Watch, Watched, Watching: The Tribe Has Spoken!

Nox Irradiata

Finally saw Whiplash. I know these threads have been filled with Whiplash love for months, but it really is deserved. It was fantastic, and both JK Simmons and Miles Teller were awesome. I've never seen a film quite like it before.

Finally saw Whiplash. I know these threads have been filled with Whiplash love for months, but it really is deserved. It was fantastic, and both JK Simmons and Miles Teller were awesome. I've never seen a film quite like it before.

Just got it in my mailbox from Netflix :O

This netflix mailbox thing is confusing me. I guess it's a feature of US Netflix?

Also, Nox, you had me checking for Wolf of Wall-Street on UK Netflix :p disappointed now

Aww, sorry! :D I think there's a way to change your region back and forth, but I'm not sure.

Finished up Robocop 2014. Definitely not great but not totally awful either, in my opinion. To me it seems like the perfect sort of thing to have on in the background while you're doing laundry or surfing the internet on your phone or something (which is what I was doing, in between bites of a strangely delicious pizza combination of pepperoni & pineapple).

12 Years A Slave is up next and then going out to see Insurgent this evening.

What did you think of Once Upon a Time???

I enjoyed it, in a"well this is fun" sort of way. I can imagine it could easily be dragged on too long though. I'll see how S2 goes, but yeah I liked it (I keep getting the music stuck in my head, haha). I didn't really have an issue with the acting, which I know most have commented on. Is this a bigger problem in later seasons or am I just a bad judge? (No surprises there, lol)

This netflix mailbox thing is confusing me. I guess it's a feature of US Netflix?

Also, Nox, you had me checking for Wolf of Wall-Street on UK Netflix :P disappointed now

Confusing how? We're talking about getting the physical DVD"s in our mailboxes. Whenever I want mine I have to walk 2 blocks to get it though because we have community mailboxes here.

Confusing how? We're talking about getting the physical DVD"s in our mailboxes. Whenever I want mine I have to walk 2 blocks to get it though because we have community mailboxes here.

Netflix don't post films in the UK, as far as I know. It's all online streaming

Netflix don't post films in the UK, as far as I know. It's all online streaming

We've got both methods in the U.S.

Most new releases never come out on streaming until much much much later after their DVD releases, if at all. Getting the DVD's by post let's us see new releases relatively soon.

We've got both methods in the U.S.

Most new releases never come out on streaming until much much much later after their DVD releases, if at all. Getting the DVD's by post let's us see new releases relatively soon.

Ah, I see. I am almost certain we only get streaming, and Theda's reaction would suggest so too. Newest thing we've got is probably 22 Jump Street.

I enjoyed it, in a"well this is fun" sort of way. I can imagine it could easily be dragged on too long though. I'll see how S2 goes, but yeah I liked it (I keep getting the music stuck in my head, haha). I didn't really have an issue with the acting, which I know most have commented on. Is this a bigger problem in later seasons or am I just a bad judge? (No surprises there, lol)

yeah its fluffy fun watching i never rly had a problem with the acting

Such a great ending too.

Such a great ending too.

Definitely. I also thought it was the perfect length for a movie. I feel a lot of movies that are considered great tend to run a little long, so I find they don't have a great rewatch value. At an hour and 40 minutes, I can definitely see myself watching Whiplash again in the near future.

Same here. Almost finished with the 1st season and I'm enjoying it. Concept behind it is fun and I enjoy the revelations of who each character is. Definately worth a watch.

Archived