Marvel Cinematic Universe General Discussion: The reboot

protar

Honestly, my only exposure to Carol Danvers was through the X-Men*. Looking a wiki, it seems that Carol got her powers from being in an explosion with Mar-Vel?

Given the position of the Captain Marvel movie between the Infinity War movies, I wonder if Mar-Vel will be in Part 1 (a herald coming to warn earth?) with Carol being a SHIELD agent**. Then during the end battle scenes, he sacrifices himself to protect her from a energy blast that puts her in a coma. The post credit scene could be her in the hospital and power starts radiating from her, making all the machines go haywire. When the nurse looks back, she's awake. Next stop: solo movie.

*Rogue touched her, which usually just knocks out the victim and gives Rogue temporary access to the powers. For whatever reason, the power transfer was permanent and put Carol in a coma.

**If pre-Captain Carol is a SHIELD agent, should we be looking for her on TV first?

**If pre-Captain Carol is a SHIELD agent, should we be looking for her on TV first?

Given that SHIELD has suffered a major setback I'd imagine they don't have fighter pilots anymore, as they lack the infrastructure to launch fighter jets. I'd bet she's just a military fighter pilot in the MCU. As I said before there were rumors that they were considering including her in Civil War without yet having her powers.

The Incredibles might well be the best superhero film ever. For my money it's Kick-Ass, but I understand how that's not to everyone's taste, and also Kick-Ass is very much a (fond) subversion of superhero stuff whereas The Incredibles embraces the whole thing wholeheartedly.

It's the film Fantastic Four should have been.

Kick-Ass is really not a subversion at all. It starts as one and then forgets it's supposed to be one cause Mark Millar is a shitty writer in so many different varied ways.

He swerved, and then he swerved again. Tricking you into thinking the movie was for you. Foiled again by being aware of tropes and going in with expectations!

OMG it's so far away from 2018 and the release date of the movies I'm interested in seeing. Is this why people begin to tweet? There's like 2 or maybe even 3 years to kill (haven't done the math recently).

The name "Captain Marvel" could be squeezed in as a pilot's callsign.

I'd prefer it to be an homage to Mar-Vell that she takes on to honour his sacrifice. I also don't want her to get her powers as a post-script to IW2. I prefer her to be in IW2 and survive, then her origin movie is actually her origin.

In terms of actor for Carol Danvers, how about Katheryn Winnick from Vikings. A relative unknown but awesome in almost every possible way.

Archived