Watch, Watched, Watching: The Tribe Has Spoken!

Nox Irradiata

Watching Indian Summers. It's basically Downton set in Colonial India. Except without characters as well-drawn or interesting.

It's hard to pin down just what it's missing -since there's a greater sense of urgency- but it is missing something.

Looked gorgeous though.

I'm probably in the minority (especially in this thread) but I find the idea of buying DVDs odd. How often do you really re-watch a movie on your own accord? The only time I rewatch something is if it happens to be on television and I have nothing to do or if it's truly mesmerizing.

Could just be me though. I'm the same way with buying books.. I always go to the library and outside of the asoiaf series, can't remember a non-education/career related book that I've bought in the last 10 years.

You sound like my parents. I love rewatching movies, and have several I've seen 100+ times. At this point they're background noise while I'm reading or doing other things as I can pop in and out of the story without any thought. I also around 300 movies on dvd/br, and 75 individual season of television shows. So yeah, I really do love rewatching, I think it adds tremendously to the experience.

You sound like my parents. I love rewatching movies, and have several I've seen 100+ times. At this point they're background noise while I'm reading or doing other things as I can pop in and out of the story without any thought. I also around 300 movies on dvd/br, and 75 individual season of television shows. So yeah, I really do love rewatching, I think it adds tremendously to the experience.

At the moment I think I have about 200 dvds or close. Most of them bought within the last two years.

Haha to each his own. You buy your books too right? Even if you haven't read them?

Up to season 5 of my The US Office re-watch. :cheers: I watched through season 7 years ago, so when I get up to seasons 8 & 9 this time it'll be all new. I'm not expecting much out of the seasons

after Michael leaves, though.

The only redeemable thing about those was James Spader who was hilarious

Just finished the third season of Banshee. I'm feeling rather conflicted about it. On the one hand it was a very good season of television. Some of the fights were just incredible, there is no other word for it

e.g. Nola vs. Burton aka Holy Shit.

. The slew of great antagonists this show has is unlike anything else on television. The show sometimes makes bold stylistic choices and the plot always speeds ahead. However, I'm pretty disappointed. I felt like this season could have been more than just very good, it could have been magnificent. The type of season you would talk about for eons to come.

There were several things that bugged me, particularly in the

Chaytan storyline. That guy and his Red Bones weren't just carrying the idiot ball, they swallowed it whole, after which they sew their mouth, asses and every other crevace shut to prevent the ball from escaping them ever again. I also thought the VFX for his death were so laugably bad that they distracted from the overall moment.

However by far the biggest waste of this season is the

fridging of Siobhan (thanks for the spelling aid Nictarion) and to a lesser extent Gordon. Banshee isn't exactly loath to use a cliche, but usually they either put a neat spin on it or take it to such a batshit insane level that it almost obscures the fact that they are using a cliche. This decision on the other hand was just piss-poor and so very lazy. We all saw it coming, fuck in my previous post I even wrote about how much I dreaded that particular development. Now that Siobhan and Gordon are dead, we have an "excellent" opportunity for the two leads to hook back up again. How convenient.

This is of course an utterly shitty turn of events. I really do not like Carrie, she's pretty annoying even with the asskicking, but this season was her best one yet. Precisely because the writers didn't shoehorn a will-they-won't-they relationship plot with Hood in there. That gave the character some better ways to develop. Still, if they had to fridge someone to develop Hood I would have liked to see her go, or the daughter (who annoys the shit out of me). That would have been somewhat unexpected.

I also felt like the character of Siobhan could have been so much more than what she eventually amounted to. Gordon was a pretty flat character and I can see why developing him further was hard, but Siobhan should have stuck around longer. Another nice thing about her survival would have been the lack of ghost flashbacks ETA: Ghost appearance (a trope I find pretty dull).

I'll be tuning in next year, but I do think it won't be nearly as much fun.

On Banshee -

I HATED the Siobhan death; like HATED it. But i actually thought her appaearing to Hood and the flashbacks of what could have been if he'd never stayed were fucking brilliant.

I was dissapointed a bit with the finale but i thought the penultimate episode was breathtakingly good. Burton rebecca saving kai

Kai burning those guys alive and his speech...amaazing

On Banshee -

I HATED the Siobhan death; like HATED it. But i actually thought her appaearing to Hood and the flashbacks of what could have been if he'd never stayed were fucking brilliant.

I was dissapointed a bit with the finale but i thought the penultimate episode was breathtakingly good. Burton rebecca saving kai

Kai burning those guys alive and his speech...amaazing

Oh, the Siobhan flashback was great. Probably the only good thing to come out of the clusterfuck that was her death. And Hood could have gotten that without Siobhan dieing. I should have been more specific. I meant those ghost appearances of her Hood saw during for example the heist. It's such a stupid, lazy way to portray grief.

I'm glad to see you hated her death as well. I was reading some comments on the AV-Club and the commenters there weren't fond of it as well. I think the showrunner is just enarmoured by Carrie (for some reason) or perhaps he wants to stick to some stupid outline he scribbled on a napkin somewhere. A big mistake imo, such wasted potential.

On the finale, I agree it was a bit underwelming. In general I think this show is better at the beginning of the season than towards the end.

I disagree with you on Carrie though. I LOVE Carrie; I just don't want her endgame to be happily married with Hood. Just wouldn't work. I really like their dynamic as old friends with a shit ton of history. I don't really see what's so annoying about her.

Deva as well

What? You find out your dad isn't your dad but the crazy sherrif is, your mum is the daughter of a terrifying gangster and has been in hiding from him your whole life, your brother is ill, and you DONT act out???

I like deva. She's just a kid.

To say her or carrie's death would have been okay is just not respecting the show tbh. Those deaths would be OMG SHOCKING but they would feel no better than Siobhan's.

Been watching 'The Blacklist' on Netflix. It's so aggressively mediocre!!!

It does everything I love in a show. Spying, government conspiracies, cool bad guys, a husband with a dark pass, and double-crosses.

Trouble is, I know everything that's going to happen fifteen seconds into every episode. And I knew everything that was going to happen in the season fifteen minutes into the show.

Archived