[TWOIAF Spoiler] Best Artwork

MoIaF

The book has slapped a lot of Rhaegar's detractors on the face, tbh.

Im still not a fan of him(though i don't dislike him), but it would always annoy me when someone says he and Robert were overrated warriors because he was just an unskilled harp playing pretty boy.

Im still not a fan of him(though i don't dislike him), but it would always annoy me when someone says he and Robert were overrated warriors because he was just an unskilled harp playing pretty boy.

Really? It seems like the Maester is directly blaming Rhaegar for RR. At least, that's how I read it.

Unless you're just talking about appearance, in which case I agree.

FYI, there is not one single mention of any harp related to Rhaegar, lol.

But what I meant is that, while the book doesn't specifically mention it, it's a side of Rhaegar we haven't seen before. Many would claim and assume he was an airhead who spent all of his time playing his harp, riding to Summerhall and abandoned his children. Now we know that's not true. While not stated, there is some suggestions via clues and hints that Rhaegar indeed was trying to make some moves in order to remove Aerys, so, it's not like he didn't care. Even if his actions were motivated by any prophecy, securing stability on Westeros was also a priority.

But what I meant is that, while the book doesn't specifically mention it, it's a side of Rhaegar we haven't seen before. Many would claim and assume he was an airhead who spent all of his time playing his harp, riding to Summerhall and abandoned his children. Now we know that's not true. While not stated, there is some suggestions via clues and hints that Rhaegar indeed was trying to make some moves in order to remove Aerys, so, it's not like he didn't care. Even if his actions were motivated by any prophecy, securing stability on Westeros was also a priority.

Oh ok I misunderstood what you meant, and I agree with your post here.

He definitely comes off as more competent. Im just hoping he had more flaws than just being short sighted(fathering a bastard). That probably won't be the case though.

He definitely comes off as more competent. Im just hoping he had more flaws than just being short sighted(fathering a bastard). That probably won't be the case though.

Well, he was very wrong about the prophecy. He was lucky mostly prophecies fulfil themselves, otherwise, TPTWP would be dead and all of Westeros with him eventually.

That's a good thing. Maybe now Rhaegar won't be seen as a skinny wimp. Now when I picture Robert vs Rhaegar, I see Henry Cavil vs Chris Hemsworth(Superman vs Thor).

I think Bobby B is supposed to have more facial expressions than Henry Cavil has on offer.

The book has slapped a lot of Rhaegar's detractors on the face, tbh.

If I may be honest, nowadays, every time I read a reply by someone who STILL demonizes Rhaegar, this epic quote comes to my mind... "Stop fucking with Korean Jesus! He busy with Korean shit."

It's mostly the Maester speculating; however, I wouldn't be overly surprised if Ray-Man did try to oust his father that way. But it also begs the question of why stop there, and why put his plans on hold to conduct the Lyanna business. It hasn't changed my opinion of Ray-Man much, I never thought he was a brainless doofus, just that he made a few big mistakes that went out of control, just like dear old Ned.

He does look more manly that I thought he would. That square jaw clashes with most artwork we saw of him previously. Still got nothing on King Bob (or his outright clone Orys Baratheon) in terms of sheer manliness tho.

Art was all around great. Some of the castles didn't match book discriptions which is a bummer. Stand outs include Rhaenyra facing her death. The Grey King on Naga's throne. Assai by the shadow. The illustrations of Blackfire and Dark Sister swords was nice to have too.

The image of prince Aegon and his dragon Quicksilver dying is just gorgeous and tragic. I love it.

The inside cover art showing Rhaegar and Robert duelling is also incredible.

Everytime I see the Rhaegar art all I can see is Chris Hemsworth. Rhaegar looks like a mini version of Thor.

Same here, that's what I actually said before in R+L+J thread. It's really a fine portrait of him, definitely much better than the feminine lookish Rhaegar arts from deviant art.

Illustrations of Robert vs Rhaegar, Tourney at Harrenhal and Viserys II with his family are amazing.

Same here, that's what I actually said before in R+L+J thread. It's really a fine portrait of him, definitely much better than the feminine lookish Rhaegar arts from deviant art.

Illustrations of Robert vs Rhaegar, Tourney at Harrenhal and Viserys II with his family are amazing.

I found the pictures of the battles/combats really great. Best one IMHO is Dunk and The Laughing Storm.

Rhaenyra was perfect.

I also liked the Valyrian Freehold and its dragonlords, Asshai, Robert vs Rhaegar, Robert's portrait, Aerys' first portrait, the Lyseni noblewoman, King Garth, the wives and mistresses of the dragon kings, King Jaehaerys and Good Queen Alysanne, Sothoryos' ruin and the Pact between the children and the First Men.

I couldn't see Lyanna and I imagined that Rhaegar would be better looking.

Came in looking for someone to say the Rhaenyra artwork was perfect and I'm not disappointed. She was smoking hot damn

Archived