Drunk Again. How did this happen?

Lily Valley

Wait, lectures about the Blackboard CMS? Fuck that. I'm pretty tired of all the "workshops" featuring random Pearson products as well. That may be more of a high school specific thing.

And I'd totally give you my work email to help back up your efforts to connect with secondary school STEM teachers. I mean STEM is totally one of those terms that education administration folks go crazy over, right?

I can probably coach RRL on his reference abilities next month. Granted, we'll probably both be well-beered at the time, so it may not be the best coaching.....

ETA: This was all supposed to be in reply to Lily V, but I wandered off on an unrelated Google/YouTube/Twitter music trip with the Reply window still open. And then there were three extra responses. I blame beer.

If you mention "future of STEM teaching" and "trials of New Orleans Katrina survivors" y'all can use them. Srsly.

I met a whole class of college freshmen who had NEVER seen tectonic plates. They also had NEVER seen a model of the solar system. Y'know, they teach that in in Texas in 7th grade. In Louisiana, they teach that shit in 6th grade. Why would anyone check if a person had basic science knowledge or skills before graduating high school?

If I ever actually get close to self-offing, I'm taking you up on this first. No rescinding the offer!

XoXoXo. All yours sugarpants I made a list once and every damn thing is checked off, except your arrival.

What does it say about our kind that we gladly start threads on drunkenness and yet there are no non-drunkenness threads. Are none of you chaste? Have none of you thought of the children?

Got you covered Triskan.

So moving on.

Philosophical Thought Experiment: If a person is drunk in a room, but no one is around to witness it, are they really intoxicated?

You ever try something other than wine?

My drink of choice used to be Bundaberg and coke. I could drink it all night no worries. When we lived in Karratha I used to drink Southern comfort, Tequila and Orange till Midnight, then water tlll bedtime.

I like most drinks, prefer cider to beer, but everything sends me to sleep!

What does it say about our kind that we gladly start threads on drunkenness and yet there are no non-drunkenness threads. Are none of you chaste? Have none of you thought of the children?

Bloody Children!! it was having children that ruined my ability to drink!!!

Archived