NHL 2015 Playoffs - The Quest Begins...

Jabronius Maximus

I think we'll have to wait until the Saturday games have been played to see who makes the playoffs - both in the East and the West. Sure, Calgary can eliminate Los Angeles with a regulation win tomorrow, but it would be even more exciting if we have to wait until Saturday.

Bennett is a good player who is both young (so yes, does make mistakes) and stuck on an abysmal line most of the time. But not only did he score, he had a few solid solo attempts with some nice footwork. Semi-relatedly, guess how many games its been since Adams scored a goal. I really want to see more of Bennett. And really, I do not understand why the Pens play their 4th line so much compared to other teams when our 4th line is fucking terrible.

I like Beau as well but many times this season you haven't even noticed him on the ice. That's why he hasn't been a top 6. I'd like to see him get a chance up there, but you can't be surprised that he's on the bottom 6.

As for Adams, so what? He's a fourth liner. I'm not expecting him to score goals. The Pens problem is not playing 60 minutes. They'll own a period and then fade away. And that period is typically the first.

The Wings have also clinched a spot. And the Flames and Jets are each 1 period away from clinching spots. If the Flames can hold on, Saturday isn't looking like the big ticket night like it was earlier this week. The Sens, Pens and Bruins still have to duke it out for two spots though.

Operation Regicide is now complete. Who would've thought a road trip through Alberta would spell doom for the Kings.

This has been a very strange season in the league. Perennial powerhouses like Boston, Pittsburgh, SJ and LA either missed or are struggling to make the playoffs.

Anyhow, I could see Minnesota making a huge splash in the playoffs. They've been arguably the best team in the league since Dubnyk arrived, and they'll be facing a Blues squad with some goaltending issues.

I'm also excited for Flames-Canucks in the 1st round. Last time they played, it was a classic 7-gamer in 2004. It could have fireworks this time around as well.

Looks like the caps will up against the Isles in the first round. Pretty confident In our chances they're a good, young, talented team but their post season inexperience will be key.

I'm dreading that match up for the Isles. Not as much as playing Montreal though. Caps are the type of physical team that could beat us in maybe 6. I'd actually be more comfortable in playing the Rangers.

Looks like the caps will up against the Isles in the first round. Pretty confident In our chances they're a good, young, talented team but their post season inexperience will be key.

The Pens can still pass the Isles, so we can possibly see another Caps-Pens series. Some other playoff matchups that might happen;

Lightning vs. Red Wings

Canucks vs. Flames (home ice yet to be decided)

Blues vs. Wild (but the Blues can also face the Hawks or the Jets)

Well it looks like the Jets finally made it through to the playoffs. I could see them beating either the Blues or the Ducks, as this team is built for playoff hockey. They're fast, they're tough and they play a good four line, North/south, positional game. Factor in the likelihood of the refs putting the whistles away and letting the players play (meaning less bullshit penalties to kill), and you have a pretty tough team to beat, much like the Kings typically are (once they make it through to the playoffs, that is). All they need is a split in the first two games in either St. Louis or Anaheim and ride the crowd momentum in the three home games.

Oh, Penguins... 3-1 loss to the Islanders.

We can't score and our defense is nothing but (as Mark Madden would say) a bunch of Obi Wan Jabroni's.

Pens handing out their jersey to the fans afterwards since it's the last home game. I hope they all throw them back on the ice.

Go get the golf clubs ready, fellas.

Man, maybe I'm a bad sports fan but I don't get the hate. I think they could make plenty of better management decisions (and GUARD THE SLOT OH MY GOD) but eh. They're still giving me entertainment (and heart attacks) on a regular basis. :dunno:

Don't play with only 5 D, fire Downie into the sun, retire Scuds (seriously he used to be pretty good but its time to go, imo) and stop trading young players for older, slower versions of themselves? The Pens are slow as a team. I'd have liked to be there tonight and I'd be fucking stoked to have a jersey.

Man, maybe I'm a bad sports fan but I don't get the hate. I think they could make plenty of better management decisions (and GUARD THE SLOT OH MY GOD) but eh. They're still giving me entertainment (and heart attacks) on a regular basis. :dunno:

Don't play with only 5 D, fire Downie into the sun, retire Scuds (seriously he used to be pretty good but its time to go, imo) and stop trading young players for older, slower versions of themselves? The Pens are slow as a team. I'd have liked to be there tonight and I'd be fucking stoked to have a jersey.

How are you entertained by this season? They have to play the worst team in the NHL tomorrow night to make it into the playoffs. They get opportunities to win and clinch and they blow a 3 goal lead against the Sens cause they can't play 60 minutes to save their lives. If you think dumping and chasing the puck is entertaining then you should be there tonight. I hope you get Scuderi's jersey.

And Downie should have had opportunities to play on the top 6 instead of jabronies like Winnik and Beau Bennett.

I agree with the 5 D statement.

What about Obi Wan Jabroni? I feel like that's a pretty solid use. :D

:lol: I'll let that slide. But mostly out of pity because the Pens might miss the playoffs :p.

(All in jest; I really hope they make it)

Ottawa is now in, making it 5 Canadian teams in the playoffs. It looks like they'll play Tampa or Montreal, depending on how the games finish tonight.

Archived