Legend of Korra Book 4, Take Two [Spoilers, including Series Finale!]

Sci-2

I loved the Varrick and Bolin part of this episode.

I get the complaints and I understand the reasons.

I think I will with hold total judgement on my feelings for this episode until it is over. And maybe even until a re-watch of the entire Korra run.

The thing is. This might be a cheaply done cop-out episode. But what was given and reflected upon in this episode may just have been the reflection and reminder we needed before going in to the finale. This episode may deepen the impact of what is to come. Not to mention, That this is it. The end. It may be that without the wait between episodes. This one episode might be the one that connects us to the fond memories in the end.

Or it could be a total waste.

I'll find out soon I guess.

ETA: There is no doubt that Nick are a bunch of wankers. They have botched Legend of Korra from the start. And I don't want to wish evil things on actual people and call them (some fitting) heinous names. But I really really want to.

Such is the depths of my anger over what could have been vs what we ended up with here.

All I know is, that speaking as a fan of the Avatarverse, I will be extremely happy when this series is over.

That's your opinion of LOK as a whole or is this an american/british mix up with seasons/series? I think LOK has brought a lot to the evolution of the world but I'm a sucker for fantasy that isn't forever stuck at the same level of technology.

I'm still hoping they'll further explore the world in the form of comics as I assume they'd have more control there. Thing is, I'd prefer the show writers to be writing the comics but I can see how they'd have little interest in that and would rather pursue new animated ventures.

So far, for me, the season started off a couple of incredible episodes and a lot of promise. It has continued to be be good, but not the way Season 3 was every single week. It's still a bit better than Season 1 and MUCH better than Season 2.

Like everyone else said, how it ends will ultimately decide it. This season has the potential to be the best season of Korra yet, or sink down to Season 2 levels.

That's your opinion of LOK as a whole or is this an american/british mix up with seasons/series? I think LOK has brought a lot to the evolution of the world but I'm a sucker for fantasy that isn't forever stuck at the same level of technology.

I'm still hoping they'll further explore the world in the form of comics as I assume they'd have more control there. Thing is, I'd prefer the show writers to be writing the comics but I can see how they'd have little interest in that and would rather pursue new animated ventures.

I like Legend of Korra a lot, but so much bullshit went on with this series. Season 2, the end of season 3, Kuvira getting more annoying with each episode of season 4, these budget and promotion problems.

As for the comics, yeah im never touching any of those again, i've made my opinion on the avatar comics quite clear.

I'd think not. Frankly, with 5 episodes left, I think the next one will be the spirits attacking people in Republic City, Korra helping those vines calm down, Bolin arriving to give his news, the world leaders deciding Kuvira needs to go down, and Korra informing them Kuvira has just started an attack on the swamp.

New preview

Hope we get to the Fire Nation at some point...

It depends on whether they are still the most militarised. You'd think so given how there was the navy, etc mentioned in season 1. In which case you'd think they'd be the obvious to lead a UN style sanctioned intervention. Although I fear we wont see any fighting as the vine bomb will render them useless.

I'd think not. Frankly, with 5 episodes left, I think the next one will be the spirits attacking people in Republic City, Korra helping those vines calm down, Bolin arriving to give his news, the world leaders deciding Kuvira needs to go down, and Korra informing them Kuvira has just started an attack on the swamp.

It depends on whether they are still the most militarised. You'd think so given how there was the navy, etc mentioned in season 1. In which case you'd think they'd be the obvious to lead a UN style sanctioned intervention. Although I fear we wont see any fighting as the vine bomb will render them useless.

I'd settle for a 30-second scene of the Fire Nation forces gathering to invade Republic City.

Sad to think how worthless Season 2 was. Given it was about Spirits and supposedly about the environment it could've had a much more global scope. I'd assume the Fire Nation would be among the heaviest polluters given their early start on industrialization.

This episode, more than anything,reveals how rushed this season feels. We got Izumi, we got Zaheer. We got Korra fully cured. We got Korra meeting Bolin, and Valrick and Asami teaming up... And it all happened so quickly. They really needed 24 episodes to tell this story.

Nice episode. Delighted to see Zaheer. Just wish he'd been around longer.

The theme seemed to be about setting aside past animosity or wrongs. Korra and Zaheer managed it, for now; Azumi and Varrick are struggling to, Bolin was trying to find the right way - it was also present in Izumi's refusal to go to war, citing the Fire Nation's past.

In Bolin's case he's genuinely sorry about his past - even though Mako tells him 'you did what you thought was right'. Zaheer doesn't say sorry as is apparently still devoted to his cause, though he's recovered from his fit of evil overlordness. And Varrick doesn't seem remotely sorry. He's just Varrick,and we love him for it. :)

This should have been at least two episodes imo. There was way to much packed in one episode. Zaheer disappointed me, if this is the only thing we'll be seeing of him, it's a bit of a waste. I had hoped that Zaheer would join Korra to fight againts Kuvira, instead we just got this.

Bolin and Opel should also have gotten more time together. I think their relationship at this point in time is one of the more interesting character dynamics LoK has to offer. This should have been a bigger deal. I also find Izumi's position very iffy (also was there no ambassador for the water tribes?), the Firenation must now about the bad shit that's happening there. Zuko would have spoken up in favour of an assault, I'm sure of that.

Also, again no Toph vs. Kuvira. How much longer will we have to wait for that?

This should have been at least two episodes imo. There was way to much packed in one episode. Zaheer disappointed me, if this is the only thing we'll be seeing of him, it's a bit of a waste. I had hoped that Zaheer would join Korra to fight againts Kuvira, instead we just got this.

Bolin and Opel should also have gotten more time together. I think their relationship at this point in time is one of the more interesting character dynamics LoK has to offer. This should have been a bigger deal. I also find Izumi's position very iffy (also was there no ambassador for the water tribes?), the Firenation must now about the bad shit that's happening there. Zuko would have spoken up in favour of an assault, I'm sure of that.

Also, again no Toph vs. Kuvira. How much longer will we have to wait for that?

Fan may not know, Kuvira was able(some how) keep it secret from its way more advance neighbor

Cool episode, I am just a little confused why both Varrick and Bolin forgot to mention how they are sending FIRE NATION citizens to camps. That as the game winning touchdown. Fire nation come gun blazed.

No proof? Also, not sure Izumi would want to enter a global conflict for the sake of some refugees. Still, I agree it should have been addressed.

Overall good episode. I was fine with Zaheer's role as I can't imagine them letting him out. Dude would kill Kuvira, then fly off to murder all the other world leaders. I do wish he'd mentioned some Red Lotus contacts though, as it's weird how this group hasn't really been mentioned at all.

Though the amount of Opal-Bolin was fine, I personally dgaf about their relationship so I don't want it to take up too much time.

Archived