NHL 2015 Playoffs - The Quest Begins...

Jabronius Maximus

It's the Crosby show in NY. Normally I don't root for him, but since it's against the evil Blue shirts I'm loving it! :D

Same here! Do I expect the Rags will win the series any way.

McDavid to the oilers. Seems like the Pens and the Oilers and the only teams in the NHL allowed to get generational players.

Edit: And the Pens win in msg!

This game felt like the first time in about nine or ten games versus the Rangers where Crosby actually had open ice. I've become so used to seeing someone attached to Crosby it was kinda glaringly obvious when that wasn't happening this game. When that happens he's just so much fun to watch.

Well that was bullshit. I'm ok with the refs putting away the whistles in the playoffs, but there are some penalties that have to be called. The non-too many men penalty with three minutes remaining is one thing, but when Silferberg got away with holding the stick, and then scores the game winning goal directly because he held the Jets defender's stick, it shows that there is some bias against the Jets. But what really pisses me off was that the Ducks got the game tying goal off of a play that was obviously goalie interference.

"Ca sent la coupe", as they would say in my home town of Montreal.

We have the same kind of optimism every year since our last Cup in 1993 though, I really wouldn't bet on our chances. Having Price in the net really is a boon though.

Any thoughts as to who will take the Cup home this year?

The Ducks have had a lead for 11 minutes total in this series. And they're up 3-0. That kinda reminds me of last year's Kings.

And continuing the crowd chanting tradition, I believe they referred to Corey as 'Katy Perry' tonight. Man what did this team do to the hockey gods, to be down 0-3 this fashion? Same with Ottawa - both these teams went through hell to make it, and will likely be dumped in short order.

Holy shit Jabronius, is this kid really that good?

"Best prospect in 30 years"~Wayne Gretzky

:lol: I think Gretz has lost his marbles a bit. He once said Nugent-Hopkins reminds him a lot of himself, the way he plays a heady, high IQ game. So I wouldn't put any stock in his opinion.

That said, Mcdavid is easily the best prospect since Crosby. His junior stats are truly astonishing - 120 pts in 47 games. He has a strong chance to win the scoring race despite missing 20 games. With all that, I'm still not as excited as I should be. I want to see what will be done with the current front office before jumping aboard the Connor express. If anyone can screw up a sure fire prospect, it's Lowe and Co.

Archived