NHL 2015 Playoffs - The Quest Begins...

Jabronius Maximus

I was only able to catch the last period of the Caps/Isles game due to class, but I like what I saw from the Isles. Seems like the pre-Allstar Game possession team is finally returning, and if they really are back to form, then I feel a hell of a lot more confident on making it out of this round.

As for the caps, I was disappointed with what I saw. There was absolutely no intensity from them. They seemed to have given up in the third period. I expect them to be better on Friday.

Ouch, that has to sting for the Preds. Crawford's backup was phenomenal.

Edit: wow looks like the Flames just swiped the game from the Canucks, scoring with about 30s left in the 3rd.

3/4 winners were on the road today. Not that anyone is surprised at who won, but this is the one sport where home field has meant almost nothing in recent years.

Interesting stat: Jagr personally has more playoff points than 5 playoff teams combined (Calgary, Ottawa, Winnipeg, NYI and St Louis).

https://twitter.com/robvollmanNHL/status/588370153139634176

Further proof that Jagr is a cyborg, and that this year's playoff are a breath of fresh air, in a sense.

I was only able to catch the last period of the Caps/Isles game due to class, but I like what I saw from the Isles. Seems like the pre-Allstar Game possession team is finally returning, and if they really are back to form, then I feel a hell of a lot more confident on making it out of this round.

As for the caps, I was disappointed with what I saw. There was absolutely no intensity from them. They seemed to have given up in the third period. I expect them to be better on Friday.

I actually got to catch the game and the Islanders played a pretty great game, they really followed the formula to beat the Caps: don't let their power play beat you, win the individual battles, don't let Ovechkin or Backstrom steal the game.

I think this was a really important win, with Hamonic out for who knows how long, taking at least 1 of the first two in Washington was big, but only if we can get those two wins at home.

Nervous about tonight. I have us losing this series but I can't help but have the smallest bit of hope because of Crosby, Malkin and Fleury.

With that said, hope is foolish.

Those 3 make for more than a bit of hope. If they can turn it on, the Rags will be in tough. I don't think anyone will bat an eye if the Pens can somehow win the series. I won't compare this to '09, because the Pens' bottom 6 then was far stronger than it is now. But any team with those 3 at the top has more than a chance.

Those 3 make for more than a bit of hope. If they can turn it on, the Rags will be in tough. I don't think anyone will bat an eye if the Pens can somehow win the series. I won't compare this to '09, because the Pens' bottom 6 then was far stronger than it is now. But any team with those 3 at the top has more than a chance.

Good points. Our D is gonna be our downfall. There's word that Malkin has a bad back as well, but a guy of his caliber needs to play through that. I feel like a guy like Kunitz could wake up from a slump in this series, too.

There is some hope here. Not a lot, but some...

The Subban hack deserved a suspension, IMO. And I'm far from a Sens fan. That was a two-handed chop to the hands, and if Murray was telling the truth, namely that PK threatened to injure Stone shortly before the incident, then the non-suspension is a travesty. The kid's got a fractured wrist, and thanks to Subban the Sens are going to put Neil in the lineup for the next game. This is gonna get ugly.

Edited for clarity

Well, we didn't get hammered. We had some opportunities to tie it, and played better after the two first period goals. We just have so much trouble getting the puck out of our own zone, and we keep playing this dump and chase get which is very frustrating to say the least.

So many of Tampa's losses this year have gone this way: they hammer the other team, and Bishop can't hold up his end of the bargain. Tonight they out shot Detroit 46-14, and Bishop let in 3 on those 14 shots. I'm going to lose every bracket pool I'm in because I picked this bunch to make it to the SC finals.

Edit: forgot about Mrazek, props to that kid for stonewalling Tampa.

NYI definitely looks like the strong team that they were prior to the ASG. And even without Boudreau, Washington still struggles in the playoffs. In most series I see of theirs, they've really struggled to score.

This will be a very short series if they can't get it together. Also Halak has to be firmly etched in the nightmares of Caps fans. After stoning them in 2010, it looks like he's back to his old tricks.

Archived