Small Questions v. 10097

Rhaenys_Targaryen

I have a question regarding Bael the Bard. Is it anywhere confirmed when he lived? Because Ygritte tells Jon in ACOK that he climbed the Wall and took the Kingsroad to Winterfell.

What wonders me is that she talks about the kingsroad which is only 200 years old, built by Jaehaerys I and that she talks about LORD Stark, not KING Stark.

So whats the matter with that?

I have a question regarding Bael the Bard. Is it anywhere confirmed when he lived? Because Ygritte tells Jon in ACOK that he climbed the Wall and took the Kingsroad to Winterfell.

What wonders me is that she talks about the kingsroad which is only 200 years old, built by Jaehaerys I and that she talks about LORD Stark, not KING Stark.

According to Brandon The Daughterless' wiki there is no timeline to when this happened, just that it took place after the War of Conquest. But then of course it would have to after or atleast during Jaehaerys' reign.

So sadly I don't believe we know when exactly it happened.

Yandel doesn't belive he exsisted at all...

Does the Wall also block warging like it block the Others? I know it dont block Bloodraven , but what about regular wargs?

Quibbling here, but we dont actually know BR is.not prevented from warging by the Wall

Do you think Jon already knew about Bael? Because in an earlier chapter in ACOK he mentions him to Jeor Mormont. So he knew him but didnt know the exact legend?

I'm sure most young boys and girls in Winterfell (specifically), elsewhere in the north and even elsewhere in Westoros are told that story.

I'm sure most young boys and girls in Winterfell (specifically), elsewhere in the north and even elsewhere in Westoros are told that story.

Yeah, he knew that he was king beyond the wall, but he didnt know the tale of him before he became king. Ygritte told him that.

Also, another thing i noticed: ghost is howling in a wolf dream of jon. So he isnt silent, right?

It would seem so. Jon can't sense Ghost anymore where the Wall is between them, for example.

But that could be due to Bloodraven's interference. Bran and Summe connected with Jon an Ghost while Bran was hidingvin the crypts at Winterfell and Jon was scouting with Qhorin beyond the Wall.

Just wondering if there are any threads on what maggy the frog may be talking about when she says the younger queen will take all that is dear from cersei (or something along those lines). I just saw a thread about the prophecy and her children, Jaime and power are the only ones I could think of

Eta had to fix the auto corrects correction of maggy to maggot

Just wondering if there are any threads on what maggy the frog may be talking about when she says the younger queen will take all that is dear from cersei (or something along those lines). I just saw a thread about the prophecy and her children, Jaime and power are the only ones I could think of

Eta had to fix the auto corrects correction of maggy to maggot

I think her children too, but behind the two you cited. I tried to breakdown the entire passage here...

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/122254-cerseis-dream-cersei-viii-feast/

Archived