Where's the Dayne info? And the FM?

The Daynes will come to the fore eventually. Although I'd be very surprised if Quaithe was truly Ashara Dayne...

On the Faceless Men:

We do see their hand now and and then in the story, I guess. The sudden deaths of Larra Rogare's father, the head of House Rogare, and his brother, the Prince Consort of Dorne, are very convenient for a certain Braavosi Bank, I imagine, especially since the text states that the Rogare Bank was at this time more powerful than the Iron Bank...

The level of coverage is, let´s say, inconsistent.

But as for Daynes, keep in view their level of importance (or unimportance) for an all-Westerosi writer level.

Before Martells, the kings of Dorne were

1) Yronwoods

2-3) Fowlers and Daynes

4-) Several smaller kings:

Blackmont

Manwoody

Allyrion

Jordayne

Kingdom of Greenblood, when existed

Also, who exactly held Hellholt as of the arrival of Nymeria - House Drylands, or house Uller?

In fact, Yandel goes out of balance in telling as much of Daynes - and much less of Yronwoods and Fowlers.

On the other hand, for a writer sitting in Oldtown Citadel, Daynes would be prominent and available simply as neighbours!

The wars of marches stress the importance of Wide Way and Stoneway over Red Mountains... but how about travelling for war or trade between Oldtown and Starfall either along shore avoiding the high summits inland, or by ship to land at Starfall and mouth of Torentine?

I'll say this much about the importance of the family, or lack of it: George has made a small family tree for the Daynes.

Not something he tends to do if a family is irrelevant.

:devil: You tease! I do expect that we'll learn more about them in the last two books, but it seems such a long way to wait....

It is kind of sad that we got next to nothing on the Dayne' in fact Ser Kermit and Ser Elmo got more backstory added then the Dayne'.

OMG! Long time no see.

The Daynes will come to the fore eventually. Although I'd be very surprised if Quaithe was truly Ashara Dayne...

I think Dany would notice if she's looking at someone with the same eyes as her. Although I suppose she could be using glamor. I'm still holding on to the theory that it might be Shiera, however, she also has very noticeable eyes so...

"Even after all these years, Ser Barristan could still recall Ashara’s smile, the sound of her laughter. He had only to close his eyes to see her, with her long dark hair tumbling about her shoulders and those haunting purple eyes. Daenerys has the same eyes. Sometimes when the queen looked at him, he felt as if he were looking at Ashara’s daughter …"

Well, what about Mel being Shiera's daughter by Bloodraven, Quaithe being Shiera herself, and Illyrio/Varys being cousins of Bittersteel/Blackfyre descent. Thus all the bastards of Aegon the Unworthy (or their descendants) would be back in the game. That could be something that George would do.

I'll say this much about the importance of the family, or lack of it: George has made a small family tree for the Daynes.

Not something he tends to do if a family is irrelevant.

Interesting. I never thought dynasty would be why the Daynes were important, I think everyone believes whatever they are is ancient and forgotten. I'd love to see little Edric do well, such a great kid.

I wonder if Allyria is of an age to marry Jon?

:devil: You tease! I do expect that we'll learn more about them in the last two books, but it seems such a long way to wait....

OMG! Long time no see.

I think Dany would notice if she's looking at someone with the same eyes as her. Although I suppose she could be using glamor. I'm still holding on to the theory that it might be Shiera, however, she also has very noticeable eyes so...

"Even after all these years, Ser Barristan could still recall Ashara’s smile, the sound of her laughter. He had only to close his eyes to see her, with her long dark hair tumbling about her shoulders and those haunting purple eyes. Daenerys has the same eyes. Sometimes when the queen looked at him, he felt as if he were looking at Ashara’s daughter …"

I know it's been a long time, I am back from the grave on Halloween, boogy, boogy, boogy. I walk the earth once again. No that's not right. I stalk the forum once again, trick or treat? Though don't call me UnCreighton, I prefer living impaired as Un seems derogatory, it's more about what you are not than what you now are.

I know it's been a long time, I am back from the grave on Halloween, boogy, boogy, boogy. I walk the earth once again. No that's not right. I stalk the forum once again, trick or treat? Though don't call me UnCreighton, I prefer living impaired as Un seems derogatory, it's more about what you are not than what you now are.

I still think your theory that cannot be named was on the right track.

I'm still on the HR+AD = M&J train. I'd like that much better than either Quaithe or Lemore.

Well, at least the Daynes get all the best names and monikers - Dorian Dayne, the Sword of the Evening, Samwell Dayne the Starfire...

Funny, how Samwell turned-out to be such a storied name and all of them except for our Sam were bad-ass warriors ;).

Makes perfect sense when you think about it :) Of course a proud and martial lord like Randyll would give his son a storied name ;)

How fitting then, that you should return on such a day. ;)

Maybe Arthur was Rhaegar's cousin or something...

Obviously not.

Rhaegaer´s parents were Rhaella and Aerys (unwillingly).

He has just two grandparents - Rhaella and Aerys were full brother and sister, children of Jaehaerys and Shaera.

And Rhaella and Aerys were the only children of Jaehaerys and Shaera.

Rhaegaer´s parents Rhaella and Aerys had no siblings save each other. And therefore Rhaegaer had no cousins, other than his full siblings (Viserys and Daenerys).

Obviously not.

Rhaegaer´s parents were Rhaella and Aerys (unwillingly).

He has just two grandparents - Rhaella and Aerys were full brother and sister, children of Jaehaerys and Shaera.

And Rhaella and Aerys were the only children of Jaehaerys and Shaera.

Rhaegaer´s parents Rhaella and Aerys had no siblings save each other. And therefore Rhaegaer had no cousins, other than his full siblings (Viserys and Daenerys).

I think JonCon's talking about Maekar's wife (Egg's mom) who was a Dayne - Author and Rhaegar could be like 4th cousins or something like that...

I still think your theory that cannot be named was on the right track.

Shhhhh, nobody must speak of the Candy Corn Code. It's Halloween and I got a Candy Corn joke in, so happy right now.

How fitting then, that you should return on such a day. ;)

Hey it's good to be back among the living, though I will miss Ned and Robert, seriously I never new Ned could Limbo like that, in Limbo. Cat was there to but then she left. Can't find Benjen, thought he would be there, but no sign of him. Oh and Arthur Dayne is not all that, totally met him and all he does is whine about Howland cheating and he could totally take him, and how it's ok to wear white after Labor Day. And no Arthur it is not.

Shhhhh, nobody must speak of the Candy Corn Code. It's Halloween and I got a Candy Corn joke in, so happy right now.

Huh? :huh:

Hey it's good to be back among the living, though I will miss Ned and Robert, seriously I never new Ned could Limbo like that, in Limbo. Cat was there to but then she left. Can't find Benjen, thought he would be there, but no sign of him. Oh and Arthur Dayne is not all that, totally met him and all he does is whine about Howland cheating and he could totally take him, and how it's ok to wear white after Labor Day. And no Arthur it is not.

That we can agree on, for sure. :P

Archived