait quite a lot. Shows a lot of their different characters and traits.

And I'm quite fond of Dragonstone and Casterly Rock.

I'm convinced the little girl in that portrait is Arya. She's the right age, stature, everything. I don't think Arya wore breeches all the time while in KL... that likely began when she had to escape and go on the run.

I agree, reminds me of this stunning picture:

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/images/thumb/3/3d/Arya_stark_by_teiiku.jpg/300px-Arya_stark_by_teiiku.jpg

The maester is using her to show Balerion's size so she's not labelled.

I see Hemsworth Rhaegar, I also see Baelor's sister Rhaena is Sophia Myles and Elaena may be a young Tori Spelling

Right now I'm in love with the castles. I've read the descriptions in the novels, but somehow could not actually visualize how they would look. I have to confess that I am not speeding through and maybe have only covered 75 pages. Pages, I may mention, that will be read and reread.

The book seems well made and may stand up better to heavy use than the maps. My maps are now reinforced with high quality tape.

I think my favorite two portraits are of Jaehaerys I and Viserys II, not because they're the most striking art in the book (Dunk vs The Laughing Storm, dragon portraits, Dragonstone, etc. are more grand), but because I've only ever seen these two monarchs as much older men in the Amok portraits etc, and it's so noticeable to see both as young and vigorous, and in Viserys II's case, much less dour and sour. A whole new side to those characters just from those portraits.

I also noted resemblances of some portraits to American entertainment figures. The female Valyrian dragon-lord reminded me of actress Uma Thurman; the portrait of Aegon V's youngest son Daeron reminded me of the French/Italian, now American, actor Gilles Marini, and the portrait of Daena the Defiant looked very much to me, albeit with Daena's longer hair, like the American television actress Amy Carlson (currently portraying the wife of actor Donnie Wahlberg's policeman character on the American police drama "Blue Bloods"). At least one of the Aegon IV mistresses looked a bit like actress Angelina Jolie to me, too. I know a number of the artists are not American; I wonder if these resemblances are just coincidence or if some were inspired by current media images as facial models?

Am I the only one who thought Duncan the Small looked like the actor who portrays Edmure (Tobias Menzies iirc?)? :p

Hahaha! OMG, you're right. Weird....:p

Archived