Fortitude (TV series) -Stanley Tucci, Michael Gambon, Christopher Eccleston

AncalagonTheBlack

why is the feeders girlfriend weirdly sick now? is it linked to the illness that the boy has? is it a prehistoric disease from the rubbish looking mammoth?

I did wonder if it might be meant to be some sort of contamination leading to the various illnesses. I remember in the previous episode there was a scene where one of the scientist was commenting on some mysterious deformed reindeer foetuses.

WHAT IS GOING ON???

For at least the last two eps I've been saying that over and over as the credits roll. :)

Not knowing what is going on is far preferable to the opposite state of affairs though.

Edited for: stupid Swype app always thinks I mean 'too' instead of 'to'

WHAT IS GOING ON???

For at least the last two eps I've been saying that over and over as the credits roll. :)

Not knowing what is going on is far preferable too the opposite state of affairs though.

yep. I haven't got a clue. What Is the likelyhood of only 2 of the people who came into contact with the mammoth catching the crazy murderer virus? So far I can think of at least another 4 people who came in contact with it, or bits of it.

However I'm really enjoying it, though that stomach tearing thing was gregoresque in its brutality. Feel desperately sorry for the little girl with the arsehole dad.

Feel desperately sorry for the little girl with the arsehole dad.

Totes. But kind of expecting her dad to get sick too. And what DID happen to his hand anyway? 'Oh, there's no bears round here for miles' *please don't notice this huge bloodstain on the snow*

Also, was so gutted (sorry) that the creepy feeder guy didn't get offed last night instead of the mother. But then I suppose the argument would be that he was physically stronger than her and would have been able to fight her off*. Also I suppose it's a better plot device to have the only MD in the place be taken out, as that creates a greater sense of peril in the face of any injuries/accidents.

*although maybe with all that weight he kept piling on to her, she'd have given him a run for his money. THE CREEPY FUCK. Far and away the most sinister character in the show - which is full of shady, unbalanced and even outright sociopathic characters. The first time he showed up in this ep and said, 'I've thought of another way...' (or whatever) I said, 'yeah, we're going to stick a tube down your throat!' and lo, he pulls some tubing out of his bag. I want something truly awful to happen to that guy.

how many sympathetic characters are there in this show? little abused girl, 2 female police officers, i'm struggling here, maybe morton, but he is an arrogant fuck. the hot female and nerdy male biologist, perhaps the mother of the nut job kid.

everyone else is a fucking car crash.

how many sympathetic characters are there in this show? little abused girl, 2 female police officers, i'm struggling here, maybe morton, but he is an arrogant fuck. the hot female and nerdy male biologist, perhaps the mother of the nut job kid.

everyone else is a fucking car crash.

I'm rooting for Henry and the Shaman dude.

Anyone else think that the classic 80's vinyl moment near the end was a homage to Patrick Bateman? I thought that bit was great.

Feeder is still the creepiest person in the entire show. Does not seem bothered at all by the demise of his girlfriend.

Downed with flu for the past week so gave this a go, have to say it's been excellent so far. After the first couple of episodes it felt like a less odd & quirky version of Twin Peaks - thorough and capable FBI agent sent to a small remote community with supernatural undertones to investigate a crime and discovering that the whole town is batshit crazy or sleeping with one another. Well it ditched that vibe in the eps I just watched today. Love the whole fierce setting with the eery atmospheric tension and the cast that's been brilliant so far.

Kinda wished i'd waited until the season had aired in its entirety, the waiting is brutal :(

Trying hard not to get annoyed with poor science. They are finding 'toxins' in brain sections? Doubt it. You can see evidence of cellular damage caused by toxins or prions or some other agent of disease but you're not going to SEE a toxin with a light microscope.

Also, how have they identified this toxin and what are they saying it is? It's all very vague.

I'm also offended by two scientists being allowed to slice up a human corpse. Is one of them a medical doctor? If not, that's super unethical. But I'll accept it as maybe don't have a qualified person in Fortitude to do it.

Trying hard not to get annoyed with poor science. They are finding 'toxins' in brain sections? Doubt it. You can see evidence of cellular damage caused by toxins or prions or some other agent of disease but you're not going to SEE a toxin with a light microscope.

Also, how have they identified this toxin and what are they saying it is? It's all very vague.

I'm also offended by two scientists being allowed to slice up a human corpse. Is one of them a medical doctor? If not, that's super unethical. But I'll accept it as maybe don't have a qualified person in Fortitude to do it.

nerd, i don't care if you are correct or not.

ps does tucci have the best smirk in the history of the universe?

I'm actually pretty relaxed about lame science in tv shows and films. I don't just pull things to pieces for the sake of it. I just think they could be explaining themselves in a more plausible way.

Archived