Legend of Korra Book 4, Take Two [Spoilers, including Series Finale!]

Sci-2

I also hope they would just go ahead and confirm it. I know this show is mainly for kids and Nick might want to hold back or something. But kids are more accepting than you'd think, at least my 8 year old younger brother is. He does not understand homophobia at all. Second side note: my phone does not recognise 'homophobia as a word.'

It also just hit me that the show ended. As you can probably tell from my username, I'm a huge fan of this franchise. And I know Book 2 was horrible and nothing was as good as ATLA, but it was still better than most of the stuff that plays on TV. I loved this show and I'm going to miss it.

Bandwagon time:

1. Book 3: 10/10

2. Book 4: 8/10 because I wanted more from that ending

3. Book 1: 7/10

4. Book 2: 5/10 because I'm feeling sentimental today

Oh man, I can just imagine them in an interview saying "we're leaving it up to the audience to decide". Oh man, I really think id end up vomiting.

I actually expect them to say something like that..."this is a show for everyone and we wanted everyone to relate to it. Whatever the audience takes away from it, as long as it is positive, is what we were hoping to achieve. We are just overwhelmed by the reaction this has received. We had no idea of the impact it would have. We're just glad that so many people were able to relate to it on so many levels and in so many different ways."

Stupid question ahead, be warned...is Korrasami a thing? Like, are they a thing thing?

Yes, they do the thing 8) It's pretty obvious that any ambiguity was forced on the show by real or anticipated network censorship.

I was more interested in the Korra-Kuvira relationship than the Korra-Asami one or whatever, and I wasn't so interested by that. I mean, I get it, Kuvira and Korra might be two sides of the same coin, but that seems to let Kuvira off rather light for being a genocidal crazy dictator.

Kuvira had the potential to be a great villain but they wasted it by saving up all of her motivation and backstory for a post-final battle infodump. She should have had more scenes in S3, especially scenes of her interacting with and possibly befriending Korra. Surely they could have given her a couple of scenes in Zaofu and a bit more to do in the mountain-top battle. And then in S4 throw a few childhood backstory scenes interspersed throughout the first half of the season. That said, I guess the loss of a full episode of runtime (ep 08) would have made this difficult. It's unfortunate because this franchise has had some really great villains (some awful ones as well to be fair *cough*Unalak*cough*).

Kuvira had the potential to be a great villain but they wasted it by saving up all of her motivation and backstory for a post-final battle infodump. She should have had more scenes in S3, especially scenes of her interacting with and possibly befriending Korra. Surely they could have given her a couple of scenes in Zaofu and a bit more to do in the mountain-top battle. And then in S4 throw a few childhood backstory scenes interspersed throughout the first half of the season. That said, I guess the loss of a full episode of runtime (ep 08) would have made this difficult. It's unfortunate because this franchise has had some really great villains (some awful ones as well to be fair *cough*Unalak*cough*).

I'd honestly say Kuvira is one of this franchise worst villains. She just seems so weak compared to just about every other major villain in the series. In fact she's so weak the creators had to invent scenarios and situations to make her appear threatening; such as having Korra still affected by her trauma during their first dual and giving her a giant robot that couldn't be bent and was magically immune to lava of all things. To top it off she had next to no motivation for her actions, unless that info dump near the end counts. All in all, I would of much preferred Zaheer simply returning as the main villain in book 4.

The fact that it needed to be confirmed is worrying, people were really not paying attention throughout season 3 and 4.

I never thought they would actually go through with the romance, but it wasn't due to lack of evidence, there was plenty of that, but it was because the show was on Nick. Nick proved me horribly wrong though, and I'm actually very happy about that.

I'm very happy to eat crow for the rest of my days.

I found an article that addresses both blogs that confirm Korrassami. And even though it's made clear that it's confirmed etc. The comment section is so depressing. >> Link (In case you want to see for yourself) I guess it's too much to expect everyone to be....decent accepting human beings.

The fact that it needed to be confirmed is worrying, people were really not paying attention throughout season 3 and 4.

I never thought they would actually go through with the romance, but it wasn't due to lack of evidence, there was plenty of that, but it was because the show was on Nick. Nick proved me horribly wrong though, and I'm actually very happy about that.

I'm very happy to eat crow for the rest of my days.

:agree: I have to find my post, but early in season three I totally thought there were gay vibes brewing

Funny thing is that either result would have been good. Korra not having a relationship with anyone and instead showing a truly deep friendship with another woman is pretty awesome in its own right. It's super unusual, especially for kids shows.

It's great that they did it, but it's almost unnecessary.

Funny thing is that either result would have been good. Korra not having a relationship with anyone and instead showing a truly deep friendship with another woman is pretty awesome in its own right. It's super unusual, especially for kids shows.

It's great that they did it, but it's almost unnecessary.

Kind of goes to show how deep the bench was. But even without this particular friendship staying as such, there was a lot about sisterly love in this Season, and this Series in general, which is also unusual.

Archived