What character do you identify most?

Alayne's Shadow.

Sandor Clegane. You dont know the inner turmoil locked away by not having a POV. Drink away the pain, put up a wall, shield yourself with aggression -- real or not. Clawing my way toward what appears as redemption, and then soiled and lost in the process. Undying longing to be rid of the past no matter how it haunts..drink the memories away.

Arya is so creepily similar to me, it's not even funny. The only difference is my family configuration but even then, how I relate to my parents and the kids around me is similar. My mother is not like Cat towards Arya but there is some exasperation there from my lack of caring about my appearance. :P

• Same temperament, same attitude towards life.
  • I look like my father, although my temperament is more like my mother's even if I am loath to admit it. Heck, I even relate to being away from family and constantly moving.
  • I hated barbie dolls and disney princesses (still have it in for Snow White) and did:do martial arts.
  • I am an only child but I grew with my cousins around and surprise, surprise: I got along with the boys better.
  • I bite my lower lip when I'm thinking or nervous.
  • I am also quick to adapt to new surroundings and very fast to integrate into the daily life of my new environment.
  • I also have a tendency to form a "pack", and I'm always trying to help people that seem marginalised or weaker. Family above all, loyalty is everything. Someone attacks my friends, they're on my shitlist.
  • Her storyline also resonates with that idea of always having this fixed goal (going home, family, Riverrun for her) that she just keeps on being derailed from. I find her just giving up and finding a substitute because it has just gotten so hard and heartbreakingly disappointing so completely realistic as well. But I suspect she will realise it's not enough and embrace who she is again.

Lol, I was going to start by saying I am a mix of Arya and Tyrion but actually I think the only Tyrion things about me are my sarcasm and my attitude to unjustly admonishing authority.

Tyrion was my favourite from the beginning but Arya tied by ASOS so they're my two favourites for completely different reasons.

I probably love Tyrion because my best friends are all Tyrion like people. He is just someone whom I empathise with, and would want to spend time with and be friends with. I think him being my favourite just shows what type of person I would get along with. Arya being my other favourite shows what I am like but also what parts of my personality I like in others.

A bit of Arya (I have 4 brothers- or had. 3 are dead now) and a lot of Brienne. I was always a tomboy, got into fist fights, and actually liked fighting. My father was my staunchest supporter. With a touch of Catelyn now, as a fellow widow who lost the plot after getting the news. There are bits of most of the female characters, and a couple male characters as well. GRRM is a keen observer of humanity.

Catelyn. Nothing that I can describe in particular, I just connect so much with her POV that I feel if I was in her setting and context I'd feel, think and do the same as she does.

I also see some of Arianne in my younger self, and Sarella too, for her interests.

Catelyn is my favourite character as well and it certainly has a lot to do with the identification feeling while reading. As it happens, the two other characters for which I have an emotional investment are her daughters: I might like Jon more than Sansa, but I care a lot more for her well being than for his.

I think that, what it might say about me is that I am getting old :)

Tyrion.

I come from a wealthy family/a militaristic, disapproving asshole dad, have my share of vices, and while I'm not a dwarf, I am a cripple, and chronically ill. That thing where he rubs the aches out of his legs? I do that, all of the time. I have mismatched eyes, although mine are not mismatched in colour, but rather in pupil size (a quirk of my illness). I can also say that my mind is my only real strength. I relish humour and try to be objective in my analysis of everything I come across, most of all, myself. And, uh, my first relationship went kind of terribly, albeit in some very different ways.

Archived