Small Questions v. 10097

Rhaenys_Targaryen

I'm trying to make a list of Targaryens who had monstrous babies.

- Maegor I The Cruel (multiple)

- Rhaenyra (a daughter, Visenya)

- Daenerys (a son, Rhaego)

Am I missing anyone?

Have there been any monstrous babies born by non Targaryens?

I'm trying to make a list of Targaryens who had monstrous babies.

- Rhaenyra (a daughter, Visenya)

Am I missing anyone?

Have there been any monstrous babies born by non Targaryens?

Aerys II had many stillborn childs.... maybe few were deformed.

In TV show Stannis had stillborn childs.

Quote by The Snark of Winterfell, 8th November 2014

Sorry this post is all over the place and not much direction, but I want to get a feel for people's thoughts on the subject.

It became pretty clear in the early Targ chapters of the TWOIAF that it was actually pretty common Targ babies came out scaled or deformed with tails and described as monsters.

Maegor had a bunch, an eyeless monstrosity from Alys Harroway, Elinor Costayne and Jeyne Westerling but it is said that Tyanna of the Tower took responsibility for this.

Aegon II had a twisted malformed stillborn with a hole in her chest an a stubby scaled tail from Rhaenyra Targ

Aegon IV had some stilborns

Tyrion Lannister malformed, demonic eyes and a possible tail. (there is the obvious Aerys Targ theory)

Daemon Targ had a twisted deformed son to Laena

In Mantarys, which is closest inhabited place to Valaryia after the the Doom, men are born twisted and monstrous

Danerys Targ had Rhaego who was a monstrosity with scales and a tail, which was most likely due to the blood magic, but who knows.

I think there are more, but don't feel like doing that exhaustive a search.

I am fishing for theories on why this is a common theme among the Targs.

Obviously, the presence of magic and sorcery is there, but it's not present in all cases.

Blue Tiger, Thanks!! :)

So Aegon IV and Daemon had stillborns, but were any of them actually monsters?

I'm only including monsters in my list, not stillborns.

Tyrion is an interesting add!

Daemon was father of Rhaenyra's stillborn, I think that her name was Visenya or Viseria.

I'll check Aegon IV

Aegon's son Jaehaerys :"was born with six fingers on his left hand, and six toes on each foot."

There is also Maelys Blackfyre with two hads.

Thanks again :)

So now we have:

- Rhaenyra (with Daemon) (a daughter, Visenya)

- Daemon (with Rhaenyra) (a daughter, Visenya)

- Aegon II (with Helaena) (a son (Jaehaerys) with 11 fingers and 12 toes, lived)

- Helaena (with Aegon II) (a son (Jaehaerys) with 11 fingers and 12 toes, lived)

- ? (a son, Maelys ''the Monstrous'' Blackfyre, lived)

- And possibly Tyrion, whom some believe to be Aerys' II bastard. He was born with a tail and two mismatched eyes. He lived.

- In Mantarys there are relatively many deformed people

I'm really interested in what it means that Targs have deformed babies every now and then, and I really wonder whether Dany will ever get pregnant again. Do you guys think that Mirri Maz Duur caused Rhaego's deformations or only caused his death in the womb?

Daemon was father of Rhaenyra's stillborn, I think that her name was Visenya or Viseria.

I'll check Aegon IV

He also fathered one with Laena Velaryon his second wife. Can someone please confirm that Aegon II hsd a little dragon baby? I missed that.

He also fathered one with Laena Velaryon his second wife. Can someone please confirm that Aegon II hsd a little dragon baby? I missed that.

He didn't. He had two bastards (status at birth unknown), a son (Jaehaerys) with 11 fingers and 12 toes, a daughter (Jaehaera) who was simple minded, and one perfectly healthy boy (Maelor).

He didn't. He had two bastards (status at birth unknown), a son (Jaehaerys) with 11 fingers and 12 toes, a daughter (Jaehaera) who was simple minded, and one perfectly healthy boy (Maelor).

An extra finger and a couple more toes does not a dragon baby make :) Aegon II should be removed.

Did Tyland Lannister return the gold he hid from Aegon II's treasury?

We don't know exactly. There is no passage in any of the books clearly stating what happened with the divided threasure after the Dance. What we do know is that Tyland's decision to divide the treasure was part of the war strategy and in perfect agreement with the Crown (the Greens, at the time).

Moreover, since even under severe torture Tyland refused to tell the Blacks where he hid the gold, we can assume he was exceptionally loyal to the Greens. When KL was taken back by the Greens, he still remained Master of Coin, hired sellswords in Essos etc. Later, after the Dance, he became Aegon III's Hand of the King until his death two years later.

If he still had part of the Crown's coin hidden somewhere in Casterly Rock / Oldtown, why would the Greens reward him for that by making him Hand? Alicent, grandmother of Aegon III, is one person who did definitely know about the division of the Crown's treasure. Did they just forgot? It is possible, of course, but not very likely. I always assumed the coin was spent during the war or brought back soon after.

edit: typo

We don't know exactly. There is no passage in any of the books clearly stating what happened with the divided threasure after the Dance. What we do know is that Tyland's decision to divide the treasure was part of the war strategy and in perfect agreement with the Crown (the Greens, at the time).

Moreover, since even under severe torture Tyland refused to tell the Blacks where he hid the gold, we can assume he was exceptionally loyal to the Greens. When KL was taken back by the Greens, he still remained Master of Coin, hired sellswords in Essos etc. Later, after the Dance, he became Aegon III's Hand of the King until his death two years later.

If he still had part of the Crown's coin hidden somewhere in Casterly Rock / Oldtown, why would the Greens reward him for that by making him Hand? Alicent, grandmother of Aegon III, is one person who did definitely know about the division of the Crown's treasure. Did they just forgot? It is possible, of course, but not very likely. I always assumed the coin was spent during the war or brought back soon after.

edit: typo

Sounds right to me.

Archived